North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency - any been there lately?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency - any been there lately?

Residency - any been there lately?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

booitsme

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 53 in Discussion

We're hoping to go to collect our residency renewal this week, has anyone been over lately and if so what were the queues like please? Do we need to set out at 5am armed with sandwiches and a flask or could we leave it until a more civilised hour??? Also, any ideas on how many days/weeks they're taking to process? Many thanks in advance for any help.

baldeagle

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 53 in Discussion

I wouldn't hold your breath we have been waiting nearly 8 weeks and just keep being told there are 600 files to get through, come again next week.

gooligan

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 53 in Discussion

Brother-in-law got his last Tuesday after only 2 weeks exactly.

cyprusgiant

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 53 in Discussion

Got ours last Wednesday (9th), having done the initial visit to Girne police station on the 5th November. Arrived at 8.45am, issued with a ticket (number 34), and by 12pm staff had only reached number 30! They're so quick and efficient! Had lunch in Nicosia, returned for 1.45pm, and were dealt with at 1.55pm, after paying we were on our way back home by 2.20pm. Costs have gone up to 175TL, but we expected that.

smithy

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 53 in Discussion

They are saying it takes 5/6 weeks now before going to Lefkosa, but some have been waiting longer, I used the girls in the driving School as they ring each week to see if its back so leave them to chase it up for you, worth the 60ytl everytime

Baydweller

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 53 in Discussion

Picked mine up last week 8wks after taking the paper work to Famaguste police station.

I had 4 wasted visits until I was given a phone No to ring, the No is:- 03926111016 you

need your residency ref No which is on your passport & the girl will tell you if it is ready.

When I picked mine up I waited about 4 hrs.

175tl & 6.6tl in stamps.

Good luck

satranc

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 53 in Discussion

Hi Smithy, do the girls at the driving school pick up your recidency renewal documents for 60 lira as well or just chase them up for you and then let you know that they are ready for you to pick up?

denizen

Message Posted:
13/12/2009 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 53 in Discussion

went about 2 weeks ago. Got there about 7-00am, parked right outside gate. Put name on sheet, No. 11, guy brought official sheet out about 7-30, opened door at 7-45 and got ticket No. 11 off the smiling policeman. Out by 9-30. There's about 8 desks open now. Sit in waiting room, where you used to pay, and wait for your number lighting up on the board.

D

cammy

Message Posted:
14/12/2009 06:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 53 in Discussion

Have just done it after 3 weeks no problem.

Would advise to get there early if you want to be seen before lunchtime, we arrived at 8.30am and were not seen till after the lunch break at 1.00 pm were out by 1.30 pm.

There is a nice little Cafe in the building where you can buy a sandwich etc.

When you arrive remember to sign in or you won't get a number.

elkiton

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 53 in Discussion

Just done ours this morning, Monday 14th Dec

Arrived at the offices Nicosia 0720, directed to side door where a book was numbered, and entered our names individually against 16 & 17a s the place was locked up.

Doors opened at 0735 and allowed into waiting room.

0800 Man (wearing corporals stripes!) allocated paper tickets against names in book (Print clearly!)

He stopped giving tickets out I think at around #50, there were lots of hopefuls still waiting.

Office starts processing around 0830.

Called through by ticket tote board at 0930

Paid cashier, no queue

We were all done and out of there by 1000

Cost 185tl per person.

Stamps 7 tl per person.

Canteen had food and drinks facilities, stamps can be bought there, yes a 1tl charge for it.

Only had a couple of grand in bank account, no questions or problems.

No sweat, very good for a govt office in TRNC lol

But, my advice is get there at 0715 even if it means early rising to avoid a wasted day, and take a book /ipod /game.

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 53 in Discussion

As I hate mornings, and after 5 years object to having to get up at the crack of dawn to queue for somehting cos the offices can';t work out a system that is effective, I can see that I am in for a bit of fun. But I don't mind a day in Lefkosia. I can take Im Downstairs to his favourite watering hole 'Mackers' and then go back. But I will let you know what happens when I arrive at 11a.m to get a ticket! But that won't be for a month, by which time it might all have changed.

Why should we be forced into arriving at an office before it is even open! Who started this game. If everyone stayed away until at least 9a.m. we would still all be in the same position in the queue. Come on guys, let's start a new regime!

joanie1

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 53 in Discussion

Marie B - I so agree with you - I think the problem starts with the British attitude to sales - See a 'bargain' 'want a (so called) bargain' - get in the queue at 3 am - to be in front of everyone else sleeping bag and flask at the ready - I think its called selfishness - its happening in England at the moment with so many people trying to be first to buy all the bread and staple goods as if the big freeze was going to last until August!! My residency comes up for renewal end May so I'll happily turn up at 9 am - come on everyone lets give it a go - just remember this is a great place to live but they are lucky to have us (and our sterling!) Time for some respect for us I think. Mind you talking to some of my local Cypriot acquaintances I'm not sure the government workers here respect anyone!!

