North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sale of confiscated car is Wrong
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sale of confiscated car is Wrong

Sale of confiscated car is Wrong

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

helper

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

earlier this year my car a ford mondeo was confiscated. As were many 'illegal' cars. I had tried to register my car, but alas as it was too OLD, i was unable to register it. When it was confiscated, i donated it to the cival savunma. I did not want my car to be sold, or this government to profit from it. As a CESV member i am aware that the Cival Savunma have problems obtaining scrap cars to be used for practise sessions. This gives realistic training for staff on procedures in releasing trapped persons in accidents. As i donated my car for this purpose I am now angry to learn that this car has now been sold for 1700 TL at auction. Any one know if i can adddress this illegal sale. Many thanks for any advice.

smithy

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 07:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post this message on the forum not the for sale post you might get an answer or any help you need

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
09/12/2009 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Helper

Why am I not suprised. I expect the 'buyer' was probably a customs officer who I am led to believe are one of the few groups of people allowed to attend these 'closed' auctions.

Afraid I don't have any answer to your query, you would probably be throwing good money away in pursuing the case anyway !!

Regards

Paul

Mindy

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Helper

Because you included the word Sale in your post it has gone on the for sale section, as Smithy says put it up again without the word Sale in the post and you should receive a lot more response from members, sorry to hear of your plight. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

cyprusjoker

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Why cant one of the mods stick it on for him? an interesting subject..

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/12/2009 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

msg 1;

Why did you bring a car to TRNC that you could not register in the first place.Or does it make you feel better to play "pass the bug".

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
14/12/2009 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Yorgozlu

Come on mate. You know as well as anybody how the 'rules' change overnight in the TRNC. Helper may well have thought that he could register the car when he brought it over, only to find that the 'government' had thought up another way of raising a few more TL !!

Anyway, that is missing the point. He donated the car to a worthy cause only to find that it has now been auctioned. This is patently not right !!!

Paul

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
14/12/2009 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

FRIENDISHPAUL;

The rules on importing cars over to TRNC had not changed over the (at least) last 6-7 years.

You cannot donate something that lagaly is not yours.

Custom officers are not allowed to buy anything from their auctions.

I had hid my own bike that I had built with my own hands,because it was over 5 years old,and to top it all,at least half the officers in Nicosia customs are my friends from childhood days.I hid ir for 2 years and only manage to register it 2 months ago from the amnesty and now all that done nuffing gearbox went.

My comments may only be written in black and white,but they are facts from my own expriences.

helper

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry not been on to reply, my laptop blew up. In reply to my critics I left UK in my car on a journey of exploration. I spent 7 months around Europe. In Turkey I saw a sign ferry to Kibris, ok I was a bit dumb, did not know where Kibris was. Jumped ferry, ended up here, did not know laws regarding cars, Tried for three years to register it, paid road tax and double insurance every time trying to keep it. My anger is that it was donated to Cival savunma to be used as a crashed car for valuable training experience in releasing trapped persons from such car wrecks. I feel that for it to be back on the road is a mockery as it has been stated that all old cars should be off the roads. cheers everyone happy new year to all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.