North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bullying in a private school in Nicosia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bullying in a private school in Nicosia

Bullying in a private school in Nicosia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

Pixie

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Im very upset and I don't know what to do.

My cousin who attends a private school in Nicosia has told me he is being bullied by his classmates.

The worst thing is he was ganged up on by older boys last christmas and bashed up.

I talked to his parents about going in to the school bu they told me that he thinks it would just make it worse so they promised they wouldnt.

Im all for going in and confronting the children. I have no idea why the teachers turn a blind eye. Do they not think bullying is something extremely vicious and traumatic for the victim? It could permanently damage his self esteem and social relationships.

Ive asked his parents to have a meeting with the principal and teachers but I think I should confront the kids.

He is a very clever boy and I rea.lise the other children may be jealous of him but he is not spoilt, a know it all or a show off. Hes very quiet and tends to keep to himself.

What to do?

Secrectcove

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

The answer is get the ring leader give him a serious beating and tell him if he or any of his mates even look at your cousin he will get another beating.

ex victim of bullies

smithy

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Bullies are just COWARDS get them on their own and they run a mile

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Bring back corporal punishment in schools - and, in fact, society; then the bullies, muggers and yobs might 'get a taste of their own medicine'.

teatime

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

I don't think msg. 2 is the answer, the bullies will just turn their attention to someone else. I think you have to give the Pricipal the chance to sort this problem in the first instance. Perhaps the teachers/principal are unaware of this going on.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Absolutely agree with Smithy on this one. When my son was young, another boy in his class continually punched him when school let out and then would run and hide behind his mother. (She, apparently didn't see this, as she was busy gossiping with other mums). I had enough of this and told my son (who doesn't have a spiteful bone in his body) to confront the boy on a 1-to-1 basis. He didn't want to do this because he was afraid he'd be in trouble with the school. I told him I would take responsibility. He duly confronted the other kid and gave him a good hiding. The boy ended up crying his eyes out. Next day, the boy's father was waiting for me at the school gates. I told him what had gone on, he apologised to me and reprimanded his son. My son never had any problems after that. I explained to him that BULLIES ARE ALWAYS COWARDS. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

vuere

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

I think you should change the school(((((my friends had the same problem because their boy didnt speak turkish and his english was very poor....everybody bullied him there.Last year they changed a school to Sunny lane and now the boy is happy and has a lot of friends there...

Pixie

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

I think the teachers know whats going on and they are turning a blind eye. They only care about the money they are earning.

My brother attended the same school and the same thing happened to him. He was very lucky because my other brother who happened to be on the national basketball team went in and threatened the bullies with retaliation much much worse. But if I do it Im worried that they will drag their families into this whole sorry mess. I have no faith in this school!

If it were my child I would definitly get him out of there but I dont think his parents fully understand the situation..

TUTOR4U

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Take him to Sunnylane,

magolina

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

why go to sunny lane when the tandard of teaching is not up to much took mine out because of it.

TheSaints

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Leave him where he is, monitor the situation but it is far better if he learns to stand on his own two feet and handle it himself.

Having said that if the situation gets way out of order then there needs to be intervention.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

I think if you go threatening the bully, he will most likely completely ignore you and intensify the bullying, calling your cousin a sissy etc etc... Why not enrol the boy in some martial arts classes? They will teach him to look after himself, and also about a higher sort of discipline. My little cousin used to come home with black eyes on a weekly basis, and nothing worked, so eventually he took up tai kwon do, which is about defense, and he said it was the biggest and best decision of his life....he now teaches kids, and is the loveliest man on earth, and he says it's all down to discipline and not being afraid of people....just an idea...

DD

Bowman

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

If you have to ask on a forum such as this......Then the problem is clearly not with the child...I know it's Christmas Eve and all that......But come on guys.......Surely when you first read this you must have thought the same?

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Actually, no, Bowman...i thought it was a genuine cry for help....needing help doesn't confine itself to specific times of the years!!

DD

scootex

Message Posted:
24/12/2009 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

My son when he was 7 or 8 used get bullied by the local coppers son who thought he could get away with murder .I told him next time he starts bullying hit him as hard as you can on the nose that will stop him he did not want to as he said he would get in to trouble with the teachers i told him to leave the teacher to me and he would not get in to trouble .3 days later my son came home from school and very proudly said the lad had started bullying him so he had hit as hard as he could on the nose good I said what happened he told the other lad had gone down ,what happened then I said ,Oh he got up and chased me round the playground .So much for that advise ! but when he was living over here last year his son was in sunny lane and was constantly bullied but staff denied there was a bullying problem so they put him into GAU and he was 10 times happier

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
25/12/2009 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

When my grandaughter was bullied her parents went to see the bullies parents who were not aware of how she was behaving, she was confronted by her parents she apologised and from then on everything was fine and the two girls are now good friends.

mikki09

Message Posted:
27/12/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

I have worked in a few schools in the UK and you would be surprised how often the teachers do not know what is going on. I would sugggest monitor the situation and if there is no change then you need to see the principle, and then if that does not help you need to get the parents of this child and yourself to the principles office before it gets out of hand. I don't think there is any need to change school at this point.

Mikki

taraspring

Message Posted:
27/12/2009 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

My younger brother had this problem and my parents did seek assistance from the school - the bullying only escalated to the point when the bully threw acid over the back of my brother's blazer in a science lesson. He was so lucky not to be harmed. The teacher did nothing, they were all scared of the bully and his family. He was eventually expelled but not before he had done a lot of damage to a lot of kids.

I agree with Daisy on this one. Self defence not only teaches children how to protect themselves but also installs confidence in them too.

Hope everything works out for him?

Tx

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.