North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying off plan? Amusing if it wasn't so sad?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying off plan? Amusing if it wasn't so sad?

Buying off plan? Amusing if it wasn't so sad?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

rtddci

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Buying off plan? Worth a read and take a look at the photos

http://i-see-why.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=amonth%3d5%26ayear%3d2008

ROBIN HOOD

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I'm not alone. The builder who is doing my repairs has a similar case in Karmi. Also Brand new house with pipework leaking underneath marble floors. Aparently not an Armacon build, so I can't slag them off for that mess. My neighbours in Karsiyaka had to replace all the alu windows 'cos non of them kept out the rain in winter. I bet that's next on the menu. Thanks for "broadcasting the news" ahd over 200 hits in the last hour alone. Hope someone somewhere heeds the message and doesn't fall into the same silly trap I did.

Chris

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 08:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Robin Hood

My problems pale into insignificance after reading and seeing yours, many commiserations.

Hope it all finally sorts itself out for you

Chris

cocos

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

This is bloody disgusting what you have been through! I agree that more peope need to name and shame and make their problems known to a wider audience. Then these cowboys might learn a thing or two. Everyone going through a bad time needs tostand up and let them know that we won't put up with being bullied and threatened any more. Good on you. I hope everything works out.

rtddci

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I agree about 'naming and shaming'. Not just builders but also advocates & estate agents. There seems to be a huge reluctance to actually name them and then we wonder why they carry on regardless.

Martin

wynyardman

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Robin Hood,

Frightening! So sorry to hear your story.

Many of us are waiting with baited breath!.

Good Luck,

wyn

ROBIN HOOD

Message Posted:
28/05/2008 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

See my blog today we can change it. We can beat the thugs and the crooks, we can and must. Or the piece of earth touched by heaven will stay what it is. A nightmare of lies, theft and deceit. we don't have to tolerate it.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
28/05/2008 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Martin - we totally agree with you. We're going through a similar thing with Lapis Development and we've been updating our story on TRNCVillaOwners board (and that's only the story that we have evidence of!). We thought long and hard before naming and shaming and gave Lapis many opportunities to adhere to their contractual obligations and act in a professional manner. Because the directors and their management, for some bizarre reason, think that they are God, they seem to have the attitude that the customer is never right and they think it's perfectly acceptable to bully, threaten and harass you. In the end we decided to name and shame to let the truth out so that people can make an informed choice. Also, anyone going through similar experiences to us can hopefully learn something from our experience as we have from others. Lapis served us with libel court papers on Xmas Day, however this does not concern us, as we have only ever posted the truth which is backed up by evidence from the management and directors, containing

threats of violence, threats, lies, misinformation. If they do continue with their libel case we will do our best to get it in every local and international paper.

We all need to stand up for ourselves and each other and let these people know that it's no acceptable any more and we won't put up with it. The PCO don't seem to have the power to do anything. The more people who name and shame, the more you stamp out the unscrupulous developers/builders who are dragging the genuine, honest developers down with them and ruining the reputation of the TRNC (this beautiful place that we all chose to live/holiday in)

We hope it gets better for you

Brad & Sibel

wynyardman

Message Posted:
28/05/2008 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hi All,

Could we not speak to Isset who started this site. Perhaps it would be possible to have a seperate part of the site, where people that have failed to satisfactorily resolve their issues with Developers and Advocates. to NAME AND SHAME, and then to update members on the progress of legal action taken.

These matters are of the utmost importance to some members, but may not always be so important to those "who walk on the light side" and have managed to have a happy experience of buying in the TRNC.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE OXYGEN OF PUBLICITY, BUT EQUALLY ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

Isset.......Your thoughts would be appreiciated. Perhaps Elko would be our unofficial advisor

on legal matters in the TRNC. How about it Ismet?

wyn

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.