Joan

newscoop

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 53 in Discussion

Ladies please;

All that will happen if you get there at 09:00 is that the mainlanders will have got ALL the tickets for the day and you'll have wasted a trip.

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 53 in Discussion

Yes, Newscoop, but it is time we were treated with some kind of respect for our old age. Nothing to stop the authorities having two secitons??? One for 'them' and one for 'us. You might well ask 'Why' and perhaps one COULD say that the mainlanders are here to try to get work etc etc, but most of us have come here for other reasons and really believed we would be welcomed.

I remember several times in the old offices (well, two years running), when I have been ushered to the front of the queue because I was British with an 'ageing husband'. This was a great relief as I was squashed up against the great 'unwashed' and the pong was a bit overbearing. Perhaps we should have a word with Mr Talat ??????? Also if we all ganged up in the nicest possible British way, Ithink the offices would be prepared to think again. And maybe the mainlanders could adopt a dcifferent attitude as well. We are NOT cattle going to market - we are civilised beings wishing to stay in our homes. How many mai

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 53 in Discussion

(sorry) how many mainlanders have bought expensive property, with no way out and no turning back? We are bringin g in English monies by way of pensions and investments and cannot run away when the work dries up etc. So, I think the system should be revamped.

Maybe you might think me wrong, but it is up to us to bring gentle pressure on the 'system' to ask to put it back to a civilised one (or certainly better than the current one) This is my 6th application, and I am not prepared to be unhinged from my bed. It is going to be fun!!!!

stephen48

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 53 in Discussion

we arrived at the side door to the offices at 6.30 when the guy comes out and places a piece of paper on the wall for people to write their names on to start the list. you can then go away and have breakfast and come back at 8.30 when the office officially opens to claim your ticket. we were 5 and 6 on the list and were out by 9am.

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 53 in Discussion

Well done you early risers, but I am not concerned about being out by 9a.m, I want to stay in bed in the morning, as I often work until 1 or 2a.m. And I get so irritable if I don't have my sleep. I really do feel this situation has been thrust upon us all by panic from others. It is totally unnecessary.

For me to get there at 6.30a.m. I have to leave around 5.15a.m. which means getting up around 4.30a.m which is plain BONKERS.

If the staff don';t have to get there as early as 6.30a.m. why the heck should we.

Oh, and just one other small point. Im Downstairs is now 80 and doesn't walk too well, and needs a good chair to sit on. What facilities are provided at 6.30a.m. outside a government office????? Does my husband have to stand outside, uncomfortable and probably extremely irritable by this stage. Is THAT what we have come here for - to be treated as rubbish on a doorstep. No - it is not on!

elkiton

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 53 in Discussion

Whinge, whinge, whinge. How typical of the ex pats on this forum. You print up an "how to do it easily" for people that might have half a brain and not want to stand around wasting a day what do you get? A tirade against the TRNC govt and the "system". Well waste a day there if you want, any sensible person will realise when it's time to roll with the system and play the game their way. Does it really matter because one is put out at getting up at 5.30 am to get a job done? And yes, for a govt office the system actually works quite well, in my opinion.

Ridiculous attitudes, I was going to to a write up a posting on taxing my car next week, go find out yourself what its like.

TonyE

smithy

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 53 in Discussion

Get the girls in the driving school they chase it up and collect it when completed, they ring you and you collect from them, saves all the hassle of getting there early and queueing, and the petrol of keep going back, wise up 60tl is nothing compared with all the hanging around

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 53 in Discussion

Immigration, either first time or renewal, works on a 'First come, first served' basis. However, the mainlanders seem to arrive earlier than the Brits, so there seems nothing to be done unless the system is changed - just like the border crossing at Metehan, which really is ridiculous with people at the back of the queue of vehicles rushing to do the paperwork, but still being held up if someone at the front sits and waits until he/she gets up to the kiosk. At Metehan, people should respect the queue system and stick to it, then there wouldn't be such a 'free for all' melee.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 53 in Discussion

Marie

Your choice if you want to wait around all day.

What I will say is that whilst I find the whole residency debacle a waste of time and a money making opportunity for the government, at least now the procedure is equal and in this instance expats are treated exactly the same as the mainlanders going for residency/permits.

