North Cyprus Tourist Board - how much will property rise in the next 3 years in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > how much will property rise in the next 3 years in north cyprus

how much will property rise in the next 3 years in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

dave2169

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 49 in Discussion

anyone have a clue how much a 3 bed villa in karsiaka with a pool will be worth in 3 years

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 49 in Discussion

sorry but how long is a piece of string. I'd say it was impossible to say. You couldn't even hazzard a guess really. It does depend on any settlement.

ttoli

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 49 in Discussion

How much its valued at and how much someone will pay you are 2 seperate things here, over development has put an end to a quick profit, that said if the Cyprus issue is resolved and we get recognition, prices will rocket overnight.

As a rough guide, in 2003 i paid 98k, last year the Land registry valued it at 160k (a ploy methinks to get more tax!!).

goonerstan

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 49 in Discussion

be gratefull if its still standing in 3 yrs

brynteg1

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 49 in Discussion

Hi there,

We are flying out to Northern Cyprus in June for the first time, mainly for a 10 day holiday, looks beautiful and very interesting place. Have been following all the forums and very pleased with the honest opinions from members.

We will be looking at properties for sale whilst out there, just as a holiday home for us and our family to use. My main concern is the cost of flights out to Northern Cyprus and of course the time it takes with the stop at a Turkish airport. Anybody know or can advise me as to which Flight booking web page they use and also how easy is it to fly to Lanarca to get to the Kyrenia area?

Lots of grandchildren, so costs of flights an important consideration.

Kindest regards to all, interesting forums

dave2169

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 49 in Discussion

i always use sites like last minute.com just type in google its cheaper to fly to south then get a taxi.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 49 in Discussion

Hi goonerstan,

Don"t know about the building, but I am not sure that I will be standing in 3 years!

wyn

(I doubt if ours will be finished by then the way things look)

cruggs

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 49 in Discussion

hi brynteg 1 dont know were you are flying from but it takes about four and a

quarter hours, from thief row airport as too the time from larnaca, thats about

one and a half hours. if you fly direct to larnaca then theres no stopover in

turkey.

the butler

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 49 in Discussion

Hi Dave 2169

We bought a property in 2006 the property was finished when we purchased, we were told that it was discounted. Our neighbour has just sold his property exactly the same as ours and he had to sell for fifteen thousand pounds less than what we paid. I don't think there has been any increase in the last 2 years and only a miracle will change this situation. So I wouldn't count on making a profit, if there is a settlement that could change but it won't happen overnight.

The Butlers Wife

goonerstan

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 49 in Discussion

keep the faith wyn, rome wasnt built in a day , only cos i wasnt the foreman

Aussie

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 49 in Discussion

No one can ever accurately predict house prices particularly over the short term.

I would think there are a number of factors affecting the likely result the major one being

Negative

1) current oversupply and projects in teh pipeline

2) Bad publicity on build quality and problems with property process title deeds power and water connectione etc

3) Ongoing uncertainty and bad publicity on title deed situation even after the Orams case result in the UK

Positive

1) Possible settlement of the Cyprus problem or alternatively some form recognition of the TRNC or at laest ending of embargoes.

2) Rising costs of construction both in TRNC and the rest of the region making the replacement cost of Villas much higher over time

3) Gradual improvement in property system which will hopefully continue and give buyers more confidence

I think eventually the positives will outway the negatives but not in the next year or so unless a settlement agreement is reached with the South. If this hapens prices would probably increase very rapidy with those in the South dropping somewhat so they reach a more comparable level than is currently the case.

Aussie

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 49 in Discussion

You might as well have asked, 3 years ago, how much UK properties will rise in value in the next 3 years. I'm sure very few would have guessed the situation there now.

TF I don't have a house/mortgage there anymore.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 49 in Discussion

Aussie makes sense

Prices in South are likley to be the guide. Prices in the North seem to be half the price at present, but I understand the GC prices, like Spain are over inflated at present.

Obviously if a settlement happens and the North enters the EU then prices are liklkey to rise.

