North Cyprus Tourist Board - easyjet £400 hand luggage rip off cont
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > easyjet £400 hand luggage rip off cont

easyjet £400 hand luggage rip off cont

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

scootex

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

lets see if this second part will post as I seem to keep getiig one of those messages saying web site cant connect . any way there I am with a sneering groud crew thinking she has me by the short and curlies shouting across the airport check in area you still have your wifes hand bag and your document case which I tell her is no problem luckily the wifes bag is soft leather type and mine is a sort of large camera case ,I empty the contents of both recepticles on the floor and then start stffing my pockets of the 2 fleece jackets and body warmer with all of the contents including the bags themselves .I now look like the michelin man in green, turning to the easyjet clerk I smugly ask is she happy now as I only have 2 carry on cases which comply with their rules very disapointed then agrees to book us in .The disadvantage to this that we now have a 15 minute walk to the departur gate which has to be completed in 5 as I had to carry bth cases I arrive at the security check soaked

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

The pleasures of flying to the dark side!

scootex

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

continued :-with sweat .we all Know that to get through one of those metal detector machines you have to be pretty well nearly stark naked ,so beep ,beep beep goes the machine ,would you mind stepping over here says security arms up legs apart you know the routine anyway I appologise for being soaking wet and start to explain about having to wear 3 coats and shirt while carrying 2 twenty kilo bags but before I can say all that he says Oh still raining out there sir I did,nt have the heart to tell him as he pads under my armpits that it is a bad case of sweating and not rain waterany way thank god no problems with the dreaded X ray machine so I start getting re -dressed in my green michelin outfit and start the trek to the gate which is obviously the furthest away and arrived in time .Now as a warning to all you other travellers do not be tempted to re fill your hand luggage so once again one member of ground staff wanted me to place the case in the rig as she thought it looked cont

scootex

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

cont rather big ( I immediatly checked my fly) but realised she mea'nt the case well it fitted all right up stairs I said none the less not wishing to create a scene and the fact that we had now mislaid our boarding cards so required their goodwill to write out another I dropped the case neatly in the test rig OK I said putting on my most charming smile Ya she says in broken english it is ok (probably croatian) any way after that we boarded got 2 good seats half way down the plane and set off for sunny cyprus . I noticed from my earlier posting that a few comments back seem to imply that any misfortune was my own and not the ground crew and I agree but having used the same case for the flight over and on another easyjet flight and numerous flights with Monarch I did not think there would be a problem the case was bought specifically as hand luggage IE dimensions of 55 X40 X20 as laid down by easy jet there is no weight limit with them but i never gave a thought to a pair

scootex

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

of piddling wheels and an extending handle would cause so many problems . As I said at the start of this bulletin generally easyjet is god value for money you do have the most legroom I have come across on these cheap flights but the food and drink is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination and the toasted sandwhich I had was more like warm bread with cold ham in the centre and melted cheese on the outside all for the price of £4.00 with a G&T at £5.80 I think they are one of the most expensive even their headphones are £4.00 £1.50 more than monarch .Still I have learnt my lesson and as I have still got another 5 flights with them over the coming months I will not risk that sort of problems again

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Phil - lovely story (not fun for you or the security man).

When the 5 flights are done why not try Pegasus at least they don't charge for the first bit of hold baggage? The rates are still good later in the year.

Tom

IAH Ltd

scootex

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Maz

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Just been taking a look at flights for next March, and I agree with Flight Holidays - go Pegasus. You don't get grub but you don't have to pay 22 euros up front for a piece of luggage by Easy jet. And you don't have to buy insurance, and you can book yourself the seat of your choice, AND AND AND, no extra travelling costs to Larnaca, and no bothering to cross the border, and the time saved is worth it.

Fly local, that's what I reckon.

At the moment Pegasus are the cheapest (looked at \CTA and it is a lot more). I have flown them the last three times, and in spite of shopping around I can't beat them

Strikes me that Easy Jet is far from easy.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Marie, Easyjet are a shower. Sadly I have little choice from Munich, Air Berlin having stopped their flights from there to Stansted.

My carryon with Easyjet seems to be fine from Munich and from Stansted, but not from Gatwick, it is too large so has to go as hold baggage!

Maz

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

I sympathise. I have a friend who comes here from Zurich, and as yet can't find any way of getting to Ercan.

Is there no way one can come from Munich to say, Istanbul? Is that not an option, and then there are cheap flights by Pegasus from there (or Atlas Jet!)

Oh for the day when embargoes are lifted and flights and access to northern Cyprus are easier.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Kaiserphil - contact me there are quite a few flights to Ercan from Germany and back

I could easily arrange to fly you tomorow return one week for GBP 242.00 including taxes and booking fee Munich to Ercan

MarieB Likewise for your friend for GBP 252.00 Zurich Ercan Zurich - Why dont you ask me on Skype?

Tom

info@flightholiday.co.uk

Checkmate

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 01:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Flightholiday could you please quote me a price from Amsterdam to Ecan return, in Feb 2010. Many thanks.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Tom, thanks, I can fly Turkish or Pegasus from Munich to Istanbul/Ercan.

My problem is getting to UK. BA etc are very expensive. Easyjet are generally cheap, before taxes, bags etc.

scootex

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Tom yes I know in some respects pegasus would be easier but they have this terrible habit of taking you to ercan but think your case should go to istanbul .I was just about to book 2 seats for this coming sunday for my son who's coming over to drive my car back to UK after it was confiscated by customs but that an other story anyway if you want to quote me for 2 seats stanstead ercan on the 13th lets see what you can do

Phil

flightholiday

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Msg 12 + 14 James & Phil many thanks for the requests.

I do not transact business on C44 (if nothing else it would be rude). Mainly as your business and securtiy is your private affair.

I do need the travellers names (as on the passport) as we always hold options then the price IAH quote is the real thing or we might as well lie* about a price to get you. *Many do!

I will be away from the desk for about an hour but if you could Skype or email me with details and a phone number for me to call I will respond ASAP.

Email and Skype button are on http://www.flightholiday.co.uk

scootex

Message Posted:
12/12/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks tom but am now fixed up with flights

flightholiday

Message Posted:
12/12/2009 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Scootex - thats great

John Checkmate - hope you are sorted as you jhave not emailed the details yet.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.