North Cyprus Tourist Board - Just the Best Proper Burger at 15s Fifteens Rest & Bar
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Just the Best Proper Burger at 15s Fifteens Rest & Bar

Just the Best Proper Burger at 15s Fifteens Rest & Bar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 74 in Discussion

Last nite i had just the best burger ever at 15s bar & restaurant in Alsancak, homemade by a proper chef with real mince and huge, served in a very soectacular way, you have to see it yourself, cant remember what it cost either as i didnt pay the bill, lucky me, met some lovely people there too ; )

Mindy

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 74 in Discussion

Noticed a blackboard outside said bar today advertising 'Soup' 10 tl......

Hate to think what burgers cost if that is the price for a bowl of soup.

everon

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 74 in Discussion

£4.00 for a bowl of soup! no way!

Mindy

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 74 in Discussion

Yes way

Be interested to know what the ingredients are in this bowl of soup costing 10tl

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 74 in Discussion

Did i say anything about soup ?

are you negative nicks bird !!!

Camli

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 74 in Discussion

Mindy,

Why dont you go and find out what the ingredients are before having a pop!

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 74 in Discussion

I must admit 10tl for soup is excessive and the ingredients will need to be spectacular for that price, but i can see how anyone can judge a restaurant by a black board outside !!

Mindy

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 74 in Discussion

I merely pointed out that if it is 10 tl for a soup, and you didn't know what the burger cost because someone else was paying the bill then I was curious to know what the burger meal cost. If you ever do find out please share it.

smithy

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 74 in Discussion

he is talking about a great burger where did the soup come into it ????

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 74 in Discussion

Steak hache or burger? Bouillabaisse soup for 10TL, great value! In TRNC? I think not, not a clue!

Richard

Camli

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 74 in Discussion

exactly! soup has nothing to do with it and marcothechef was pointing out he had a great burger at 15s, not really sure it matters what it cost either.If you want to know the price go inside and get a menu and im sure it will be on there. If its to pricey dont have one!!

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 74 in Discussion

the problem with the TRNC is that the cost are high and the expat customer base want cheap.

The basic running cost of a catering business here are huge, way more than most other countrys, and the sums just dont add up any more, when i came here 7 years ago i had a restaurant and sold efes at 3.5 to 4 lira, it has gone up in price from efes at least 10 times since, but its still 4 lira, so who is the looser here ??

I wont have a restaurant here anymore and i have 25 years experience, that cant be a good thing for this country.

But as a paying customer now its great coz I get to eat out for cheap and just hope that the compromises that caterers make here to pay their bills wont affect the hygiene standards in the kitchens !!

Tojoto

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 74 in Discussion

I also have had a fantastic burger in 15's and have in fact been to eat there twice this week because the food there was THAT good. I have also advised friends to eat there, which they have, and they too have thoroughly enjoyed thier meals (not just the burgers). it is not over priced and I suggest that people try these places before they criticise them on this forum. It is too easy for simple minded people to damage reputations out here.

Tojoto

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 74 in Discussion

I too have had a stunning burger at 15's and in fact have returned there twice this week because the food was that good. Both my family and friends agree that the food that we chose (burgers, fillet steak, wraps and desserts) was absolutely fantastic and I quote "the best burger I have ever eaten". The people who write negative comments on here should be ashamed of themselves, you are damaging the reputations of perfectly good establishments before you have actually tried them. And so what , If the prices you see on a blackboard are more than you can afford, then go eat somewhere thats suits you better before criticising.

And the burgers are NOT overpriced-you should see the bloody size of them!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 12

If you were charging 4 Million Lira 7 years ago for a bottle of Efes no wonder you're no longer in business, what was your GP 600%? If you'd tried working on 60% that would have bought you plenty of repeat customers and maybe a successful enterprise. No accounting for greed!

Richard

keithcaley

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 74 in Discussion

Tojoto - total posts = 2, both in vigorous defence of 15's...

Would it be 'simple minded' of me to presume that you are somehow connected to this establishment?

If not the actual owner, or an employee, then at the very least a good friend of one or the other?

Why attack someone who is simply reporting a fact?