Personally, I would rather get up early and get the job done rather than sit around with the great 'unwashed; as you so uncharitably describe them. One wonders what they might make of you and I ???

Hopefully, I will be picking my papers up in about 3-4 weeks time - hows that for optimism !!

Paul

Sideways

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 53 in Discussion

Seeing as the girls from the driving school pick up someone else's residency, is it possible for me to pick up both mine and my wife's without her going? Taking both passports of course.

Pete.

yorkie58

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 53 in Discussion

Sideways - don't see why not. My friend picked up her husbands in his absence. Only thing is remember to take 2 tickets

waddo

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 53 in Discussion

TonyE, thanks for the information - I live here so it is very useful and I don't mind going along with the system in place at all, what else have I retired for anyway. Rush, rush, rush and have so much time on your hands you don't know what to do with it - or take life easy and adapt!

By the way, I found the ticket system and the seating at the car tax office in Lefcosia to be excellent and far better than the old push and shove at Girne.

sagsy22

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 53 in Discussion

Mine is due for renewal soon, who and where are the girls in the Driving school please

smithy

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 53 in Discussion

sagsy22

Coming from lapta the easiest way to go is

Go to the Lefkosa roundabout double back on yourself when you get to Arcelik take the next left and it is about 100yards on your left opposite the Girne Wednesday market

booitsme

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 53 in Discussion

We got there at 8am, got our numbers and sat down to wait. Unfortunately as it was just before new year there was only one girl processing all residency requests. One of the "boss" men came to see how many people were still waiting after about 1 hour then went and got someone else to help. Once 2 people were on the case things speeded up quite dramatically and we were out in plenty of time to do some shopping and have lunch! The way we see it, it's only once a year so no great hardship and it is a great place for people watching

artistabroad

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 53 in Discussion

Picked up my residency today - after leaving it about eight weeks to make sure it was through from girne Police Station. Got there about 9.30, ticket number 45. They were only at no.18 by then so obviously a long wait. Went off to do something else, checked before lunchtime which is 12 - 1.30, they were at no.33. Went and did a bit of shopping, I was on my own, if I'd been in company could have had a nice lunch somewhere, got back 1.45, number came up at 2.45, and on my way home by 3.00. Don't know why it all takes so long when I was ten minutes beginning to end, but if you plan a day in Lefkosa around it, it might not be such a hassle. Incidentally some people came in after lunch, got tickets and were seen just after me, so much shorter wait. Don't know if that's always the case though.

Maz

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 53 in Discussion

Gosh I hope I am not branded as a Whingeing Pom - I am merely a Rebel (according to my dear old mum, long gone.)

So, I shall try the afternoon shift! That means I c\an stay hinged to my bed, do what I want to do before trekking off to Lefkosia. If I have done it all wrong then I will try again another day.

As to what the mainlanders think of us (as mentioned in an earlier posting) maybe some of us don't shower and are also among the great unwashed, but I find my super sensitive nose doesn't like a B.O problem and it reminds me of days of strap hanging on the London underground. Phew. I also think that no matter what they think of us, they shouldn't be going there at some silly hour just to get a piece of paper. It is nothing to do with moaning, but all to do with common sense. When the office opens the work commences - why go and start a queue. Yes, I shall definitely try after lunch. Will let you know how it goes!

scruff

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 53 in Discussion

msg 22 Hi sideways. After 8 years of getting wound up in Mid August at Immigration in Lefkosa, also decided to take the easy way last summer & "let the man round the corner" take the strain. Painless. All the best P & J from B & J.

Like others I do not do mornings. Why should I go through this charade every year to pay my dosh when they could get themselves organised & do some work? I could sort the system out just like that. It's so easy but they make it difficult.

T Elkin. When you have done 8 yrs in the height of summer (summer hours) in the heat, then I suspect you will whinge. This was, after all, only your 2nd renewal. You should have seen the immigration office back in 2002, 2003 & 2004. I promise you back then you would have whinged too.

Maz

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 53 in Discussion

Well said, Scruff. Perhaps you and I should volunteer to run the office. No camping out at crack of dawn, just a civilised system with trained workers. Wow. But then that would not be Cyprus would it? And yes, the heady days of yore were fun, with the inference later that the new building and its facilitires would ensure efficiency. Actually the first year it worked swell, and it is a bit like motorways, it is now needing a bigger building. At one stage they seemed to have a special desk for ex pats where English was spoken.

But why doesnt Scruff have permanent residency after so long. Wouldn't that make the summer months a bit stress free?

scruff

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 53 in Discussion

MarieB

Why don't we have Permanent Residency? Well there's a question. 3 reasons in reverse order.

