North Cyprus Tourist Board - HOMELAND - Documentary about TRNC / Cyprus and past events
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > HOMELAND - Documentary about TRNC / Cyprus and past events

HOMELAND - Documentary about TRNC / Cyprus and past events

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

henrik

Message Posted:
15/12/2009 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Source: http://www.turkishcypriots.com.au

"Between 1963-1974 Cyprus endured events that changed the lives of its people and shaped the course of history.

This documentary is the voice of Turkish Cypriots who reveal their experiences with an honesty that resonates on the screen. They speak of how their lives and homeland was threatened when their Greek Cypriot neighbours' declared their intent for ENOSIS – a union with Greece. .. .."

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/TCAUSTRALIA

http://www.turkishcypriots.com.au/homeland_documentary.htm

Regards

ataturk

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

This looks good mate. I recognised my fishmonger on her. Its done professionally.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

These kind of mini films chill me to the bone and bring me to tears, we should never forget.

The embargoes that were placed on the TRNC and her people are a disgrace and against their human rights, the world should hang its head in shame, it has been too long and should end immediately.

The hatred of the gc's for the tc's has been overlooked for 34 years and noone but noone has stood up to be counted in support of tc's and their tiny piece of land.

SHAME ON THE WORLD..........LONG LIVE THE TRNC.

henrik

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

deecyprus! standing ovations. well said. The whole movie will be out in January 2010.. lets see what it will be like.. hope it is not full with TRNC propagana but objective.. If it is objective it will still be in favour of TRNC.. just hoping they dont give the movie a un-natural touch.. But the preview was good.. hope to see it soon..

petez

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks for the link... will tweet it

http://www.lincguide.com/lincguide

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

I am ashamed that not many ppl have commented on this mini film, guess it makes my point though.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

DC4: "or as my Old Uncle Percy used to say": give posts a title like "It's raining", "New bar, free food and drinks", "brrr it's cold" or "an obscure question concerning Hitler" - and you will be amazed how many views/comments you score...

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Very true DC and I post on those as well, but this is of such importance and so few have remarked.

The world condemned the germans for their slaughter of the Jews and rightly so but noone has supported the same thing against the TC's, smaller scale I know but nonetheless as tragic and inhumane.

Bear 1

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Excellent trailer, I look forward to the docuementary in Jan.

henrik

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

this realy shows who cares about TCs, GCs, cyprus and the cyprus issue.. When I see discussion of some members on this board, I dont wonder that threads like "blessings against evil", "Bars", "British army bases" and such stuff are more important and get more hits and response.. .. Sky Tv is the only source of information and who cares about the rest when the beer is cheap. as I mentioned the word beer, I supose I get lots of replies to this now Şerefe İngiliz arkadaşlarım benim.. Take the evil out of this board.. uhaha...

Looking forward for the film.. Thanks petez for posting.. How is pink floyd doing? any progress?

petez

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Henrik, we're just hit 7,000 supporters .... Looking to develop the moderncyprus.com website in the new year..

Roger Waters wants to do it, he is going to tour with the wall next year, so maybe it will be similar to the Berlin concert..

There is a lot of logistical stuff that needs to go on first so we're along way off confirming it, but stranger things have happened..

Anyone who hasn't joined yet can do so here..

Support a Pink Floyd concert across the green line in Nicosia for unification

http://www.facebook.com/onecyprus

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

dee msg 3

T H A N K Y O U.

musin

long live the kktc

henrik

Message Posted:
16/12/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

@ Hans (Mess 7): so true.. unbelievable..

@ Petez: well, good luck.. if you need peole involved maybe we can help.. Let us know and we see what we can do.. ıt would be a very good thing.. "Mr President, tear down this WALL!"

let us hope..

petez

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 02:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Henrik... Can you play keyboards??

No, seriously I will keep you up to date...thanks for the support..

Hippo

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 06:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

If the whole film is as good as the trailer it will be excelent i look forward to seeing the film.

The problem then will be 'how to give it exposure on ther world stage'

I expect now, o fcourse an attempt by the GC's to have it banned

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

I am still very disappointed with the response to this thread, come on all of you, were is your support for our hosts and their tiny piece of land.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Hullo dee...nice sentiments. Don't be too hard on all those who have yet to respond to this, because I'm sure it will happen. You may even get a word or twenty from mmmmmm...

I saw a clip of the two young guys from Oz (I think Melbourne) who made this documentary, and they came across very well. Committed, professional and determined. It will certanly stir the passions again, and raise a lot more vitriol from the GCs and Greeks who were involved. Of course it has been filmed entirely from the TC point of view, but I say so what? It's about time something like this was offered to the world in response to all the years of poisonous, hate-filled propaganda we've seen continually churned out by the Evil Empire.

That clip of the Turkish general? politician? who was hoping that his invasion force wouldn't be fired upon was beautiful, but his claim that Turkey was trying to bring peace to the island, to both TCs and GCs, has been proved correct, for that clearly is what has resulted.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.