North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lawyers- The big dilemma
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lawyers- The big dilemma

Lawyers- The big dilemma

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

elko2

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

You found your dream home to be built and you want a good lawyer to protect your interests. Basically you have two choices:

Tytpe A. You find a lawyer who is happy to work with the developer. They have ready made contracts and perhaps with a few superficial amendments everything signed and everybody happy. The lawyer gets his/her fees for minimum work and hopefully the developer will put more work in his/her way for being a good boy/girl.

Type B. You go to a lawyer who tries to do his/her best for you. Registration of the contract, maintenance charges for the future stipulted for in detail, mortgage costs are all examined closely and at the end of the day there is no agreement. What does the lawyer get for his/her services for a contract that did not materialize? Nothing or a fraction of the cost if he/she was more cooperative with the developers?

My information is that some developers do not want you to register your contract for their own good reasons. Probably they are not working through an Estate Agent as the law demands and thus registration may become problemmatic. But hey ho, the lawyer that gets your contract signed and sealed is the good one and everybody is happy all round. Good luck everybody.

ismet

Chris

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

I can see why you have earned your 'Most helpful member' badge!

I totally agre with you.

Chris

Aussie

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I agree with Elko as well.

In Australia I never use a lawyer associated with a developer or even an estate agent I was buying from to represent me and think its even riskier to do so here.

The conflict of interest isn't reallly reconcilable and in my opinion a truely reputable lawyer / advocate wouldn't accept such business.

Aussie

wynyardman

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Ismet,

Another gem! Thank you.

wynyardman

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.