North Cyprus Tourist Board - yigor property/nci
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > yigor property/nci

yigor property/nci

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

trevor

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

With all the bad reports i have been reading lately about estate agents, builders and solicitors i think i ought to let people know about who i have dealt with. I have purchased a property on the Chelsey Village site at Arapkoy from Yigor-Property and in no way can i fault anything at all, the site, the builds the people i have dealt with face to face on site, the people i have dealt with on the phone in the UK office with special thanks to Juliana, the only small problem i had was dealt with over the phone and a conclusion reached in under an hour. The Estate agents i went over and bought through were North Cyprus International,again from the agent (Sol) to UK office, everything 100% from them all, even no problems with the NCI solicitor. So you see there are reputable people dealing in TRNC and things can go right. I would highly recommend the site, builders, Estate agents even the solicitor. I hope this has given hope to some doubters. Can,t wait to get back in October and see the finished article.

Bradus

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

I would agree with you that there are more success stories than failures and its good to hear from those with positive experiences. HOWEVER, your property is at a stage where you have not completed and will not be seeing the finished article until October. Having been a frequent poster and reader of this and other forums regarding property purchase in the TRNC, I have come to realise that most property problems occur at the end of the build. Its then you are asked for large sums of money for electricity and water connection and other extras that did not form part of your contract. Its then the builder wants you to pay his tax. Its then the builder will not give you the title deeds. Luckily these are experienced by the minority rather than the majority of buyers because most builders are reputable and honest. The problem lies with only a few TRNC builders. One of the reasons that these builders have been able to swindle money from buyers time and time again is because people post recommendations and positive accounts long before things go wrong. Look back at some of the threads and you will see what I mean. Only a suggestion but before people act on any recommendations it would be sensible to ask the question have you fully completed before taking for granted that "this is a good builder, solicitor, estate agent" I am really glad you are having such a good experience Trevor and I'm sure all will turn out well. Recommending after all is settled though, would mean that people buying are more likely to make better, safer choices.

Kind regards

Sue

trevor

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Sue, you are probably right, but please read the other threads about the Chelsey Village and they too are of the same frame about the build,not one negative comment AS YET. As for their estate agents i do not know about, i can only comment on my experience. Sometimes it seems that people are all too ready to complain about thinggs but generally do not give praise when its due. At this moment in time my pot is half full not empty. i hope i don,t get shot down, just letting people know of my experience. I also forgot to mention Aigerim of Yigor-Property, also a great help with great respose times, god i,m at it again sorry.

Trevor

slimboy62

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Hi All

We too bought through North Cyprus International (Sol) and decided on Turtle Bay Village - I have to say we are 100% happy with the way we were treated by Sol and Jamie back in London - truly happy with solicitor and whole process was very easy and straight forward in fact our apartment was finished three months early. Would not hesitate in recommending both NCI and solicitor.

Bradus

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Trevor,

I agree, you certainly do hear more about the negative experiences than the positive ones. I too have only good things to say about my builder and solicitor, however I am mindful that many highly recommended builders, that I nearly purchased from, would have lead to the loss of substantial amounts of money or hugh delays in completion. In hindsight I would have made a terrible choice based on some, perhaps premature recommendations. What is needed is a long list of recommendations from people who have been through the whole process. This would give people much more reassurance, especially as you have mentioned there are lots of complaints and horror stories that make buying an anxious time or worse still, put people off altogether. I also think its good to hear that people have received their title deeds and permission to purchase as again we only hear about the ones that haven't got them or are having difficulty getting them. Must be loads of people that could blog about this but sadly most recommendations are from people in fairly early stages of the build. Happy to hear that your experience has been good so far, Chelsey Village looks stunning, and I bet you can't wait until you can stay there? Exciting times ahead.

all the best

Sue

Glengoyne

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

We were over at Chelsey Village last week and took possession of our keys and actually stayed in our apartment. Everything is looking good with only a few minor snagging items. Looking forward to the site being complete so that we can really appreciate the views. Hope the rest goes as smoothly re. permission to purchase and title deeds. Time will tell.

Mick the Fish

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Chelsey Village

A Residents Association has been formed at Chelsey Village. Owners are urged

to contact me at mdrewett@hotmail.com for further information.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Trevor,

Delighted to hear of your very positive experience. Good luck to you!

As a generalisation however, I would urge any potential buyers to heed the words of Bradus.

So often we read on these boards of people posting complimentary reports of their builders,

only to find a few weeks later things have turned sour for them. It is the nature of things that once the developer has had most of your staged payments, then reality steps in .He still has the majority of his build costs to pay also his taxes, and connection charges. It is at this point that "the cracks appear" in his relationship with you. We see it time and time again.

Then we have a problem of over trading. If a developer has enjoyed some early day success, then invariably they have to sell more and more properties, to keep up with cash flow requirements. All it takes is a lull in the market, and they are in trouble.

Of course there are success stories, and so there should be, but sadly as these boards so regularly relate, there are still plenty of disasters.

There is also evidence of Developers "ramping" their own Companies and getting friends to make false claims over their Companies performance, on these sites.

If you are thinking of buying, follow STRICTLY the advise given on The HPBG site, and it would be wise to heed the point made by Bradus.

Good luck to you all.

wynyardman

trevor

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Tried the address forthe residents association, it is not known

jmg171

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

I have sent you an e-mail trevor

jmg

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.