North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best area to buy in
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best area to buy in

Best area to buy in

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Turkeymishka

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi, we currently live in Kusadasi, Turkey and are thinking of re-locating to Northern Cyprus but are unsure on what areas to look at. We would like to live somewhere similar to Kusadasi, i.e. touristy not quiet and would welcome any help or advice you can offer. We are looking at coming there at the end of July to have a look around and see what is available and where.

the butler

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Turkeymishka,

I have spent some time in Kusadasi and I think your best bet would be Kyrenia or Famagusta. Everywhere else would be quiet in comparison. I think Kyrenia will have the buzz you are looking for but even that might be quieter in winter.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

The butlers wife

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

hi gloria

welcome to the forum

i also live in turkey marmaris which is not to far from you aswell as cyprus, if you are looking for the marina life like kusadasi then girne centre if for you but the only thing with that you are restricted to apartments, if you want it a bit queiter then i would say try the surrounding villiages to girne like, ozankoy, belapais, lapta, alsancak, karakum, catalkoy for up and coming places try esentepe, tatlisu where a new marina is being built and even arapkoy but these places are a bit further out and you will need transport

my fav place thou has to be famagusta which is very up and coming and is unspoilt and has its fair shar of tourisim during the summer and is still quite busy in the winter due to the uni life try the salamis iskele area and also the bogaz area these places you get a bit more for your money compared to girne

hope this helps and good luck

ukturk

p.s if you need a good estate agent i can put you in contact with a few just post me if you do

simbas

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

hi gloria , welcome to the forum , i would have to say iskele , but then i'm biased , we have a villa there , all of the north is beautiful , i'm sure you will have no trouble finding a beautiful home you and your family ,

good luck , simbas

elko2

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hey, if you wish to mingle with the locals your best bet is a house in Famagusta. My nice decided to sell her house which is Greek Cypriot pre 1974 and it is "Esdeger" which means it was given to them in exchange for their land in Larnaca. It is not on the market yet but she has asked me last night to contact some Estate Agents and take it from there. Any offers? It will save you 3% commission

ismet

Turkeymishka

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi and thank you all for your comments.

We will be coming over at the end of July and will have a look around at the areas you have mentioned.

My husband already has a 5 year residency for Turkey but will he have to apply for a different one if we lived in Northern Cyprus or can he still use the same one.

Also we have a car which we bought in Kusadasi but would we have to pay import duty to bring it over or can he just bring it without paying anything.

We brought our cat over from the UK to Kusadasi and obviously have all the necessary paperwork for her, again, can we bring her over to Northern Cyprus with no complications.

Sorry for all the questions but we just need to know some basics so that we can take everything into account.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Turkeymishka

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Answer to the car question is you cannot import LH Drive cars.

Law came in last year primarily because of the number of accidents caused when trying to overtake.

paulnicholas

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Turkeymiska,

Esentepe for me,

Ukturk Whats this i hear about a new marina being built ?

Best wishes Paul.

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

hi mishka

your husband cant use his residency visa from turkey in cyprus but if he has served his 5 years residency in turkey he can go for his dual nationality in turkey this will be much easier getting residency in cyprus not much red tape to go thru, bringing your cat from turkey to cyprus is much easier than bringing it from the u.k you dont have that much grief in paperwork but the cat still has to go thru quaritine but the duration is much shorter

you can bring you turkish registerd car into north cyprus but you cant keep it there you will have to take it back to turkey then bring it back, like cyprusishome said the law changed recently regarding importing turkish cars into cyprus not because of the accidents but beacause of the loop hole where people were coming over to turkey buying a cheaper car then taking it back to cyprus driving it for a bit then selling it on for a profit becasue there was no import tax to be paid on cars coming over from the mainland

i hope this all helps

regards

ukturk

Turkeymishka

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Thank you all for your posts, the information has been very helpful.

Cheers

Turkeymishka

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.