That fact being that the blackboard outside advertises soup at 10 TL - if they don't want people to know that fact, and disseminate it, why put it on the blackboard?

And I have to say, I too think that that is very expensive for soup (un-named, at that!) in TRNC...

So as long as you want to keep plugging your Mate's Bar/ Restaurant, and having a 'pop' at Members of this Forum who have contributed a damn sight more than you, then we will keep telling people that the soup sounds very expensive at 10TL

It's up to you - do you want to carry on?

p.s. I don't like your attitude to the Forum Members, and certainly won't be visiting, so that's one potential customer you've lost

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 74 in Discussion

Worry not Keith, the chef extraordinaire is going to provide us with a proper, legitimate Mediterranean soup with shell and wet fish for the grand price of 10TL. Can't wait!

Richard

parkview

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 74 in Discussion

I am not related, an employee, friend or business partner of this establishement but have to say it was the best burger I have had on the island too. For god's sake go and try before you all slag off these restaurants/bars. Re message 12, the last thing a quality outlet needs is cheap people, there are enough bars on the island serving mediocre fare at a greasy spoon prices..... 15 are not expensive for the quality served. How many of you have ever run a catering business especially here in the TRNC, you have no idea of costs incurred in doing something decent and of a consistant quality.

spanna

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 74 in Discussion

Sorry... I have no links to the establishment either and have now eaten there twice in quite short succession for exactly the same reason... the food was fantastic and really reasonable - had an amazing hot chicken wrap served with wedges and salad - 14tl - massive portion and the best I've had in NC.... Come on guys- it's not easy setting up a new business here - let's enable people to encourage one another without the usual gripes...

It's nice to be nice....

Keep Smiling!!

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 74 in Discussion

Brinsley old boy its got nothing to do with greed as it happens i sold my very successful business for a substantial amount more that i paid for it, and the margins for restaurants are, world wide at 30% cost of sales , thats called paying the bills not greed

Mindy

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 74 in Discussion

Thankyou Keith for your input, I wish I hadn't mentioned the soup now, for those who think I was being negative I totally disagree, I read a menu for soup on a board for 10 tl and I stated in my opinion it was pricey. Now how is that going to effect the livelyhood on this establishment. I am resting my case now, enough said.

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 74 in Discussion

Sorry mindy, didnt intend this to become a bun fight

Simhar

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 74 in Discussion

Hi guys, thank you for all your comments it's nice to get some feedback. I am the owner of 15's so i do have a vested interest. The soup in question was a leek and potato soup freshly made with cream and a home made stock plus fresh herbs etc. It is served in a large bowl with a big hunk of bread. A meal in itself. All of our food is freshly made in our kitchen, never prepackaged using the best ingredients available. You are all welcome to come and have a look at our menu, judge for yourself the pricing and stay and eat or leave if you feel it's too expensive. Our burgers are 14tl including chips (not frozen) and a salad garnish, good value i think. For those who have eaten here, thanks for all the nice comments glad you have enjoyed your meals

Vidal

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 74 in Discussion

Hi Simhar

Are your burgers served in the evening?

kathy88

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 74 in Discussion

i agree whith marcosthechef whot a top guy xx

kathy88

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 74 in Discussion

god who really cares whot soup cost !!! please get a life lollllll x

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 74 in Discussion

I for one do not find it expensive. I sad you all do. They are trying to make a living as we all are. Mark in your own words you were so lucky. I just hate to see posts like this. They nee toot to be critised. i NWISH THE LOVELY PEOPLE RUNNNING IT ALL THE LUCK. Sorrrycaps on. They need it as we all do. Mark since your days costs have gone thro the roof, not just sourcing the products but lekkkie stafff etc. I for one cant wait to get there. If you want efes for 2.5 you can buy it at Starling with cooked chicken (whicj I buy for my strays. or go and enjoy a meal out. I have forgotten thier names but I wish them all the luck in the world Please do not be negative all we do is provide a service, and things like this make us wonder why x

/

Simhar

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 74 in Discussion

yes, we open at 12 (noon) and serve food throughout the day and evening

keithcaley

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 74 in Discussion

Simhar,

Thank you for your very clear and civil response.

