North Cyprus Tourist Board - hoping to retire to Northern cyprus in 2009
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > hoping to retire to Northern cyprus in 2009

hoping to retire to Northern cyprus in 2009

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

litzy

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi,

If anyone has actually moved to North Cyprus permanently I'd love to hear from you. I need reassurance that the whole process is reletivley simple and that checking the Title deeds is carried out thoroughly. Where would you recommend to live that is quiet yet not completley remote? It's just my husband and myself that would be living in North Cyprus.

Cheers

Litzy

the butler

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi litzy,

Welcome to the forum, If you are looking for somewhere quiet and peacefull, I recommend you take a look around Esentepe and Tatlisu. Stunning scenery both sea and mountain views. Esentepe village has quite a few shops and restaurants but if there are 6 cars in the square it is crowded. Another place to look is Bogaz, not as green but certainly worth a look. I personally wouldn't look west of Kyrenia unless you like Blackpool but that is only my opinion and others will disagree. I think you should come over for a holiday and have a good look around and if you find a place you like, rent somewhere for 6 months to see if you settle. There are plenty of places to rent and also to buy, take your time and you could get a bargain. Choose your developer carefully and also your lawyer. Visit the Homebuyers Pressure Groups website where you will find lots of useful information.

The Butlers Wife

The Wizard

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Litzy,

Yes I will have to disagree with The Butlers Wife opinion of the west side of Girne, which are the villages of Zeytinlik, Karaoglanoglu, Edremit, Karmi, Alsancak, Ilgaz, Yesiltepe, Malatya, Lapta, Karsiyaka not much like Blackpool this side is where many of the original pre and post 1974 Brits live, a mixed bunch of retired Police, Armed Forces, Lawyers, Judges, Criminals, Dustman ............, the infrastructure for all services and amenities are in place. There are a small number of good - excellent estate agents and the same goes for the solicitors, I am sure you will have threads galore as to which ones to go to, although if you look at previous threads you will get a very good idea of which one to avoid!! The East side the villages of Dogankoy, Karakum, Ozankoy, Catalkoy are very similar to the west side villages, when you go furthe East Esentepe, Bahceli, Tatlisu the mountain range is a lot further back from the coast line and developments have and are springing up all the time, for a short term investment "a quick flip" to make a good profit then I would sincerely recommend this area, but as a long term residential property the future 5 - 10 years from now you will find the area has been transformed into the tourist/package holiday capital of the North which is not ideal if you are looking to retire in peace and tranquility.

greenman

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi litzy. If you are looking for a 'relatively simple' house purchase then North Cyprus is not for you. If you are willing to take a risk, then it's worth considering, however, my advice would be to rent a property initially and get to know the place before you make any financial investment. There is an invaluable web site at http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/index.html

greenman

denali2007

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Good advice given above. The buying process can be fraught with problems so do your homework. It is definitely adviseable to have a good look round - have a holiday first and then perhaps a longer stay in the area of your choice. There are plenty of rentals to be had,(including mine) and the area east of Girne is definitely quieter than the West side.

Good luck - I wish I could do it and get away from the treadmill and relentless pace of life in the UK, but I need to be where my family are, and for various reasons they could not come too.

Linus

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Litzy

I dont live in North Cyprus but have recently purchased with a view to spending quite a bit of time there over the coming years. I agree the purchase process is not that simple but if you do plenty of research you should be OK . I opted for a Turkish Title property which is as safe as you can buy but you do pay a premium as there are a limited number of these properties around. Having said that though still much cheaper than almost any other European country. Again it depends o the level of risk you are prepared to take. We purchased in Guzelyurt which is currently not touristy at all, much quieter but beautiful

Good luck with your purchase

Regards

Linus

jakki

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Litzy -

Our first visit to NC was last July (a whirlwind visit) and we fell in love with it - we are purchasing at Sweetwater Bay, Tatilsu (transfer land) - it is quite lovely, but as the Butler's Wife says and she's right that if someone on our first visit took us west of Kyrenia we would have bolted back to the UK without hesitation, horses for courses the west is not for us but you may like it.

Cheers!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.