3. Big cost / having to grovel.

2. Not much point if there's going to be settlement. Flying pigs & all that.

1. Told in 2006 after 5 renewals that it will tricky without a Kocan.

I don't know anyone that has tried to get it since 2006? Do you? CTP couldn't make up their minds how many years you had to do? I've now lost interest.

mrsgee

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 53 in Discussion

Sorry if this question has been asked but I cannot find the answer. Our renewal is coming up shortly so trying to prepare. Do we have to supply the whole shabang again, i.e. Muhktars letter, contract, bloods, bank statements - I can live with the stamp and the £185......but it is so tedious if we have to do that lot again, and of course the bloods are expensive. We have a problem anyway as we are out of the country for a month when the 'window of opportunity' to make the application arrives.....haven' worked out what to do about that yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sensible ones. At the moment the Driving School looks favourite.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 53 in Discussion

mrsgee,

You only do the medical thing at first app. After that it is just the forest of paper you have to repeat. Do not understand why but it is copy of contract, muhtars letter, bank states, copy of passport, copy of previous years stamp in passport.

Has anyone come across recently the requirment of marriage certificate?

elkiton,

It is so uplifting to see your posts here and an "another thread" stepping away from the flock.

First I can see no point in paying somebody to do this small task for you. Most of us are retired and not a lot else to do!! All the bureaucratic stuff is so simplified now, that is residency, driving licence, car tax compared to when we first came and prior to that. Apart from anything else it gets you involved in the day to day life a lot more.

As for people jumping queue, they do not tangle with my other half. Only 5 foot but they take their life in their hands if anyone trys!!! Do not put up with it is the answer.

artistabroad

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 53 in Discussion

You have to take bank statement, muktar's letter, photo copies of passport (both the back page with your details and the previous year's stamp), and recently copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) was added, and your kocan or rental agreement to the police station first. You don't have to do the hospital stuff again. You can go to the police station up to a month in advance. It's 185 lira now when you go to Lefkosa and 7 lira in stamps. Although they say three weeks between the police station and Lefkosa, I left it about eight to make sure. As I understand it, once you've made the initial application you can go in and out of the country, but you'll need some form of documentation I would think. Best to ask at the police station. If I've left anything out of the above, I'm sure someone will correct me.

geronimo

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 53 in Discussion

We got ours yesterday, went in with a friend who is local and was great as the language barrier can be a bind. There was a mainlander there with NO. 1 having arrived at 7am and left at 10.45! So yes, take a book, sandwiches, drinks and make a day of it! Our friend also rang ahead to find out if our residency had been processed as there is nothing more soul destroying than your number coming up and finding that your residency is not ready, so if you can it would be advisable to get someone to ring for you. Re message 35 we had friends go over to the south on Friday, went through ok but when coming back were told to pay £245 as they did not have their stamp, when explained that it was in the process of being obtained they did not want to know, another case where our local friend came in handy as he rang immigration who contacted the border and told them that their application was in Lefkosa and they were allowed through - I thought all this was all on computer? Good Luck!

Maz

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 53 in Discussion

Just to say to Scruff that I understand. But I am not sure about the 'settlement' bit, and I am not equally sure that Permanent is just that. I need to do homework, but heard it is renewed every 2 years, with the only advantrage being that you can be out of the country for6 months instead of 3. (I am not even out for one!)

But I am off yto decide what is best for us, but really do appreciate your comments.

elkiton

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 53 in Discussion

Thanks Waddo and Cy-is-home,odd words of appreciation make posting worth while. (Ta on car tax)

I find it difficult to understand why people who choose to live (retire) in another country with different customs & a poorer infrastructure,always seem to manage to have a pop at the locals in one way or another,or find ways to expend the minimum amount of energy. What miserable lives some people must lead.

Getting up at 5.15, early breakfast and setting off on an expedition to get the job completed early enough to (perhaps) cross over to the south on Ledra st is fun. Paying 60tl of my hard earned pension saves the effort, but why? I have no intention of becoming an inactive person because it only costs 60tl to become one.

Sawing logs is fun, chasing up old pallets for firewood is fun. Walking to the beach is fun, going to the market is fun.Live a little people, kick back and roll with the system. If it gets to you that much, there is always dear old Blighty waiting for your return!

Ton

andrew4232

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 53 in Discussion

please could i have some contact details for the girls from the driving school, i know the area just not sure which it is as there a couple there

cheers thanks

scruff

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 53 in Discussion

Careful andrew4332. T E will be chastising you for not getting up at the crack of dawn & having "fun" in the Immigration dept. Personally this is not my idea of "fun".