I leave people to judge for themselves the value of the soup, but it does sound delicious

Quite frankly, when I posted originally, I was not in the slightest bit concerned about the cost of the soup, or it's quality.

What did concern me was the attitude of your 'supporter' Tojoto who proceeded to belittle a well liked and respected member of this forum, for simply stating a fact, and giving an opinion - that action by Tojoto will have done your Establishment more harm than anything that was posted by other members.

Do please remind him that the rules of this board call for respect to be shown to other members - and calling them 'simple minded' doesn't quite do it...

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 74 in Discussion

Liz i know that the costs are truly horrendous now and i have great admiration for you guys still hanging in there, I have just spent inexcess of 5000tl to get my new business permit, albeit for two years, I like 15s and the guys that run it who work very very hard and yourselves too, i will pop in next week for a bowl of soup (3 tl at your place isnt lol) and some pate and every one will know i am there coz i am gonna park my van right out side !!

have a great week and my regards to the big man xx

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 74 in Discussion

Simhar sadly we\all have to take the flack. Once They know how good you are and I do know as sadly we work the same hours. We are here to help each other and we will xxx

scruff

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 74 in Discussion

I have to be careful with this posting because I don't want the same reaction the Mindy received. I'm perfectly happy to pay for a special meal once in a while. If the food is interesting & has been cooked with care & I really enjoy it then the price I pay is worth it to me . However one of my pet hates is an enormous mark up on wines & drinks. That will put me off going anywhere. I know that overheads are high here. I've lived here for 8 years & like the rest have seen my electric bills rising. I really cannot accept the large variations in price between one venue & another for let's say a bottle of Angora which costs 9 TL retail in the Supermarket & i would expect less wholesale. You will find one restaurant charghinf 21 TL for the bottle, another 22, another 25 & so on. Hotels like the Malpas charge 50 TL for the same bottle of wine & as a result, I wouldn't set foot in the place. Same problem with draught or bottled Efes. Enormous variations between 1 place & the next.

scruff

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 01:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 74 in Discussion

Contd.

Surely it would make more sense to reduce the price & sell more beer. This is how the large supermarkets have done it in the UK. Lower margins & big profits. Have they got it wrong? More buyers in shops & more bums on seats in restaurants & bars here. Somehow the penny doesn't seem to have dropped in the TRNC. though. I'd sooner pay a fair mark up on drinks & pay more for a really good meal. That's where the skill is. There is no cost in opening a bottle of Efes.

Waiting for the flack to come flying.

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 74 in Discussion

Scruff. Im sorry to disagree. There is a cost to opening a bottle of Efes. Someone has to serve it, someone has to wash the glasses. As we do not have wholesalers here most restaurants buy wines from the supermarket like you do at the same price. In the UK you could buy a bottle of Pino Grigo for £5 and be charged £30 in a lot of restaurants.

parkview

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 74 in Discussion

Scruff, I have freinds in the catering business here and it is no cheaper to buy wine wholesale than buying in supermarket. You have rent, staff, work permits, tax, vat and unlike the UK you get charged tax even if you don't make a penny here unlike UK where a business can earn up to a certain amount. I understand that some establishments seem to charge way over the odds for some drinks but I suppose it depends on each establishments overheads. Hotels all over the world usually charge double for drinks. I think the probem is for some of us who have lived here for many years (myself 15) we have noticed a big price increase in everything but we also have to remember it is the same for the businesses here.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 74 in Discussion

14 TL for a burger ! home made burger.home made chips.nice salad garnish

nice surroundings

hmmm

do any of you know the price of the shyte they serve at burger city next to lemar?

im sure 14TL is quite reasonable to say the least.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 74 in Discussion

I have always loved burgers, but the ones here are awful,up and down the island...the only nice ones i have had are at City burger. However, now that all you people have raved on about 15's burgers, i guess i shall have to go and try for myself, so...you will have gained at least one more customer for the one you have lost! Righ, that being said, all i need to do now is find a date to take me... ;))

DD

Simhar

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 74 in Discussion

Just to let you know the soup of today is French Onion Soup and yes it's 10tl! home made beef stock with caramelised Onions and a big cheesy crouton on top. served with bread I think good value but judge for yourself!

