North Cyprus Tourist Board - [KYRENIA WALK-5c] Sunday, December 20 (4 & end)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > [KYRENIA WALK-5c] Sunday, December 20 (4 & end)

[KYRENIA WALK-5c] Sunday, December 20 (4 & end)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
20/12/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

1: I'd like to thank the participants of the fifth "Kyrenia Walk", which finally could be done today after two cancellations (bad weather). The way you showed interest in medieval remains you sometimes had seen before in Kyrenia made it a rewarding walk again! Thank you very much for joining!

2: Thank you Mayor of Girne, Mr. Sümer Aygın (Aygin), for the clean streets in old (walled) Girne today! http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2009/12/16/rubbish-at-the-tomb/ It was a pleasure to walk through the narrow, clean streets. Well done! Locals, tourists and history interested expats will appreciate Girne/Kyrenia, your pearl of the Mediterranean. Thanks again.

3: Thank you also, Mayor of Girne, Mr. Sümer Aygın (Aygin), for restoring the marble cross in the wall of the old church (you know what I mean). Well done!

Maz

Message Posted:
20/12/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Thanks Hans for your time and enthusiasm. Sorry I had to slip away. Maybe instead of your thanking the Mayor he should thank you for all you are doing to raise awareness of the history of this historic town. As I said, it is about time someone really campaigned to save what is left, as Michael Walsh is doing for Famagusta. Any academics you know who might volunteer?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.