North Cyprus Tourist Board - Seaterra Access
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Seaterra Access

Seaterra Access

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read SeaTerra Esentepe North Cyprus property review

schnib

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Hi all - new member here. We have been accessing the forum for six months now and greatly appreciate all the advice available. We intend moving to TRNC in April 2009 and are in the process of purchasing property in Tatlisu. Thought you might be interested in a snippet of info we received yesterday. Its been suggested that the farmer has blocked access to the Seaterra development because the builders had not requested permission to go through his land. We have heard that they will need to find alternative access, but we are not sure where this will be - has anyone any further info on this?

ttoli

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

All affected parties have been made aware that the matter is in the hands of the courts at the moment.

lobylud

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Is this the Seaterra Marina developement?

It's taken the farmer a long time to discover this, it looks like the developements finished!

Chris

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

If its where I am thinking, it is, we drove onto the site 2 weeks ago to have a look around, and were faced with the blockage of earth and stones, though John being as he is in a four wheel drive, drove over it all to get out.

But the site does look finished

Chris

lobylud

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

I was over there at the end of March and went to have a look around but couldn't make the security gate open so gave up. It did look very quiet and deserted but as I say it was March.

Chris, you say you drove over the blockage to get out, did you have to drive over it to get in, just curious?

keith

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Think you will find it is sea terra bay and not the matina

Chris

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

I am not sure if it was sea terra bay or marina, we got in ok, but because we left by another route it was completely blocked in two directions by earth, I am not sure how we got it, but it was tortuous , we were looking at another site,John took a 'short cut' as he could see it in the distance and decided to look at what was there-dont think it was the proper way in, as the gates were padlocked shut, though there was a car outside one of the properties

Chris

keith

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

We are on the Marina and have been talking to people on the bay and it is the bay where the farmer blocked the road

lobylud

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

I've got a a place at Sweetwater Bay, Tatlisu which has Seaterra Marina to the right (looking out to sea), which we couldn't get in due to the locked gate and we also drove around Seaterra Bay just to be nosey. This is a few miles to the left of ours.

This site was also quiet (March) but looked about finished.

If the farmer has blocked the road how are the owners getting into their properties?

keith

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

They have to go round the back near the gym.glad to hear you could not get on the marina as this would have been a problem to us as we have 24 hour security on site and the only people who can get in are owners.

The Bay has only just be completed and not a lot of owners have been out there yet and some still have to do handover.Who is doing your maintance on sweetwaterbay and what is the price

cheers Keith

joandjelly

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

This is an issue that everyone thinking of buying off plan should think about. Just because you can currently drive across a field/down a track to reach a site does not mean that the developer/development has any right to that access. It is definitely something that you should question at the outset and confirm via your legal representative. There are many "finished" sites around that have been built in the middle of a field and if the surrounding land owners don't want to play ball they have every right not to. If you are a farmer struggling to make a living think how tempting it could be to sit back for a couple of years and watch a development grow then when it is all finished and sold you can almost name your price for access across your land.

I don't want to be a scaremonger but this is a very very important point.

lobylud

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Keith, the wire fence wouldn't exactly keep out Raffles or the local cat burglar but the electronic security gate kept us out in our car.

SWB isn't finished yet so we don't know what the maintenance charges are going to be.

It's just been announced that Rainbow Management Solutions Ltd are the management company for the first six months, no details as of yet.

A Residence Association is also being formed.

millzer

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Hmmm loby!! Rainbows and pots of gold.....nah, I won't go there!

jodoe

Message Posted:
24/06/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Sea Terra Bay is up and running with a variety of nationalities. Access is clearly marked and the problem with official access is being sorted.

The Bay has good managment company and is a lovely site kept clean and well planted the Sea Terra staff are on site for snagging and are ameniable.

The apartments are lovely and the views stunning. The swimming pools are cleaned and maintained. We could do with a tennis or squosh court.

We have bought on STB and consider it the best of their sites so far.

As to the access gate the guard will let you in he is in the gym office.

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

shame that both these developments remind me of Prisnor Cell Block H - nasty looking places, ruining the sea front scenery.

sonia2469

Message Posted:
27/06/2008 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Beg to differ, Seaterra have made a fantastic job of Bay and have added to the sea front scenery by making a lovely sandy cove which was previously a rubbish tip, this is cleaned every week by the management company and is a pleasant addition to the sea front.

Pipie

Message Posted:
27/06/2008 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Hot Hornet ,

Yes the complexes do look a little on the down side but when you go into the private gated complex then you see the fantastic gardens that are really coming on well for new complexes and the views are to die for . The one thing that Sea Terra got right was the location all of the complexes are just fab upmarket in fact . two of which are right on the sea front with unobstrusive views ,quaint little Marina , private beaches the finish of the complexes are of a high quality and they have a maintenence company who are on the end of the telephone if Owners need anything any time 24/7 , tell me where this is in situ on the island ? . They also have a fair maintenence payment where Owners are not ripped off like other complexes i can mention. Owners at Sea Terra use the local resturaurants/shops supporting the local economy coupled up with employing locals

Plus the contribution of property tax and enviromental tax contributions in my opinion makes up for what you call an un sightly site , which incidently will soon be covered by lovely orange trees and climbing plants that Sea Terra have planted .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.