North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travelling to North Cyprus and returning to UK with duty free allowance
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travelling to North Cyprus and returning to UK with duty free allowance

Travelling to North Cyprus and returning to UK with duty free allowance

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

sonofhowie

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi my wife and myself are shortly going on holiday to North Cyprus travelling via Larnaca.Due to customs allowances because we are both smokers would it be more advantageous to ourselves to cut our holiday short by a day or two in the North and get accomodation in the South prior to flying back home to the UK.

Many Thanks

Davie

suntanman

Message Posted:
28/05/2007 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi sonofhowie

We are doing exactly that!

With Cyprus (southern part) being in the EU, you are allowed the full quota of cigaretts (3200 each)

If you bring back the whole ammount (at a considerable saving on UK prices) it justifies the cost of one night accomodation.

sonofhowie

Message Posted:
28/05/2007 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi suntanman

Thank you very much for your reply.Will go ahead and book one nights accomodation in the South to take full advantage of the duty free allowance.

Cheers.

Oknala

Message Posted:
29/05/2007 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Welcome fellow smoker (we'll all soon be driven underground, and have to have secret handshakes etc to indentify outselves).

We usually buy as many ciggies as we can carry at the airport (Larnaca) on the way home, find their prices v reasonable, although grown up children (all non-smokers) really have a go at us "You're spending THAT MUCH MONEY ON KILLING YOURSELVES" and OH does try and justify it by " But we're saving £1000 on UK prices"....

Even losing them at the duty free doesn't work, because, well, it's hard to hide the very obvious "DUTY FREE!!!" carrier bags..... :(

suntanman

Message Posted:
30/05/2007 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi

I read on a forum somewhere that anyone who doesn't smoke in N cyprus is considered 'weird'

At least we won't feel like 'aliens' over there, which is more than I can say about the 'nanny state' UK, especially after 01 July this year!

Good old England, can't wait to see the back of it!

B&BLondon

Message Posted:
03/06/2007 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

you don't have to stay in accomodation in the south to buy things from Larnaca duty free. We flew to TRNC via Larnaca (for the first time) in May. Coming home we each bought 3200 cigarettes (for friends - we are non-smokers!) We had not stayed in the south. Could this be another rumour to discorage visitors to TRNC?

At Larnaca duty free 200 B&H are about £23 UK, but at Ercan duty free they are only £11 UK, but of course you are only allowed to bring back non EU allowence!

shona2

Message Posted:
04/06/2007 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Fellow smokers...

I brought 10 pouches of Golden Virginia (50g) at Ercan Airport a barry bargain at £23. An awful lot cheaper than Nicorette Patches!!

Shona

suntanman

Message Posted:
04/06/2007 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi All ( smokers logic )

Nothing to do with North Cyprus, but I would just like to say that I haven't bought any cigarettes in the UK for over 3 years.

Went across to Spain with a wad of money and came back with the full quota x2 (6400) Every time we open a pack of 200, put the equivalent money to what a pack would cost in UK into a kitty, and after a while it pays for replenishing the stock, and also for a holiday to go and get them!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.