North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkcell / Telsim 3G, Whats current costs per month
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkcell / Telsim 3G, Whats current costs per month

Turkcell / Telsim 3G, Whats current costs per month

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

KARY44

Message Posted:
12/12/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Turkcell / Telsim 3G, Whats current costs per month.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
12/12/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Too much!

Richard

elkiton

Message Posted:
12/12/2009 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Kary44. I am on Turkcell 3G way over in Esentepe. for 10GB a month I pay 90YTL, get the monthly passcode from Lemat at Karakum. Bandwidth is only around 156KB, however it does support Skype video reasonably well. FYI for email, half a dozen utube downloads/ BBC radio live daily, internet radio for a few hours, online scrabble and system updates et al I am running at about 6GB/month useage.

Hope this helps

TonyE

booitsme

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I tried Turkcell and found it very expensive and not very good speed - but we are out in the wilds of wanny in Tatlisu! I now use (as do half the estate) Telsim for a very reasonable 49TL a month and if you buy the 12 months the modem is free. That's for 3GB which lets me download music and movies. They have a sliding scale of charges depending on which you go for. Skype runs absolutely briliant, with no delays and good video quality. To get it running at it's best I went into the settings bit and did a manual search for Telsim 2G/3G and get a pale blue signal constantly.

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I have telsim i paid for a year, got a free dongle and after 6 months was cut off. on arrival at the telsim shop i am told i have used up all my bandwidth, even tho i paid for a year ???? thats bo..ox really so now pay 65tl a month for 5G . and i am in town near the new harbour and my signal goes on and off all the time, Telsim tells me its coz i am near the harbour and the 'shipping signals' will be effecting it ERRR off course how thick am I !!!!

waddo

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Telsim for me after Turkcell failed to be able to provide a good signal. Halfway down the road from Ozankoy into Karakum and get a good signal although I have put a 15 mtr extension on my USB cable and placed the dongle in a plastic tub on the roof - don't believe everything you read about USB and distance by the way, its a bit like the use by date on a tin of beer - if it still tastes good when you open it then it is still in use by date, lol

Pay 45TL a month for 3Gb which is all I need as not a down loader of music or video - no problems apart from it will drop out now and then if I have left it on and not used it for an hour or so.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.