North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electric meters
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electric meters

Electric meters

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

flossie

Message Posted:
23/05/2007 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Does anyone know what the current wait is for meters. We believe that our electric will be connected in the not too distant future and are hoping that we can get a meter in time to have some sort of holiday this year.

flossie

ttoli

Message Posted:
23/05/2007 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

i live on a site of 4 villas and all 4 go thru my meter!!!!, Kibtec are still waiting for a shipment so may be a few weeks, Not what you want to hear i know

flossie

Message Posted:
23/05/2007 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Hi,

I can live with a few weeks, it is a few months that I do not want to hear or that the next consignment is all spoken for!

Janet

shirl

Message Posted:
24/05/2007 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Flossie

I am also waiting for a meter to be fitted and were told it could be another two weeks my neighbour as been waiting since christmas for theirs ,

hope they get them soon as we have friends hoping to stay in the summer.

Shirl at Lapta

McSteviet

Message Posted:
24/05/2007 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Shirl, Flossie,

I note that you both have bought from Greatstone (from previous replies to my posts), are you both on the same site? with the same problem?

How long have you been waiting? and does that mean that you don't have electricity at all or running off "Temp". and if so how inconvienient do you find that?

Is the Electricity supply(meter) completly out of the developer's domain? Or can that be made a condition of sale in the contract that you sign?

Are you having similar problems with water? Does the developer get involved at all with getting these things sorted, or is it all down to the resident.

Sorry for the simple questions, but Electric & water are major issues, that we all need to understand.

I am looking at buying either in Lapta, that is supposed to have infrustructure already in place, or Esentepe, which everyone says is OK, but I know there are problems geting the infrastructure out there at the momant.

Any thoughts?

MC

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
24/05/2007 01:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

MC

I have just bought in lapta and yes the infrastructure is already in place.

I had it built in to the contract (on my agents recommendation) that the vendor brings the supply of water and electricity to the property at their expense including the transformer costs. I am responsible for paying the meter deposits and connection fees for the electricity which will not exceed £450.

I have no idea how long I will have to wait until connected to water and electricity. My agent said that in lapta it should be two weeks but hey, who knows

Hope this helps and does not confuse

flossie

Message Posted:
24/05/2007 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I must stress that there is no problem with Greatstone. Our house has only just been completed and therefore there has not been a great wait for electric. We do not pay the final instalment until electric is connected. Water is from a spring but of course will be powered by an electric pump.

The builder has paid ages ago for the electric installation so the delay is down to Kibtec, ditto the meters.

flossie

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Last October we was waiting for a meter to be fitted so we could move in when it was suggested visiting the place where the work is allocated. This is off of main road from Girne to Lapta, at the roundabout where the fountain is turn left then left again, there is a large yard and offices. Ask to speak to Mr Hassan tell him where you live and hopefully he will arrange within the next 2 days. I just wished I had not waited 10 days before I found out as we had to come home 2 days after the electric went on.

shirl

Message Posted:
06/06/2007 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

whats the latest on the electricity meters we are still waiting for them to arrive.

shirl at Lata

flossie

Message Posted:
07/06/2007 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

A little bird has told me that a large consignment of meters (5000) has recently arrived. I hope this info is accurate.

flossie

Oknala

Message Posted:
08/06/2007 02:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

We have no trouble with electricity meters, apart from the fact they are a little bit too efficient for my liking, ie bill arrives dead on time...

shirl

Message Posted:
16/06/2007 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Has anybody received their meter yet as i'm still waiting

Shirl at Lapta

shirl

Message Posted:
08/07/2007 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Anybody received their meters yet i'm still waiting got family going over in september

Shirl

pilgrim

Message Posted:
08/07/2007 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

In Bogas we had our meters fitted this year after two years of free electricity care of developer. Back to the real world and it hurts!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.