Just to add to Aussies enlightenment. Prices will rise considerably if the local population i.e TC's and Turks can afford to purchase the properties. At the moment not many can, so the GDP and standard of living will have to increase etc. This will mean there will need to be an increase in tourism, entrepeneurism in the local populace, development of products for export etc. If this doesn't happen then the market will have to rely on foreigners to buy and hold it up. That being the case, alot will depend on the price of aviation fuel and taxes, good supply of water plus stability in the region

rosie123

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 49 in Discussion

Goonerstan,post 13,are we talking about quality of build

ukturk

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 49 in Discussion

hi guys

you all make good points and i reckon house prices in cyprus will increase at more of a percentage than the u.k will especially the way the market is in the u.k at the moment!!!!

now its common sense that if north cyprus does unify with the south or goes it alone and they do join the e.u we will have a catch 22 situation because on one hand the house prices will increase by at least 50% but then so will the cost of development i.e raw materials etc and also the cost of living will increase but the major factor is wages will virtually stay the same or will only increase a bit which is the case in many of the new eastern european countries that have joined the e.u and in turn most of the population will venture out of their countries looking for work hence them all arriving in the u.k cos they cant afford to live or buy houses in their own countries

so in my view we have to be very carefull regarding this cos it could make north cyprus or break it and at the end of the day even thou the housing market is a bit stagnent prices have been increasing very well, over a period of 5 years and remember firstly north cyprus is unreconised, second the situation on exchange land aswell as the house market laws (if you can call them that) considering this house prices in north cyprus compared to turkey is very healthy i.e in certain villages in the south east of turkey you can buy villas for min of 40-50k considering turkey is much more bigger and developed

regards

ukturk

rosie i would not take any notice of stan because he is a arsenal fan and he does not know what he is talking about!!!!! LOL

stan only joking mate as you guessed im a spurs fan!!!! (thats all im gonna say about football before anyone starts!!!! lol)

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 49 in Discussion

good point Erkan. Freedom of movement in the EU could mean the young moving to where the well paid work is.

Also Cyprus is competing against all the other hotspots in the world. It has to strike a careful balance betwwen developing it's infrastructure sufficiently (and cheaply) whilst maintaining it's appealing charm and charachter

rtddci

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 49 in Discussion

NC will suffer if it doesn't improve it's infrastructure to attract business, tourism, immigrants and investment. In that I include water, electricity, communications, roads. It also needs a stable democratic competant government, low taxes, low inflation and laws or business and investment will go elsewhere.

Martin

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 49 in Discussion

I would be delighted if property prices in the TRNC rose or even kept their prices for the next 3 years. However I am doubtful that this will happen. As prices in Spain and other parts of Europe continue to fall or slow down, it means more competition. Look at property prices in Turkey, competition everywhere at the moment. Also the prices in the South of Cyprus have took a real fall and worryingly property is not selling. I know that one of the reasons I bought in the TRNC was because you got such good value for money. Houses and apartments that we were looking at on the southern Spain/Portugal border were just out of our price range. However they too are now becoming better value, particularly when you consider the cheap flights on offer.

The credit card crunch will stop many from buying abroard and those that do will be looking for the real bargains. When you add the bad publicity surrounded with house purchase in Cyprus, to this I can't see the property market rising. Many people are also worried that if there is a settlement compensation may need to be paid and this also makes people dismiss the TRNC.

Buying in the TRNC will be a good investment but certainly not in the short time.

eager

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 49 in Discussion

unless the goverment starts realising that tourism is a major part of nc economy, and starts doing something about the infrastructure and gets a grip on building industry with some protection for buyers.

unless there are direct flights in the near future, then i would guess that your property in 3 years will be worth about 20% less than it is right now.

Aussie

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 49 in Discussion

ilovecyprus & UK Turk both have a point in regard to locals being able to afford to buy and their wage levels need to support this.

The problem is not unique to here though and in larger cities like Sydney New York etc most reasonable properties are well beyond the means of even upper middle to high income couples even given the high levels of debt/ gearing available. The same complaints of wealthy offshore buyers pushing up prices in desirable areas happens in Sydney with Chinese and other buyers who still find it cheaper than Hongkong and other places. Less likely places like Mumbai and even Cambodia recently have had huge booms and are extraordinarily expensive compared to average wages and major cities in Europe and the US.

I suspect a lot of Cypriots will have to rely on family help to buy even at current prices.

I forgot to mention in my previous post another major negative factor at the moment is lack of availability of mortgages at a reasonable interest rate. At lot of finance deals are developer / vendor mortgages which are only available off the plan or are expensive. Ultimately for the market to mature you need to have ready availability of finance on all properties including resales to support a much higher price level.

