North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cruelty to dogs in trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cruelty to dogs in trnc

Cruelty to dogs in trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Is there nothing that can be done to stop the cruelty too dogs here. A lovely young kangol has been tied up to a fence in a field with only 3ft of chain for 3 days now, and the poor thing was in the rain and thunder storm last night and was terrified, it cried all night. It has no cover and has no water, as it knocks the bowl over because of the short chain. I would rather see the dog running free than to be tortured like this. Why have the bloody dog in the first place is what pi##es me off.

Obviously the owners dont want it barking all day and night at thier house, so the answer, put it in a field out of site, then its not there worry...........................!!!!!

Anyone got any wire cutters.

smithy

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

I agree it would be better running free to defend himself than being tied up, what B*** to do this

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Bazil its all too sad. We will never change the mentality of these cruel people. Hope you can get it free . Poor soul xx

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Bazil please free it and let it at least have a chance of life, this is what kills me about the TRNC

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Kangals are beautiful dogs, such loyal companions; it's sickening, poor thing.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Is it possible to work out where it's owners are and go to them? I would try that in the first instance - if they are unconcerned, the local Mayor or indeed, take it to Kars - one could say it has been abandoned - if left tied in a field.......

cornish

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Or all dogs without collars and tags and running free could be put down painlessly.

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/12/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Cornish sadly the ex pats who leave thier dogs to roam the streets remove collars and tags. I know I get so many turn up. When you see the sadnessa and thier pain maybe its the best option. I could not do it xxx

MartinM

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 06:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

It is illegal to treat animals cruelly in the TRNC. Please call the police, every hour if you need to, until they come to see for themselves. They should then be obligated to find the owner and rectify the situation.

I appreciate this is a tall order BUT if a law is being broken is it not yopur duty as a resident to inform the police?

Clearly how "Cruel" is defined may be a problem but if you don't try not much will happen.

DO NOT SHOUT when reporting this incident. Stay calm and collected at all times. Just keep reporting it to your local police until they turn up to investigate for themselves.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Bazil can we have an update on this dog please?

bazilbrush

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Latest update: A Cypriot lady that I know has a kangol of her own, helped me to untie the rusty old chain, and as she already had a kangol she said she would take it to her house and feed and water the dog which she did. Later in the day a very large Turkish chap turned up and was asking the local gardener where his dog was. He then came to my gate and asked me, and although I do speak some turkish and could understand what he was saying my reply was "sorry don't understand". He did find out where the dog was and has since picked it up, but only after a rather good telling off from my friend that only stands at 5' 2".

The stupid thing is he lives in Karsiyaka and ties the dog up in Lapta, what is that all about....................!!!!!

everon

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

so that he cant here it bark and cry! seems to be the norm here x

measey

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

they should be ashamed of themself, surely the police can do something one of my Dogs has been ill and is having treatment for a blood disorder this has been very concerning as i care very much for my dogs, as they say a dogs for LIFE not for Christmas. Maybe you Guys who live over there could start a animal rescue with the help of the local councils. Maybe not just an idea.

Keith.

Lilli

Message Posted:
19/12/2009 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Hi measey there is an animal rescue here KAR.Sady here locals and expats alike just go and leave thier dogs to fend for themseves. It breaks your heart. Whatever thier reasons for going a Dog is for Life. The type of cruelty Bazil said is seen on a daily basis sadly. The local councils will not do much. I get dogs turn up on my doorstep on a daily basis and try my best to rehome them. They are not srays they have been left. KAR are full to bursting so not much help when trying to get them looked after as they just cant cope with more. We do all try to help xx

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.