Mindy if you would like to come in and try the soup, pay me what you think it's worth (Remember guys Mindy has her picture up on the forum, so no imposters please!)

Cheers

Simon

Vidal

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 74 in Discussion

Message 33

Sorry Scruff, you have really got my goat.

As a landlady who has just come here from the UK having had to close our pub because of folk who think they are being overcharged and choose to buy cheap at Tesco and stay home

But, No cost to opening an Efes....! How did it get to your premises, Delivered?...you paid for that. Went and picked it up from the wholesaler?..you paid for that petrol, who pays for the electric to keep your Efes cold, who pays the guy to polish your glass and bring it to your table, and the leccy for the dishwasher to clean your glass for you??

Who pays the leccy for the heat/aircon to keep you comfortable whilst you drink your beer!

As for UK supermarkets selling cheap..they dont.... they sell it as a loss leader to get folk to come and buy all the stuff that goes with the beer. Other alcohol, food, right down to your garden furniture, barbeques and your big flat screen TV. The world is ONE BIG MARKETING PLAN!!!!

Phew! Nothing personal matey.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 74 in Discussion

Well I think that Mindy's post has actually been good for 15s because I probably wouldn't be that bothered about having a good burger (although I do like a homemade one occasionally) but I do love soup and Simon's descriptions have really whetted my appetite so I will definitely being making a visit at some point.

Good luck to all you hardworking landlords/ladies, I salute you.

Vidal

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 74 in Discussion

And for all you guys back in the UK...get out there this weekend and support your local pub. Use it or loose it I think they say.

eager

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 74 in Discussion

Think Mindy should be give the soup for free after all this advertising !!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 74 in Discussion

Hi Vidal,

Sorry to hear about you..."having had to close our pub because of folk who think they are being overcharged and choose to buy cheap at Tesco and stay home".

Not your fault, but folk are being overcharged in pubs in the UK largely due to excessive taxation/duty and greedy breweries. That, coupled with drink/driving laws has caused the decline in UK pubs.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 74 in Discussion

Vidal,

I think that scruff's real complaint was that a '5 Star' joint where you expect to pay top prices for the food, because of the experience and expertise of the Chef, can't justify 5 Star prices for an Efes, because there is no 'advanced level of skill' required to open an Efes in a 5 Star place, compared to your local bar.

He did say "There is no cost in opening a bottle of Efes" - when what would have been more to the point was "There is not much EXTRA cost in opening a bottle of Efes in one establishment, compared to another".

Of course, there ARE differences in overheads, but the differences relating to the opening of a bottle of Efes do not justify charging double, (or even more!) than another bar.

As you rightly say, if you want to go out and enjoy convivial company, you pay the price - and I don't think that anyone who does that begrudges the the landlord his fair profit.

But there IS such a thing as extortion!

Anyway folks, as Vidal says "Use it, or Lose it!

Vidal

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 74 in Discussion

Spot on TRNCVaughan..and the smoking ban of course.

Having said that, the day we closed, the pub over the road put his beer up 3p a pint, knowing full well the locals now had nowhere else to go unless they got in the car or taxi and go into town.

Now thats naughty!

Mindy

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 74 in Discussion

Who would have thought a bowl of soup would have resulted in all this.

I have just read through the posts, a very good debate has been had by all.

I wish '15' Restaurant well in their business, they have had a very good plug on here.

I will be in for my advertising fee soon LOL

P.S. Burgers sound great

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 74 in Discussion

Wow, the soups sound good. I know where I will be frequenting when the winter out here really sets in.

AJ

everon

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 74 in Discussion

it certainly "stirred" up some "souper" threads

scruff

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 74 in Discussion

Hi Vidal

I accept some of what you say, but if you read my post again, the references to UK. Supermarkets were related to food etc. in general terms & not to the lower cost of beer. Please read my posting again. I was making a point about low mark up = equals lots of customers. Small profit from each customer but large volume of customers = big profits for Supermarkets. I know people don't want to hear this but it's a fact of life & has lead to much lower food prices in the UK.

Keith thanks for making my point clearer about the disparity between prices for an Efes in one location as opposed to another. Restaurants all over the world use the drink prices to make the money. It may be a fact that mark ups are high but it doesn't make it right IMHO.

