North Cyprus Tourist Board - Homebuyers' Pressure Group a spent force?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Homebuyers' Pressure Group a spent force?

Homebuyers' Pressure Group a spent force?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Home Buyers Pressure Group (HBPG) Threads posted so far

» Also look at permission popular tag and purchase popular tag

» HBPG Official Website - www.hbpg-trnc.net

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

"Fact 1, the HBPG website has been out of action since 23rd August 2009. Fact 2, Marian Stokes is quoted in Cyprus Today (9/12/2009) as saying that 'the Government is not talking to us'..."

Read more at http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2009/12/10/homebuyers-pressure-group-a-spent-force

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

I do believe the last time Marian let some one else get involved with the website things went sour thus there is this warning on the site.

'' This is the only official website controlled by the Homebuyers Pressure Group.

We are not associated with any other websites or MSN Groups using the name Homebuyers Pressure Group. ''

petez

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

No-one is trying to take control of the website.

She can create a wordpress site that allows people to submit news and articles but she can have total control over the content that is published.

there are alot of new web developments that can allow her to do this, so I don't think this is a valid argument as to why she wouldn't want people to help her..

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

I met Marian in November were she gave brill support/advice. Pia Bella Tuesdays

She said she was trying to get the WEB files returned from the hosts so that she could transfer them to the new web site, so unable to load the new website without these. Unfortunately the Co that had kindly been hosting the HBPG web site kept forgetting to send the files, Marian did not want to chase this up to often as they had been so helpful and did not want to come across as ungrateful for their past support.

At the same time she changed her email address to marian.hbpg@gmail.com she had some problems with her previous email, she apologized to me for not responding to the old email address as could longer access, true to her word has kept in touch since.

She also said she had loads to update us all on, and felt frustrated that she was unable to share the info. She also was bemused by all the conspiracy stories that were going around... wonder what she would think now if she read the threads now?

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

petez once burnt twice shy I suspect but as I am not in contact with her I can only suspect and or sumise, she may or may not be computer literate enough to do what you say , I know I am not and suspect many on here are not either.

Should any one have a problem they can always goalong to the Pia bella on a tuesday, One problem should she post on a forum like this would be .. take a look at the threads on Kar.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

secret cove, in my post it says READ the article, if you had done that then you would realise that I agree that Marian should not lose control of the website as she has done for the last 4 months. If she wants a copy of her website, anyone with basic web knowledge can do that for her as it is not private. Why she gave her only copies of the website away as was suggested by killken, is a mystery. There appears to be a lot going on here that is not being said.

petez

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

RE message 4

I do sympathise, but in regards to Gillken, the files she needs are on the website already.. anyone can view them and as they are in html anyone can copy and paste them, she does not need the original files for a new website.

Re message 5

Marian just needs to open a new hosting account with a decent provider. (it would cost approx £60 per year)

I could transfer her old website copied onto a new fully working site for her in less than 24 hrs (free of charge)

She can then change all the passwords and start again. Wordpress is a lot easier to use than her current system.

It is dificult to pop down to Pia bella if you are in the UK or somewhere else.

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Hey I am not a web designer have no technical knowledge, just repeating what Marian told me. Didn't particulary want to post a thread here as it always ends up with an attack. But Marian certainley does not deserve the comments, I simply spoke up to give her some support, for this reason does not comment or read open forums.

Isn't it a shame that when ever someone tries to simply without motive give up their free time they then become a victim themselves.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

gilliken, what comments do you see as attacks? I think you'll find that this thread is about getting HBPG's website up and running and my article about HBPG being a spent force is actually saying that perhaps now is the time for it to come out and forcefully challenge the two worse culprits that have cause homebuyer's problems - PTP length of time and mortgages on sold properties. There are other problems but those are where I believe the focus should be. What does HBPG think? It is they who are consulted by the newspapers as a representative of us all and in that capacity I believe there needs to be a re-focus and the new website would be a good start to communicate that message.

petez

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

I agree with Malcolm,

re message 8

No-one is attacking anyone, gillken

The only focus and discussion here is about helping the HBPG. that is what is important.

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

The last time Malcolm helped them it ended in acrimony I think you will find.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

secretcove, I don't want to help, petez does. Does that change anything?

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Well sorry if I am mistaken! Out of curiosity what actually does the title of this thread refer "Spent Force" Doesn't sound to supportive to me?

