North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thinking of putting down a deposit today any advice.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thinking of putting down a deposit today any advice.

Thinking of putting down a deposit today any advice.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

BckBlue

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

I am cosidering purchasing a 2 bed apt today on the Thalassa resort does anyone have any advice to offer or any solicitor they would reccomend.

Greatful for any advice at all, thanks in advance.

borodave

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

try living in a appartment befor you buy my mate has a villa and bought an appartment as a investment i have just had a week there it was very noisey. people up and down stairs people above walking about movig furniture going to the toilet. it was a boray development in lemon grove also with appartments going cheap a lot of locals bought there so no room round the pool on weekends

Tiggy

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Make sure you are on the top floor as concrete constructions have a tendancy to let noise travel. Majority of appts are for letting and you never know who will be there from week to week. ( had appt in Lanzarote) Better off in a small villa.

Good luck.

rtddci

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Lee

Best advice is, don't. Not a good time to buy. Too many negatives to mention. Just read a few of the (many, many) threads on this and other forums/websites i.e. http://www.hbpg-trnc.com

albie

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

I think people are being unnecessarily negative. The apartments at Thalassa are selling well - I have bought one and although I have not lived in an aprtment before I have stayed in many on holiday and have never had any of the problems mentioned. Also, Thalassa is the upper end of the market so I would go for it.

BckBlue

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Albie could I ask who you dealt with and have things run smoothly for you so far?

I have the weekend to mull things over so the more info I can pick up the better.

Turtle

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Buy a completed property.

Off plan is a nightmare in NC.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Caveat Emptor.

If you must, follow strictly the advise on the HPBG site.

Good luck,

wynyardman

newlad

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Good advice my man,

pessimitic Paul here.My advice bckblue would be to be a little bit more open with your post.Dont just dive in mate.You certainly have much longer then the wekend to mull things over.Have you been on holiday in n.c.,how much time have you spent on the island.Its a buyers market and there are bargains out there and deals to be done.

Regards,

Paul.

BckBlue

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Paul.

I know I have as much time as I want in principal to purchase. I have been to Southern Cyprus 3 times recently I have not as yet ventured into the TRNC Pomos was as close as I got.

There is a big diffrence in prices between North and South as I am sure you are well aware.

More for your money is what is tempting me North but I also want the 100% bona fide pre 74 title before parting with any cash.

The Thalassa Resort appears top end with a premium to boot certainly but I am led to believe all pre 74 titles come at a premium.

Thanks for the reply and advice though.

albie

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Hi again BckBlue,

I am probably not a good example as I have bought a Thalassa apartment and I have never been to either southern or northern cyprus. I have looked at it quite extensively, however and it was the Savills connection that sold it for me and the beautiful coastline and countryside. My view is that if Savills are involved it has got a better chance than most to come to fruition (I could be being niave) At the moment everything appears to be going to schedule - I was given a 1st April 2008 start date and they have been pretty much on schedule. I hesitate to give the name of the solicitor in case that part all goes pear shaped although at the moment it is going OK - need a little chasing but no more than solicitors in the UK. I used one of the names given to me by Savills. Buying any property abroad appears to have an element of risk - not that I have done it before - but this is such a big development that I cannot see it being allowed to fall apart. Just my views and no doubt others will think otherwise. I always have seen the bottle as half full rather than half empty.

The Wizard

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

1. A copy of the original title deed.

2. A copy of the original land registry site plan.

3. A copy of the original permission to build permit.

4. A copy of the original site plan to include swimming pools if included and a North reading.

5. A copy of the original floor plans to include M²

6. 3 – 5 quality graphic images of the property or 3 – 5 quality photographs of a completed property.

7. A full list of the technical specifications for the property.

8. The total land and property M²

9. Payment plan

10. Developer/builders company documents.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Hakki Onen , Famagusta , very respectable gentleman, reccommened.

onenlaw@kktc.net

Linus

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

I spent 12 months researching North Cyprus and was not happy with any title deed other than freehold turkish title. I visited NC twice before making my purchse earlier this year. I went for a completed penthouse duplex apt at the Aphrodite site in Guzelyurt. Great location on the beach. I did look at Thallasa but there is definitely a premium to pay for the Savilles name and also some considerable time before completion as it is late starting

Good luck with your purchase.

Linus

pilgrim

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

New Villas International only build on pre74 turkish title.

britmale

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

My advice is make sure you get some concrete assurance as to what the size of your apartment is. I'm buying a two bed penthouse apartment that was advertised as being 85 sq.m in size. I was then told this was being increased by 12 %. When i asked for an updated plan i was sent one in which the dimensions including the terrace added up to 67 sq.m. When i queried this i was told that the actual size would be 79 sq.m inclusive of the terrace which is 6 sq.m short of what i agreed to buy. The people at Savills were very nice but the outcome is,is that my apartment has shrunk from 85 to 79 sq.m and the information supplied to me was just not true. I complained,they agreed to change their sales literature to reflect what people were actually getting but it's a bit too late in the day for me.

maggie

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

If you are looking for an apartment, Fikri Terkan are a very reputable builder. There apartments are very big and at a good price. Any more details email Margaret.Hushon@Kier.co.uk

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

BckBlue,

Thalassa is a great resort, by an extremely reputable and well established company - Isreali's who know how to do business properly, and can offer better quality and better service - they built Turtle Bay and Savyon Village and mostly everyone I have spoken to is well pleased. They are more trustworthy than most.

You can listen to what people have to say about NOT buying here at the mo, but given time it is a great capital growth investment - Bafra is going to take another 3-4 years to come to fruition in terms of being the most touristic part of the island, and given that the developer know how to do the 'resort' environment, you should see some great returns in the future. Someone says don't buy off plan, but you need not worry with this company, as their reputation is good and they are here for the long term.

lynnw

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

IF YOUR STILL LOOKING WE HAVE A COMPLETED 2 BED APARTMENT ON THE NEW CHELSEY VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT HAS A GOOD REP AND WE ARE SELLING IT FURNISHED FOR 50,000. IT IS A FREEHOLD PROPERTY.

WE CAN COME OVER TO THE NORTH IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A LOOK VERY GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY AND A GOOD INVESTMENT FOR THE FUTURE. FINANCES AND WORK HAVE FORCED US TO PUT THE APARTMENT ON THE MARKET.

EMAIL ME IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HAVING A LOOK

LYNNWALKER@CYTANET.COM.CY

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.