Vidal

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 74 in Discussion

Message 49

Hi Scruff.

'Surely it would make more sense to reduce the price & sell more beer. This is how the large supermarkets have done it in the UK.' ..read this and thought you were talking about beer. Sorry.

Anyway it made for an excellent thread and a good 'ol bit of banter without disintegrating into anything else.

Good stuff.

scruff

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 74 in Discussion

At least I've introduced another argument in to the debate about prices. I'm happy to continue the discussion later.

I feel truly sorry for UK. publicans . The final straw has been the total ban on smoking. IMO this has been the last nail in the coffin for the pub trade. Sorry to say that unless the Government here rethink the ban & modify the rules somewhat, to allow restaurants with separate smoking areas to continue to allow adult smokers to kill themselves should they wish, then the same will happen in the TRNC as has happened in the UK. These establishments will lose trade in the winter period & be forced to close down.

Don't take my word for this. I was talking to a non smoking (he's an ex-smoker btw) restaurant owner the other night who is very worried because the vast majority of his customers especially TCs, are smokers.

Now I'm waiting for the anti-smoking lobby for fight back & take this thread completely off course!!

rupertb

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 74 in Discussion

Wow. Great stuff.

I have been an avid reader of Cyprus 44 for quite some time but feel now is the time to get involved.

Msg 2 Not your intention but this did invite negative comments, but, on a positive was quickly turned around. mainly due to msg 13.

I have eaten at 15's several months ago. None of our group had the burgers, but the food we did have was fabulous and certainly not overpriced. I will return when in the vicinity for one of these burgers.

Its good to see so many of you supporting this restaurant and with strong opinions in some cases, but, guys it makes for great reading. Lets keep up the support as I too know how hard it is to run a business on this island. We have certainly seen enough ex pats fail and return back to Blighty.

Until next time.

scruff

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 74 in Discussion

I wish 15's well.

Just one more point. Some may remember Rafters in Ozankoy back when Geraldine & Werner ran it. Restaurants here struggled in the winter & many didn't survive. There was a much smaller number of expats here back in 2002 than now. i mean living here in the winter. Geraldine & Werner priced sensibly, intriduced lower priced "winter warmers" & attracted the few "locals" living here & were ALWAYS FULL as a result in winter & summer. They also didn't take this piss with the price of drinks. They got it right so others can too.

They are now enjoying a well earned & happy retirement after many years os great service.

On the subject of wholesale. I know there are importers here for say Australian wines. Do they not sell to the Supermarkets at wholesale prices? If so why won't they sell to the restaurants in this way? Efes do sell at wholesale. Okay there may not be much reduction but draught Efes does not cost as much as bottled.

lizmark

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 74 in Discussion

Can anyone give me directions to 15's please, my boys are desperate for a burger. We are new to Cyprus and live in upper kyrenia. Can we get there on public transport?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 74 in Discussion

Jump on a dolmus on the main road heading West towards Alsancak and Lapta and you will find the restaurant on the left-hand side about 12km out.

goldfinch

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 74 in Discussion

mindy for president free soup fags beer gets my vote

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 53. Efes does supply but you cant have draught unless you sell so much that its not viable.=They are actually the most un reliable company on the planet you order and wait weeks. Its a nightmare. No 30 days payment system here. As a deli /restaurant we cant warrent draught. We order 4 cases a wek and be lucky if they turn up xxx

TopTen

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 74 in Discussion

Been today for their burger and all that as been said on the positive side is true they are great,home made from sirloin steak please try if you like proper burgers, not the big mac crap and the owners are really nice people we shall use it again and again

baldeagle

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 74 in Discussion

I have just been told that since this thread started the owners have changed the name to mac15s and put a statue of a clown outside due to popular demand of burgers. lol

Sazna

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 74 in Discussion

Can anyone please tell me where 15 is.

Thank you

scruff

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 74 in Discussion

Unfortunately, for me, 15's seems to be between Alsancak & Lapta. This would be a 45min to 1 hr. drive for me, depending on the traffic.