Aussie

goonerstan

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 49 in Discussion

hi rosie, i was being flipant with wyn, im sure there are some good honest builders here but like trying to find 6 numbers on a saturday night its very difficult thats why i said keep the faith take care gooner stan

ive@karsiyaka

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 49 in Discussion

Hi Brynteg 1 ,

I always fly to larnaca as you have more choice of airline I fly with ba from H

goonerstan

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 49 in Discussion

hi erkan, its nice to hear a spurs fan with a sence of humour but after darren bent 17million you need to have best of luck for comeing season .

gooner stan( french section)

smudge

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 49 in Discussion

We've been using Larnaca. Roads are quiet compared to England so its an easy run through the border and straight on to Alsancak.

Trying Paphos next (already wishing I hadn't booked so hastily - but Easyjet and didn't want to miss a reeeally cheap price). Will let you know how that journey pans out.

I'm not a good traveller so try to avoid the four take off and landings for a return trip as it takes me days to get over the anxiety....! Can't wait till there are direct flights.

Good luck

smudge

newlad

Message Posted:
29/05/2008 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 49 in Discussion

Brynteq1,

Try direct traveller they have some great package deals on for June flying from either Ercan or Larnaca,we prefer Larnaca as it is less hassle.They will pick you up from either airport and take you back at the end of your holiday,

Regards,

Paul.

libra

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 49 in Discussion

i have recently joined the nc populace, this place and the people are exactly what i was looking 4. so i dont really care whether the prices go up or down . we all have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

i understand also that nc has a long way to go before solid stablisation and eventually this will happen .

for the moment thou i much prefer the daily stressess here rather than the uk. there is no comparison.

you must always have faith in your decisions but guess what people ... sometimes we get it wrong!!

i have got 2 add that after driving thru bulgaria 2 weeks ago i am absolutly astonished that they have been accepted into the e.u. when i compare it to turkey . no offence intended towards bulgaria or bulgarians.

p.s ukturk keep up the helpful stuff top bloke but i got 2 take a stripe off you being a spurs fan..lol

cruggs

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 49 in Discussion

hi libra, i very nearly said welcome too the forum,and then noticed your un called for attack on ukturk.for his support of tottenham hotspurs!!!!!!!!! this man is a well respected member of the forum,as many people will confirm.and your comments about his support of spurs cricket club has nothing to do with it

have a nice day. p.s he"s also a moderator on this forum

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 49 in Discussion

hi ahmet

i was going to say welcome aswell but then read the last comments so i decided to refrain from my friendlyness!!!! i can guess you are a gonner aswell!!!!! lol

you see ive got my soldiers ready to defend me even before i see the attacks!!!! lol

even thou cruggs has got confused between football and cricket it must be all that ramsgate air getting to him!!!! lol

i have to agree with you ahmet i cant belive countries like bulgaria and other eastern european countries seem to join the e.u before turkey and no offence but these countries have nothing to offer the e.u other than their people getting european passports and flocking to the u.k for better work and life!!!

never mind turkey has done fine up till now and still will do without the e.u interfering in to their affairs

warm regards to all and have a great day

ukturk

libra

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 49 in Discussion

ok ok sorry about the spurs thing. isupport notts forest so there you go lads, i no what disappointment feels like.

can i get a welcome now?

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 49 in Discussion

merhaba ahmet

i accept your apology!!!! lol now welcome to the forum and if you need any help i will be pleased to help

yeah you shud know about disappointment but what a team back in the 70's and 80's under cloughie and i now know why you critized me being a spurs fan cos u r still reeling we beat you in the fa cup many years ago and we nicked your best player king teddy!!!! lol

warm regards

ukturk

libra

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 49 in Discussion

the wonder years eh!!

at least we did get promoted this season we are on a roll now! the only super reds!!!

thanks for the welcome and if there is anything i can do 2 help the forum call it on.

