North Cyprus Tourist Board - do you have to be retired to move to NC?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > do you have to be retired to move to NC?

do you have to be retired to move to NC?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

castroger

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

We are considering moving to NC with 3 small children. Both my husband and myself are self-employed so are not retiring and do not have a pension in place. We would have some money to invest from the sale of our house and are hoping to live off the interest and supplement this with working in the UK for a few months each year. On some websites, I have noticed conditions saying that in order to apply for residency, you must have a property, means of supporting yourself, and be retired -

Found on http://www.northcyprusonline.com/North-Cyprus-Online-Property-Residence-Permit.php

"For a Permanent Residence Permit the requirements are as follows:

By law the foreign resident has to obtain and completed a minimum of three consecutive temporary residence permits before submitting an application, which may then take a further two years before being granted.

The applicant has to have a place to live. Property ownership is required.

The applicant has to have a documented regular income.

The applicant has to be retired. "

Can anyone comment on this? ......

Cas

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

We know people who live and work in cyprus who just rent property .

rtddci

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Take a look at http://www.hbpg-trnc.net and search on this website in the Google search at the top of the page p http://www.cyprus44.com/property/residence-permit.asp

Conditions have recently changed re number of years

Martin

joandjelly

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Cas

You definitely don't have to be retired to live here. My husband and I are 40/41 and we've lived here permanently for a year. You also do not have to apply for permanent residency and even if you do, you have to have 5 years worth of temporary residency stamps before you can apply. Temporary residency is renewable each year and enables you to stay here for 12 months without leaving the country (if you wish).

Jo

castroger

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

So does that mean you can continually be a temporary resident for as many years as you wish? Would that also mean that if my children wanted to go to uni in the UK, they would not be treated as an overseas resident if we only had temp status??

Thanks

Cas

Littlenige

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

you may be treated better and have more rights in outermongolia, seriouslley you are a foreighner here no equal rights no leval playing field and if they can put you down by god( if there is one ) they will.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

The applicant has to be retired. "

This applies if you are brining over all yor worldy possesions to live here. To import these you have to declare that you will not be working otherwise you will obliged to pay customs duty.

A couple of things you must consider. If you intend to work for an employer you will need a work permit.

If you are going to work for yourself you are in for a nightmare. You need a bond to register business, then a degree in applied idiocy to sort out all the taxes etc that you will need to pay.

After seeing what friends have had to go through I would tell people to think several times, not just twice. As Nige says above they not only move goal posts but the whole field at the drop of a hat.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.