TopTen

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 74 in Discussion

Sazna - if you are coming from Girne it is on the main road in Alsancak past the golden lady statue and it's about 100 yards down on left hand side, it is the old Chapter One but much improved and they don't only do burgers

Mindy

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 74 in Discussion

If you are coming from Girne direction go towards Alsancak past Severner Restaurant on your left and golden lady statue keep going 15's is on left on a row of shops just before Rivada fish and chips.

scruff

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 74 in Discussion

TopTen. What else is on the menu? I might try it in the evening.

snakes

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 74 in Discussion

good luck 15's hope you enjoy success and continue to prosper in a place that kills you before you start breathing ! will be there for your burger next week but hope guido open to see me ole mates lilli and guido ! thats if i survive the rain today Blimey !!!!

jinyx

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 74 in Discussion

Because of the comments made on here, we went at lunchtime today to 15s and , yes , I had the burger, and my wife had the french onion soup, and results as follows!. We were greeted by a lovely girl and simon who made us feel welcome. My wife throughly enjoyed the french onion soup, which came in a large bowl served with two big chunks of bread ( small moan "no butter"), enough to soak up the delicious morsels at the bottom of the bowl. With running a restaurant for many a year in the uk, and having to jump in ,when various "jumped up" chefs have jumped out on a busy saturday night, (usually through downing the drink, meant for the food), She is actually a very dab hand at F.O. soup , and said it was worth every one of the 10 lira we paid. The burger was indeed, home made, tasty, and well presented, and again worth every penny (or lira). Proper F.O. soup is made over 24 hours till ready to give it that unique taste, and this wasn't far off the top mark.

Yours

Simons Mum & dad

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 74 in Discussion

Wish I hadn't had my dinner already.......I'll be going for a 10tl soup and another time for a burger for sure! Good luck guys, sounds like you're doing it right so far.

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 74 in Discussion

Snakes my lovely Im going to UK tuesday for a week. I would love to see you and the Mrs. I hope we do before xmas. To 15 I love french onion soup. Today had pumkin and ginger soup. Msay have to sneak over to try. Just wish you did not have the same day off as us as I would love to try you xxxx

Tuttut

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 74 in Discussion

I have eaten at 15's and every time i have had an excellent meal. It has always been good portion. ive had the burger, steak, veg lasanga, Salmon, my son has has the spag bol and hubby well what hasnt he had!!!There has never been a complaint about the food.

As people now its hard to run a business here especially a new one, I dont think its all about the food but its also to do with the staff, atmosphere and how welcome people make you feel. For me 15's do cover it all, the owners are very friendly and will spend time with you, the bar staff are also very friendly and nothing is to much for them, she is very friendly and everso polite.

I would highly recommend anyone to go to 15's and try for yourself.

GOOD LUCK 15's

TinLondon

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 74 in Discussion

I started to read this thread but gave up halfway through... I just wanted to know how much a burger would cost with my £4 soup at 15's??

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 74 in Discussion

Vaughan

Message 43:

' Not your fault, but folk are being overcharged in pubs in the UK largely due to excessive taxation/duty and greedy breweries.'

There some pub chains that have a very good business model and are still doing well despite the recession, for example JD Wetherspoons (in its various guises).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/city-news/2009/12/02/pubs-giant-jd-wetherspoon-to-hire-10-000-staff-115875-21866968/

AJ

Mindy

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 74 in Discussion

Tinlondon

I will help 15's again

I believe a burger with Chips and side salad is 14 tl but is made with sirloin, no rubbish ingredients.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 74 in Discussion

TinLondon,

And by all accounts, you would be hard pressed to eat a burger AND the soup, as the soup is 'A large bowl, freshly made, with fresh ingredients, served with one or two large chunks of bread' - "A meal in itself"...

- And NO, I'm not taking the piss, but I am having a little light-hearted fun

TinLondon

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 74 in Discussion

Thanks guys.... that doesn't sound too bad and I will be sure to try one when i'm over next. I've just had a burger and chunky chips at the Goumet Burger Company in London and paid £10 for it.... but it was one of the best I've had ( http://www.gbk.co.uk )! I guess, this just shows you can't please everyone, I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" so if the burgers really are home made with steak mince then 14tl is very reasonable.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.