Sorry I can't help with the driving school girls. I have another contact who gets the job done.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 53 in Discussion

i was hopeing to use them for my driving licence, after doing the resi myself, which i started 5th nov and only just got it back yesturday!!!i realised that i got better things to do with my life then driving to lefkosa once a week and calling most mornings

nostradamus

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 53 in Discussion

The driving school is the very first building on the left as you turn into the road where Girne Police Station is. Some people seem to think that getting up at 5 in the morning to go and queue up in some horrible government office in Lefkosa is fun! Eh? I appreciate that most people are retired but that still doesn't make it fun. The very efficient girls in the driving school are welcome to my 60TL. Sitting on the balcony with a glass in my hand is vastly preferable to this annual charade.

elkiton

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 53 in Discussion

Nah scruff, each to their own. Remember I posted some information on how to get residency done one's self, in person....not of my doing that the thread became a grunting place for those resentful people who are not in the early riser category. To me and my partner, yes it is fun going down there, a chance to people watch, talk with other Brits from different places, a quick social lunch and perhaps to make a visit to another town on the strength of having paid out for some fuel. I think that mainly it's down to looking at things in the old proverbial way "glass half full". I am a pragmatist, and try to see good things in tasks that have to be done. In my head, and mine only, paying the driving school to do a simple job that gets one out and about, (perhaps not if you have a full time job here) is the height of laziness, and it does not suit me.

TonyE

PS...and anyone with a glass in their hand at 9am in the morning needs to see a specialist about their problem!

andrew4232

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 53 in Discussion

maybe its just orange juice hehe

waddo

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 53 in Discussion

Tony, tell you what else is fun - hearing people moan about how high the prices are, in the South! Now that brings a smile to my face. How long the wait is to get across the crossing point because people don't know how to que! Another joy to the world! The complaints that you can't bring Ikea products into the TRNC - could not happen to a better place, smile on baby!

The day at 05:30 is beautiful, bit dark in the winter, but oh so cool and calm in the summer - best time of the day apart from the G&T time as the sun goes down! Can't beat it anywhere and always find myself surprised by how much I like it.

Take it easy out there, its the only life you get.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 53 in Discussion

smithy do you give the girls your passports to collect the residency

Maz

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 53 in Discussion

As the passports have to be stamped, one assumes one must hand them over. Not a thing I would want to do. I am a great believer in doing things onself - as my dear old Mum used to say 'If you want a job done properly, do it yourself."

I agree it is interesting who one meets, but I would rather meet them lunch time than c\rack of dawn. As I have said before, I love the freedom here of typing away until 1a.m, and hitting the sack aorund 2a.m. Don't see the need to change it.

Anyway, they may well find a better system and then we can all go as we did before at 'regular' hours. I am like Peanuts when I say that 'I hate mornings'

Crack of dawn was good when I lived in the heart of Wales and could sit in the field and listen to the birds, and smell the dew on the roses, but that was normally after an all night party in my house!

Maz

Message Posted:
14/01/2010 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 53 in Discussion

As the passports have to be stamped, one assumes one must hand them over. Not a thing I would want to do. I am a great believer in doing things onself - as my dear old Mum used to say 'If you want a job done properly, do it yourself."

I agree it is interesting who one meets, but I would rather meet them lunch time than c\rack of dawn. As I have said before, I love the freedom here of typing away until 1a.m, and hitting the sack aorund 2a.m. Don't see the need to change it.

Anyway, they may well find a better system and then we can all go as we did before at 'regular' hours. I am like Peanuts when I say that 'I hate mornings'

Crack of dawn was good when I lived in the heart of Wales and could sit in the field and listen to the birds, and smell the dew on the roses, but that was normally after an all night party in my house!

sagsy22

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 53 in Discussion

Thanks Guys,

Just one point I need to clarify as I have heard many senarios.

My residency runs out on the 6th march, I intend to travel back to Uk a week or so after that, will they let me out the country please.

Thanks sagsy

elkiton

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 53 in Discussion

You should have a current visa stamp at all times in your passport if in the TRNC, simple as that. Suggest you go through Metahan or Pyla and get one put in before you run out. As for letting you out, I would not chance it for the sake of a couple of gallons of juice in the car.

TonyE

Brinsley

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 53 in Discussion

One year I submitted all necessary paper work to the Police Station before the annual expiry date, escaped TRNC for three months returning well after the expired date and landed without a hitch, after which Nicosia processed the visitor visa but backdating it for the following year.

Richard

sagsy22

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 53 in Discussion

thanks everyone, from the stories i hear I guess its just pot luck

elkiton

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 53 in Discussion

Why even take the chance?

TonyE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.