North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wanted Unwanted gifts for Children
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wanted Unwanted gifts for Children

Wanted Unwanted gifts for Children

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

valarius

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Kibris Line Dance Society are helping Karakum School for the under privileged by giving clothes and food etc to help them. On December 17th we have invited the Teachers to bring some of the Children to our class at the La Vista so we can dance for them and try to get them involved. Also to present them with Hampers of Food. We would also like to give them a little gift of something. If anyone out there has any soft toys they don't want in good condition and would like to donate them to us the Kibris Liners, we will give each child one on December 17th when they come to see us. Anything can be delivered to The La Vista Restaurant C/o of Kibris Liners before the 17th December. It is at Alsancak and situated down the Deniz Kizi road.

Thank you in anticipation

lulubell

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

hi valarius, what are the ages of the children, please let me know and will try to sort some things out for you. also how many children.

valarius

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Hi lulubell

Children agai from 2 to 18years old. Three are girls 13,11,9, rest boys. On the 17th there will be about 15 children are being brought to us so we can dance for them. and 7 helpers. I just wish I could find myself round this site quickly i really haven't a clue.

Thanks anyway.

Pogle

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Valarius

I will see what I can find for you.Can you let us all know a bit more about the school as I for one haven't heard anything about it. The folk on here are hugely generous, I am sure you will get many offers, people can pick up a toy, bit of bling for the girls from Mr pound for 4TL. What kind of things are you looking for to put in the food hampers?

Good luck. Mel

valarius

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Pogle

Karakum School for under privileged Children is based at karakum. There are about 16 to 17 of them and they range from 2 to 18. three are girls aged as you can see above. They are not only under priviledged but are also mal ajusted, Downs, Autistic, Cephaletic etc. They are from very poor families. They go to the school every day from 8am to 1pm and at lunch time very often only get a piece of bread to eat. So the food we give are cans of soup etc. Flour, Anything really that the staff can help to make a small lunch for the children. On 17th December we are going to dance for them and present them with what we have collected so far about 4 large boxes. made into hampers. we want to give them a little gift each and we though Cuddly toys would be good so they can not hurt them selves or each other. We collect clothes and shoes for them. and KAR Shop is very good they let us take bags of Childrens clothes for free. It is the bigger children we need help for.

valarius

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Everyone. The amount of Children coming to watch us dance has risen from 15 to 30 plus 11 helpers. We really need your help out there with unwanted toys, Cuddly toys etc. If you want them to be collected we will come and get them or you can deliver to The La Vista restaurant opposite the Deniz Kizy Hotel Alsancak or phone me 0542 883 4422 urgent.

Thanks

Lilli

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

I have a black bag waiting for you but Im not back until 16th dec. I will find a way to get them to you. However I am more saddened about the food. Do you go with cans of soup do these children want that. My youngest grandson is autistic and I have to give him what he wants. Wont the restaurants around help. I will willing make them lasange soup whatever if they will eat it. Are they all turkish children. Val please let me know if we can help you to feed them. I cant and wont see a child or animal suffer and will do what i can . I am doing the SOS with Teresa at the moment for presents. I have enough room in my heart for your appeal xxx

Lilli

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Val I have to ask and please forgive me are these teachers qualified to help these children. Many kids in the situations you described could be alllergic to wheat and being feed bread alone. Do they have a true diagonis. Where do these children come from that the families cant get help. I know the big charity event Any put on last year was for these children and they get bread. I cant accept this. You are doing what you can to help them but who else is x

valarius

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Lilli. Thanks for what you have said I wish everyone felt like this. We very much appreciate what you are trying to do. Our Hampers for them have everything in them from Flour, Pasta, Soup corn beef anything people want to give. I must admit i havent asked the Head man if any of them are allegic to stuff. We have been here a long time now and i do know that these children have only really recently come out in to the open. they used to be hidden away because it was a stigma. there is no help over here for them, In UK anyone with a child like this gets lots of help over here they get nothing, they come from very poor families. if you can make it to La Vista on the Thursday 17th december you would be very welcome then you can see first hand what they are like. We aim to get there about 10am. I used to work with these sort of people and they were treated well but that was UK. They do there best here but it is up to us to do more.

taraspring

Message Posted:
07/12/2009 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

If Lilli can carry some small teddies/stuffed toys back , I would be so happy to send presents for the children.

She has gone now, and I know she is up early in the morning. I will be seeing her on Thursday in the UK, but will be speaking to her beforehand.

I am aware of the stigma in NC, and these children have been hidden from the public eye thus far.

They need all the help they can get, so fellow members if you can dig deep into your pockets/buy extra shopping this week and get it to the Karakum School via their co-ordinators/the charity, you will be helping these children so much. Who, in this day and age, can think of a child going to bed with an empty stomach?

It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Tx

taraspring

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Back to the top please

Tx

barbaros

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Val

What a wonderful gesture.

The wife is going into Girne today to get you some gifts.

Will get them to the La ista before next week.

Well done

valarius

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Hi everyone. we as Kibris Line Dance Society thank each and every one of you who are going to help us make the Children Feel better. They are really happy Children but very poor. When we take clothes to them they are so happy and we help fit them on to them over other layers of clothing as they get shy. But it is lovely to see that just by helping them with bits it makes there life so much better. if anyone who has answered me on here wishes to join us on the 17th december at La Vista Alsancak, opposite the Deniz Kizi Hotel 10am We will be very glad to see you all. going off the subject if any one wants to come to our Christmas Social this friday 11th december at the La Vista. 6.30pm for 7pm come along but let me know first cost is 25ytl for the food, that gives you a raffle ticket as well for a complete service on your car should you win. There is also a huge raffle of over 55 prizes most of the proceeds are going to the School for Children. Thank you all

barbaros

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

BTT

For a good cause

valarius

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Hi all have told the Boss at La Vista that stuff will be arriving hopefully and he is telling his family who are there all the time to expect stuff. He is putting a buffett on with someone serving it on Dec 17th for the children. Should really be a lovely day for them or Morning should i say. They are a lovely family who own La Vista.

valarius

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Again Everyone. Only 5 days to go to the concert we are giving the karakum School of Special needs. Where are all the gifts we have been told we will get. unwanted Toys. i have 21 and need another 9 then they can all take away a cuddly toy. It is in a very good cause. we now have three hampers to present to them. You can drop stuff off at the La Vista Restaurant Alsancak opposit Deniz Kizi Hotel. before then. they know all about it.

Hope to recieve stuff soon. Tonight we have 56 raffle prizes at our Christmas social prceeds go to the school.

Lilli

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Val I am back now and will drop off the toys xx Well done and have a lovely day. I will try to get to see you work permiting xxx

valarius

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Lilli Thought you had forgotten us. hope your trip went ok. We had a fantastic day on the 17th December. we had 30 children there, 15 from Girne and 15 from lefkosa. They were all given a toy and sweets and three hugh hampers were given to them. Are you at Quido? Email me if you want to because I don't often get onto this site.

Lilli

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

i AM so very sorry Val . I hope you got my apology. Im at the restaurant each day from 11am til 3 then from 6.30 onwards. will email you xxxx

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.