cruggs

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 49 in Discussion

hi libra,welcome back to the forum,that was a short spell of isolation wasn"t it

perhaps, spurs should have nicked some more good players.but i wont go there

as i dont want to upset anybody wink.wink.oh well back to my tiddly winks,now there"s a game of skill.at my age it"s about all i can play

libra

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 49 in Discussion

thnx cruggs i've been reduced 2 to backgammon and chess

captain

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 49 in Discussion

i was talking to a local estate agent a few weeks ago and asked his opinion he said things are very slow at the moment but the good thing is the prices are stable and with the world housing market falling fast we are in a good position when the market picks up again. any other good news is a bonus but i think sit tight and wait im hopeful things will get better bob

koronion

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 49 in Discussion

I am quite surprised at the optimism shown by many contributors to this thread. Having been a resident of North Cyprus for nine years now , I am of the opinion that the construction industry will continue to fail for many years yet. Yes --- there will be the odd "adventurer" who will defy/ignore the many comments made by HUNDREDS of disgruntled/dissatisfied property purchasers but the bad publicity found in UK press/media THAT IS STILL BEING GENERATED will be the greatest deterrent from purchasing property in North Cyprus.

Until the encumbent government ( whoever that may be) gets a grip on CORRUPTION --- NEPARTISM ( regarding government appointments) FAVOURITISM TOWARDS TURKISH CYPRIOT CITIZENS ( regaqrding civil prosecutions) GROSS AND UNFAIR TAXATION TOWARDS NON-CITIZENS --- the reputation of this administration will continue to fall together with potential foreign investment .

When I first arrived in N.Cyprus the amount of vehicles on the road was minimal. Now --nine years later --- one can liken Kyrenia to Tottenham Court Road . The majority of these vehicles are owned by Cypriot citizens ----and good luck to them ---- but WHERE did the money come from --- exporting oranges ---I don't think so. It came from FOREIGNERS investing ( or being ripped off) by Builders/solicitors/estate agents/LOCALSHOPS /government/taxis/restaurants etc etc etc

--- shall I go on.

I personally have deterred many Brits from settling here recently , stating the above FACTS and I'm sure I'm not alone ----- many people returning to UK are now completely dissatisfied with the treatment they have experienced in North Cyprus. And before the "I LOVE CYPRUS" brigade get their knives out and tell me to sod off back to UK --- my retort ---- I have a house with water, electricity and telephone and therefore am not experiencing the diabolical /criminal treatment MANY potential house buyers are .

Koronion

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 49 in Discussion

Dave 2169.

Are you for real? The world is on the brink of recession.

How do you think TRNC properties will stand up with.......

1 A Construction Industry, MUCH of which has no moral outlook. ( Get what you can)

2 A legal system which apart from being corrupt, does not have a system for enforceing legal judgements.

3 An international embargo on direct flights to the Country.

4 A land registry overseeing a property portfolio that does'nt even belong to them.

5 Legal contracts that everyone admits, are not worth the paper that they are written on.

6 No water scheduled to be designated desert!

7 In short a pariah State!.

Were I an investor, I would run as fast as my legs would carry me!

They need cheap housing for TRNC citizens, who work for appaulingly cheap wages, and cannot afford International prices. Where can they find these? Your investment!.

My thoughts and my opinion (nothing else)

wynyardman.

The above is the reason that I am certain current negotiations on The Cyprus Problem will

be successful.

Have a good day!

wyn

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 49 in Discussion

hi koronion

i dont know how you can be so surprised as you have been a resident for 9 years and seen you live in belapais ill take it that you have lived there all this time now if you go back 9 years nobody would touch belapais with a barge pole now forward 9 years its one of the most exclusive and expensive places to live so you cant of done to bad in investment purposes!!!!!

now you talk about corruption like there is no corruption in the government no where in the world especially when talking about the e.u, you talk about favouritism towards turkish cypriots and unfair taxes to non citizens just take a look at places like spain-france and italy where expats are treated like second class citizens where in spain for example the government are repossing properties owned by expats for no apparent reason!!!!

you ask about where cypriots got their money from well you have been their for 9 nine years so you should not be so naive to think its them ripping foreigners off these people were farmers and maybe they did not make their money from selling oranges but they have got land where the oranges grow and they have decided they can get more money by selling their prime land to developers and if these develpers are cowboys is it us a turkish cypriot race that are all cowboys or is it some of the naive expats who have got their blinkers on when they belive the bull some them get feed to buy

now im not the i love cyprus brigade i am a TURKISH CYPRIOT and i know there are some things that need to be changed in cyprus but its people like you deterring other people in not buying because if you use your head the more people who come over and invest the more developed a place will get becasue the system will be forced to change to keep up with the times!!!

