North Cyprus Tourist Board - some advice for folk who use facebook and have been hacked
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > some advice for folk who use facebook and have been hacked

some advice for folk who use facebook and have been hacked

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

make sure you change any other online accounts that use the same password, cos ur leaving yourself wide open otherwise. also, make sure you check your holiday message isn't on (that's probably another source of the ad as well as their sending the email to everyone in your address book), plus check whether facebook has linked itself to your msn network (check your settings and take it off). this happened to me automatically, i certainly didn't set it up! if i were u, i would set up a new hotmail account that's not linked to arsebook and start using that instead for friends. in the end, the only way i could retrieve my email addresses was to trawl thru all of my emails and copy and paste the addresses in to my new account. i also told hotmail about the problem. there was nothing they could do, but they gave me lots of advice and put a mark on my account. finally, i got rid of all but my oldest and favourite applications and re-checked (and tightened) my application security settings on??

smithy

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

thats one of the reasons I only use face book very rarely because of hackers, you have to be so careful,

sorry you lost all your contacts thats a bumma when that happens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.