North Cyprus Tourist Board - Advice wanted on how to download from I Tunes to Memory stick
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Advice wanted on how to download from I Tunes to Memory stick

Advice wanted on how to download from I Tunes to Memory stick

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

bimbo

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

My Husband has all of his music stored on my laptop ( over 4000 songs on I Tunes files) I have a concern that it is slowing down my computer, I have been told that we could download them to a memory stick ( one with a big enough memory of course) Not being a Computer tec , can anyone please advise me on this .

Bimbo

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

open up itunes and plug in your usb stick .

go to top of the page and i think it says file ,scroll down to see library and then it opens options ...click on export ,

(you can save to disc as well ) if its just one play list then you can "ctrl a " so its all highlighted and then send to stick (or disc) ....if its 4ooo songs then best export the library

kav

yorkie58

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

bimbo - do it now, don't delay. My pc crashed bigtime so have lost all I had on itunes and can't transfer from ipod back to itunes unless................anyone knows different.

elkiton

Message Posted:
17/12/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, my apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs...my Itunes has 2000+ songs which only take up about 9GB on the disk, nothing really to write home about and certainly not enough to worry about my hard disk being cluttered as that is only 15% of the disk.

However your machine may be running out of space....click on MY Computer, have a look at Disc C see how much space is free....if this is less than a 25% then you may need to think about unloading some files. But before you do that, use Options in the Internet Explorer to delete temp files and cookies. Also, de-frag your disk using the command located in Start / all programs / accessories / system tools/ disk defragmenter. Run it when you don't need the system for a few hours.

It is a good idea as suggested to backup your Itunes, not to the stick as this is "convenience" item and not robust enough for a serious back up (use Itunes File/Library/Backup, use CD-roms, about 5 will do.

Post again if you don't understand.

To

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.