I am aware of other thread that is going at present, and obviously I do remember older threads of long since gone posts.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

I don't understand how the British have time to fight wars elsewhere also...

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Totally true Dutch Crusader.

Many people read these threads and have no knowledge of the work Marian has done for us all and carries on doing.

I just don't want these people to get hold of the wrong idea about the HBPG, they are an excellent organisation and totally committed to helping anyone with an issue.

Marian is working hard and is always at the Pia Bella on a Tuesday, and for those in the UK she will return your email

Her new email address marian.hbpg@gmail.com

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

the article is entitled "Homebuyers' Pressure Group a spent force?" with a question mark and if you read the article it says NO they aren't and then goes on to say that maybe the website relaunch could be used to make "'the Government (that) is not talking to us" (to quote Marian Stokes) actually listen. Gawd Blimey Love Oh Riley! IT'S ABOUT THE WEBSITE not about the hard work Marian does at Pia Bella, which is also in the article at http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2009/12/10/homebuyers-pressure-group-a-spent-force. Find your glasses and actually read the article gilliken. This is worse than replying to GC comments on NCFP.

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

malsancak says

'' I don't want to help ''

Many people already know this.

Could it be you are just trying to provoke a reaction and get people to your website ??

It matters not Those who know and have been helped by the hbpg TEAM know they are not glory seekers not in in for fame or PROFIT but to help assist and make sure fewer people go through the Poo they and others have gone through.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

I already have people coming to my website, 1400 visits today so far and only 73 were interested in HBPG. I do want to help, does that change anything?

petez

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Secretcove,

Just like gillken you are missing the point completely.

So once again.

We all think Marian does great work, no-one is disputing that.

I offered to help with the website not Malcolm, don't have a go at him for saying he didn't offer to help.

Malcolm IS trying to provoke a reaction but only to see something done about the lack of information coming from the HBPG.

Unfortunately you are not reading what is being said, you are reading what you think is being said and there is a big difference.

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

It seems that Malsancak needs to try and provoke some positive reactions. I for one have seem all the thought provoking stuff he does on his web site!!!!!

If I knew he was something to do with that website I would have left well alone!!!!

But still Marian should be totally and 100% supported by all of us.

And without the need for any thought provoking stuff!!

gillken

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Oh "Malasnake" how do you know if the Government is speaking with the HBPG or anybody. At the moment we have no idea what is going on because the informative and unbiased web site is at present not functioning!!!!!!!!!!!

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Due to rain leaking window Marians computer is in the repair shop after speaking to her today !!

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

"Malasnake," nice one, I'll get back to talking with the GCs then

Hector

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

I personally support and congratulate Marian for the sterling work she has performed over the past few years as the front member for the HBPG. The HBPG website has been a 'must read' reference point for up to date news and advice for me & I'm sure many others whether living in NC or elsewhere.

Having said that I am currently uneasy & uncomfortable when I don't know what is happening. It's almost 4 months since the website was updated. What is happening that can't it appears be spoken? Is there support that Marian needs? Is she being threatened or intimidated in some way i.e. not to publish something on the website? She is not alone in running the HBPG surely? If we are not told the truth as to whats happening, then how can others react correctly?

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/12/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

well said, Hector! Entirely my own thoughts on the matter. The reasons for the website not coming back online are becoming more and more bizarre and none of the excuses are coming from Marian herself, now if I was into conspiracy theories...

Hector

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Anyone have any more info?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Hector it is quite easy to find out.

Contact Marian at Pia Bella on Tuesday or e-mail at - marian.hbpg@gmail.com

Anything other than a response at these places is probably incorrect.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Or telephone - 0533 876 3780

Marian will talk to anyone and explain the issues and difficulties.

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Personally I'd just forget about the HBPG website, as someone said, there are far more important problems in the construction industry than wondering about a defunct website which warned people of problems which they never seem to have seen anyway. Marian is doing what she can by helping people who seem to have never seen these warnings but what is needed is a far better way of getting these warnings over to people. Cyprus44 has more viewers, for example.

Just seen in the Cyprus Star that the ex-pat buyers at Aphrodite Developments in Gaziveren will probably not be given permission to purchase as the site appears to be too close to a military site. Again, this is down to it taking years to get PTP. Wonder if they'll get their money back?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.