North Cyprus Tourist Board - what lovely weather in TRNC today/yesterday
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > what lovely weather in TRNC today/yesterday

what lovely weather in TRNC today/yesterday

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

I do feel very sorry for all those people throughout Europe in all the snow and ice.

But,after busy morning in Girne,stopped at Kervan beach for lunch.

Sitting there in shirtsleeves,looking at the calm sea,feeling the heat of the sun,

I did feel a little smug,and I do thank God/Allah for allowing me to spend a few

years on this remarkable island.

Mike

boglefan

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Lucky you, I love Kervan. Slipping and sliding here in Scotland. Queues everywhere. The joys of a British Christmas!.

Enjoy your life Mike in paradise and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Mike, I totally agree with you, how I love my life here, warts and all.

After working all my life, my thoughts are,it was worth every minute to end up here.

Merry Christmas.

phylray

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

- 16 forecast for tonight in parts of SCotland and - 4/8 pretty well everywhere. Stayed in

and made mince pies and looked after grandchildren while their Dad shopped. Looking

forward to 14th Jan and a bit of warmth, like last year, hopefully.

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

hi all , we are over boxing day its our first holliday abroad at x-mas/new year and we have been married twenty five and counting!

hope the weather is good ,last time we were over in winter it was febuary 07 and it was freezing with hail storms rain and wind.

by the way its -2 here in wigan south lancashire

andy

winslow

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Yes İ agree it was a lovely day and its just nice to be out of that rat race is worth every moment. Don’t get me wrong European Nations have their benefits but there comes a time when enought is enought and you have to sit back. İt has to be the med or anything similar if you have the opportunity. İf this is the type of life you desire grasp the opportunity if you can. Sadly many don’t have the opportunity and may be many are contented but for me the stresses were not worth it any longer.

newlad

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Andy-f,

Enjoy your holiday matey.Got back from the north yesterday from a weeks break loads of rain for the first four days.Last couple of days where o.k. though and pleasantly warm for Dec,

Paul.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
23/12/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

winslow,you are so right.I was MD several companies in Wales,and a workaholic.Been here 10 years holiday home,now 1 year 3 months retired.Major decisions now,where shall I plant the bulbs?Takes a few days,lots of coffees,few fags,maybe a decision tomorrow.or.........

Sunny weather 20deg,for the next few days......................this is heaven,or practice for when I go to the garden in the sky.

Yes,flowerfairy,is right,bit of silly officialdom,but never as bad as VAT man or taxman in UK!!!!

Oh,roses still in bloom,spring narcissi,anemones,and hibiscus roses,And the nights are getting lighter!!!

To all my friends in TRNC and in chilly UK

A VERY MERRY XMAS,AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

May you find the peace I have found here.

Mike

newlad

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Winslow/Mike,

Every time i am out there (the north) i promise myself that when i come back to England and go back to my place of work,which is heavily involved in production management i will not become so involved with the stress that infests itself within the job.But you can guarantee that within the first 15 minutes of being back in your stress riddled environment you are a million miles away from Northern Cyprus,which is such a shame,

Paul.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

We worked solid for 30 years, as many have, i have no doubt. Right up until the day we decided to

live here, I never thought my man would actually do it, but he did.

I really enjoyed my working life, but new that we couldn't, weren't meant to live like this forever.

Now we're here, my point is............don't wait too long to make the decision.............you never think you can afford to get married.......you never think you can afford to have a child...............biggest decision in our

lives was................can we afford to retire?????????????????????/

Well I for one wish we'd made our decision 5/10 years ago............I would live on bread and tomatoes just

to have made the move years ago.

newlad

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Tomatoes on toast is my favvo,

Paul.

winslow

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

MSg Mikelapta, Newlad, Flower fairy.

Yes what İ remmeber at times was the miserable faces in the cold mornings the saddnes of working class people having to go to work and finding it hard to make ends meet. You just knew their lives were stressful coupled with the environment, social issues the constant stream of bad news in the press everyday on all different types of issues. The harshness of society and angst of people towards eachother it was to much to bare anymore. İt was just a constant stream of making ends meet that’s life and that is every where in the world. İ suppose that’s just a consequence of social change. There are people in the world that are starving so they are still better off in Europe.

İ just wanted a life for me and my family where we didn’t have to worry about the taxman or being late for appointments and you could do things at your leisure where you knew who your neighbours were.

con..

winslow

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

con...

Where İ didnt have to worry about my childeren being attacked on the way home from school or while palying out. İf İ wanted to wake up or stay in bed it matters not.

Where İ could open the window in the mornings take a deep breath of fresh air look up at the clear blue sky and hear the birds sing. Have you noticed that you don’t hear the birds sing in cities in the mornings anymore unless you live near a park perhaps. İts just the noise of lorries and cars.

İ just feel there is a type of ambiance when it is nice and quiet and you are free to think and concentrate on your health of body and mind. This İ believe makes you a happier person within the family and helps with your whole overall quality of life. And lets face it.. less stress increases your longevity that’s what its all about. To be happy and healthly that’s the most important things in life where ever you reside.

YES İT WAS A LOVELY DAY....Merry Christmas and a Happy N

Jeannie

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 02:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Hi all and I would like to say to all who have posted "well done to you all and I am pleased you feel you have made the right decision for yourselves". However, I would just like to make a point, and that is, that not all of us who live in the UK lead totally miserable existencies. Some of us are earning a decent wage and have a reasonably good standard of living. I admire you for making life changing decisions and that it has worked out well for you. We have a holiday home in N.C. and have been visiting for over 20 years, but, surely it's 'Horses for Courses'? I love N.C. but, speaking for myself, would not wish to live there permanently. Please don't run away with the idea that everyone who lives in the U.K. live lives of drudgery - we don't

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all (wherever you are).

J

keithr

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

MikeLapta...

Iyi Noeller ve iyi yeni yilar !!!

smithy

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

I agree Jeannie

with all what you wrote, life is what you make it,

Merry Christmas to you both

Sheila xx

winslow

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 08:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Msg Jeanie

İ agree but İ did say...

'To be happy and healthly that’s the most important things in life where ever you reside'.

All İ am saying is it works for me here for the time being and İ suppose the best of both worlds is also nice to be able to commute is also a lovely senario.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all wherever you are also.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

To Keith....show off!!!

Nadolig Llawen a blwydd newydd da

And this is to all Welsh speaking friends

Meic/Mike

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.