i must say i have never come accross someone so disgruntled and so sour towards a place they have been living in for 9 years maybe like what you said you should sell up and go back to the u.k to the lovely place where you came from where tax is so low, the crime rate is zero, where there is a influx of imigrants taking all the locals jobs and not just that they send their money back home and dont contribute towards the economy shall i go on!!!!!!!!

i will also say im offended by your comments that us a turkish cypriot race are theives and general bad people, i bet you dont even socialise or talk to any turkish cypriots do you? if you do god forbid if they see your comments!!!!!!

i could bang on about brits and expats mess up everything wherever they go, they expect everything and anything for nothing, they dont intergrate in to the life where they are living and complain about everything from a resturant that does not sell bacon to they dont talk english in the supermarket and they are generally drunks!!!!!!!!!!!

but that would be wrong of me because im painting everyone with the same brush and there is good and bad of every race

like i have said many times before you are entitled to your view and by all means post but i would think first before you are genralising turkish cypriots and north cyprus and like what i said before you dont like it then get on the first plane out of here irespective if you have a house with running water, electricity , telephone and pretty flowers growing in your back garden

and not everyone gets treated bad when they have bought a property out here!!!!

ukturk

rtddci

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 49 in Discussion

It's a shame that the NC government have failed to adequately answer (in my humble opinion) the very pertinent questions put by Marion Stokes.

See latest http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/PMmeeting_060308.html

Tends to make me lean towards opinions in messages 35/36

Martin

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 49 in Discussion

rtddci,

Point of order!

wyn

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 49 in Discussion

hi

i must say the ptp procedure is qute backward, i cant see why they dont adopt the same procedure as in turkey, first of all you like a property you pay 10% then the permission is sent off which takes around 6-8 weeks if the permission is refused then you recieve your 10% back simple as that, not let people wait around for years then to be told you cant buy and all developers that build in turkey first of all get a harita map drawn up to see if their development is near a army base etc etc because they know most will be sold to foreign people so this cuts out the heart ache of being refused

ukturk

libra

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 49 in Discussion

that guy sounds like he dont like us.

eager

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 49 in Discussion

Oh dear..... seems like some people are getting bit hot under the collar.

Koronion does have some valid points, but maybe should use a little more tact.

Would be a shame if this site were to become a slanging match between disgruntled ex-pats. We all know the the problems with the uk, we also know of the problems in nc. At the end of the day it is a personal choice on where you decide to live your life. If things have not worked out the way you were expecting then you have to make the best of your situation, remember..if you live in another country, that country does not owe you anything. Seems that some people on here have been having a go at the uk recently, in my opinion its a cheap shot to kick someone when their down, some of you should know better !!!. Have a nice day.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
04/06/2008 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 49 in Discussion

eager,

In the interest of clarity. You are not talking about Our Supreme Leader Brown, are you?

wyn

koronion

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 49 in Discussion

greetings ukturk

May I suggest you read my article again ---more thoroughly this time.

I never claimed that I personally had been 'ripped off' --in fact , as stated , I bought my property nine years ago with no hassle --no ptp -- no extortionate taxes . I did and still do love North Cyprus and have no intentions of returning to 'rat race 'UK.

My original comments concerned the treatment ( and conditions ) imposed on POTENTIAL house buyers .I read with disgust , the horror stories some expats are experiencing ( being charged upwards of £3000 to have electricity connected when it states clearly in their "contract" it is the responsibility of the builder/developer to pay this ----- builders refusing to hand over kocans to buyers who have paid fully for their property ----- buyers , having paid their stamp duty only to discover their property has a mortgage on it ) --I could go on . Tell me ukturk , don't you think THAT is a rip off.

Stories such as these do not need me to promote them --- they are rife now in the UK hence the reluctance/refusal for new investment . Yes --- I take your point that corruption exists in other european/mediterranian states/countries --- does that make it right then ,or are we having a competition on who rips you off least -----shouldn't that be 'not at all'.

ukturk , I understand and admire your defence of your home land and its people---all credit to you ---- but surely you must see that the legal structure of North Cyprus is in tatters , its indecisions ( the sunday shopping act is a classic example) the estate agency law , another .

