North Cyprus Tourist Board - Legal System here- Good cheap solicitor needed
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Legal System here- Good cheap solicitor needed

Legal System here- Good cheap solicitor needed

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

redgraves

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Can anybody recommend a good Solicitor here who doesnt rip you off I have to be in court on 8 Jan. to fight against charges made to me by the police on something I am not involved in.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

If you read the majority of posts on here I think that you will find that 'cheap' and 'good' are not two adjectives that can be used to describe the average solicitor/advocate in TRNC. Best of luck with your search, although I fear it may be a fruitless one !!

Or am I just being a cynic ???

Paul

Hector

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

"Can anybody recommend a good Solicitor here who doesnt rip you off.."

Oh thank you, I needed cheering up. LOL

Hector

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

My humble apologies, instant silly reaction to a serious question and situation.

The police seem all to quick to send cases to the criminal courts that haven't been investigated properly, lack credible evidence and often based on malicious allegations . The Geoff & Mary Day case is a good example.

I know of one case that keeps being dragged on through the court where there is no offence committed, no victim and no evidence and yet the prosecution can't or wont simply drop the case. The judge wont let them defend themselves so they have to pay an advocate. An injustice and a stain on the TRNC legal system.

Geoff

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

There are good ones, and cheap ones, but you won't find a good cheap one in my opinion. You can also find expensive ones who are useless. TRNC is no different to other non-UK countries in this respect. UK of course is perfect (not!)

Geoff

Famagusta

flightholiday

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Try Dolun Ustener (Elko2's wife)

From my experience honest and good - cheap is something I can't answer for but the work she did for us was very competitive.

0533 861 0913 or 0392 366 6048

I hope it goes well.

Hector

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Probably worth contacting Marian Stokes for advice. She will know which advocate is defending the Day's or who else to suggest.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

You could try the three wise men who can be spotted heading towards Bethlehem this time of year!

Richard

elkiton

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I think this post might give us a clue as to why the Brits here are continually complaining about the level of service they receive. Does nobody understand that "good" and "cheap" are an oxymoron ? Doing anything on the cheap is a risk, even more so when the courts are involved. Yes I know a damn good lawyer who won a case for me, and is handling a second one. No, I won't put his name down here because he is not cheap and won't waste his time whilst you argue the toss for tuppence ha'pney off his charges. As with so many things in this life you ultimately get what you pay for!

Mumble mumble mumble mumble

TonyE

PS Actually I wish you well in your search and hope you win, Merry Christmas. TE

redgraves

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks Flightholiday and Hector for your sensible advice at a very worrying time, I will try both.

Cruella

Message Posted:
21/12/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Nothing is cheap! You must be carefull that you tell them what you want and agree on a price and do not let them move the goal posts.

I was ripped off by Peyman Erginal she said £1000 for buying a house then she charged us £2000. When we come to selling she agreed £500 then asked for £700 and because they have you over a barrel you can do nothing but pay. I have also had some bad dealings with Mina Konat.

I do believe that Marion Stokes as a list of who not to use.

Good luck you will need it with TRNC legal system!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
22/12/2009 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

redgraves: What is 'legal' about the system?

Having been badly advised and thoroughly conned by it, and losing a sickening amount of money, we ended up with nothing under TRNC law.

We know the thoroughly decent and upright people to whom Hector is referring. These people are the innocent victims of some sort of TRNC type 'game' - no other way to describe it. It may or may not fizzle out, but one thing is for sure - it will cost them 'an arm and a leg' in legal fees.

Cruella is right when she recommends you to contact Marian Stokes - you've got to find one of these so and so's to defend you as you're not allowed to defend yourself.

Injustice prevails for so many here - I sincerely hope you won't add to the list - have a Happy Xmas!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.