You have a wonderful country and within it SOME wonderful people but it is not Utopia , please recognise some of its failings AND ADDRESS THEM , not somebody for criticising theft , corruption and nepartism , all of which appear to have raised their ugly head in the last few (nine) years

Koronion

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 49 in Discussion

hi koronion

i did read your post throroughly, and i did not say once that you might have been ripped off maybe you should read my post once again

if you would have read i did say that things need to be changed especially the estate agent laws and some sort of regulator to stamp out the unlawfull developers and agents

you was the one who implied that all cypriots were unlawfull and rip off merchants your words ' Builders/solicitors/estate agents / LOCALSHOPS / government/ taxis/ restaurants etc etc etc'

and you got to remember not just cypriot developers and agents are ripping potential house buyers there are lot of british agents and developers in cyprus doing it aswell!!!!! mentioning no names so tarninishing everybody with the same brush is wrong, of course its not right that corruption is rife in cyprus and everywhere else, but we live in a greedy money grabbing society and wherever there is a chance to make money you will find the cowboy just round the corner either it be cyprus, turkey, uk the whole world come to think about it and we will never ever stamp this out because its crooked from the top down!!!!

i do reconise cyprus is no utopia but can you name me a country that is because i would be there in a flash!!!! at the end of the day you think this ugly head has reared over the last nine years you should have been living in cyprus before that time then you would have seen the wild wild west and me for one was a victim of this to cut a long story short i had a car crash which was not my fault even thou i had full insurance the car hire company and the police still managed to fine (rip) me £6k they saw me as a cash cow!!!!

so its not just the foreigners getting ripped at least cyprus does not discrimenate on who they are ripping off!!!! lol

of course you should advise friends or people about the pitfulls and downfalls in investing in cyprus but people should have their eyes wide open when investing in a place other than their home country, but you for one who has been living in cyprus for a long time should know better and have some tact and try not be so negative or come accros like you are because people can just turn around and say how if cyprus is such a bad place what the hell are you still doing in cyprus if all the people are rip off's from developers - agents - local shops - taxis - resturants!!!!!!

in my view the only way the system will change if more foreign investment either it people buying homes or investment comes to cyprus the structure will be forced to change not the other way otherwise they wont be schooled or regulated

maybe your intentions were just and you had some valid points but their are cetain ways to say it in text form because you could come accross like you are on some sort of witch hunt against turkish cypriots!!!!

to the people who think im hot under the collar (ive got no collars!!! LOL)should consider that fact im a educated level headed turkish cypriot and answered this post in a very conservite manner becasue you could have got some cypriots on here that would have taken the comments made with offence and replied with a equal amount of offence

anyway we should direct our knowledge and people power towards making a change and naming and shaming the bad apples but on the other hand promoting and applauding the ones who are as straight as a dye because thats the way forward for people to live in a semi lawfull society in cyprus

and long live k.k.t.c

warm regards to all

ukturk

wynyardman

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 49 in Discussion

koronion,

A very fair and balanced response.

I think the one thing we all have in common. is a great love of The TRNC and the Turkish people.

I love to read ukturks postings. His sense of history of the Turkish people and his obvious defence of them within the world community.

The TRNC system does have its faults. If we all work together, they can be fixed.

ELKOs campaign to get an ammendment to The Specif Performance Law, would be a good start. LETS ALL GET BEHIND IT!

wynyardman

koronion

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 49 in Discussion

Ukturk

an excellent reply to my posting ---I f ully respect your opinion and acknowledge your mild reprimand.

Let me end my contribution to this thread . Yes I admit it could heve been interpreted that I was implying ALL Turkish Cypriots are rip-off merchants . For this I apologise unreservedly ----- In the nine years I have been here I have enjoyed the friendship of many TC's and I still value their friendship .

I look forward to" crossing pens" with you ( possibly) on another topic

sincere regards Koronion

wynyardman

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 49 in Discussion

Well koronium,

Rudyard Kipling said.......If you can stand to see the words I've spoken,

Twisted by Knaves, to make a trap for fools.

A great man. to be respected (in my opinion)

wyn

ukturk

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 49 in Discussion

hi guys

koronion glad we got that out of the way!!! lol

like wyny said (thanks for the nice words) im not thetypical argumentive type i always read and learn both sides to every story either it be a discussion, history, politics thats how we as a human race can better ourselves in understanding both sides of the coin

like i said the only way forward is educating ourselves and one another so the corruption and money grabbing theives wherever in the world cant get away with it

yes i to look forward in further discussions or disagrements in the future!!!! lol

warm regards to you all

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.