North Cyprus Tourist Board - Business Touting
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Business Touting

Business Touting

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

wish2rent

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Firstly can I express what a great forum this is and how helpfull the members are with queries.

I have noticed a member express displeasure in what was noted as business touting, offering sound advice to potential clients on various subjects from purchasing a property to purchasing a kettle is not what I would call business touting just genuine help and advice.

If one can openly complain about a business on the forum, then surely a business that is truely professional and seeks to advise and encourage tourism and offer peace of mind should not be discouraged.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Wish2rent, maybe this could be that you might be treading on peoples toes. Also if you are starting a business then you should be doing it properly by way of opening a company and paying all the dues that go with it.

If you have already done this then good luck to you.

wish2rent

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

dalartokat, thank you for your concerns. wish2rent is part of a Ltd company started in 2005, paying our way and enjoying the success and stress!!

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Wish2rent, I too have taken stick from do gooders on this forum for touting for work! Theres always somebody there to agree to disagree if you get my drift!? Seems any Tom, Dick or Harry can come to the UK work ilegally or legally or do just what they like!!!!!!!

BUT!!!! Us Brits are not allowed to come (or go) to another country and earn a decent honest living! I dont look to tread on anybodys toes but do a good job at a good price and yes pay some tax!

The truth always hurts...Ive heard from many sources that the locals in Kibris are lazy and that builders have to recruit from Turkey because of this???!!!

So who is taking whos jobs and who is treading on whos toes?

Nunu1

wish2rent

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Nunu1, Thank you for your input.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

"The truth always hurts...Ive heard from many sources that the locals in Kibris are lazy and that builders have to recruit from Turkey because of this???!!!"

Think this is an unfair and disrespectful quote from nunu1. Fact is that many in the building trade go to the south for work because the wages are a lot higher. They get paid less than GC workers in many cases but is still better then here. This is the major reason for seeking Turkish workers. On top of that the builders here can pay the Turkish workers lower rates plus if they can get away with out permits it is an added bonus.

Have a wander down to Metehan around 4/5 pm and see all the men returning home.

Back to the query by wishtorent, there is a general rule on all BB's that blatant advertising is not allowed. However I see no problem with new business trying to get their name known. Then offering a service to the board in general offers a back door means of advertsing. A prime example is Tom from Flight Holidays who regualrly publishes bulletins and information relevant to flying to and from here. A good service from which he will always collect a few extra customers.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Nanu1. Firstly do not understand your comparison with the UK. If you are intending to live and work in Northern Cyprus then follow the rules of that country, why look back to what you have left or will leave.

Who is telling you that you cannot go to Northern Cyprus and earn a decent honest living. Again if you follow the rules of that country, do a good job at a good price and yes, pay all your taxes, social security etc. no reason why you should not earn a living.

Listening to your many sources in Northern Cyprus can sometimes be very misleading and sometimes offensive to the natives of that country where you intend to live or are living. Recruiting from the mainland is not because the locals are lazy but because labour is cheaper. Mainland Turks have a very different lifestyle in Turkey (except from the tourist areas) and see Northern Cyprus as a very good place to earn higher wages.

WishtoRent has made it very clear he is a limited company and experiencing success, so, therefore, my good luck wishes still stand as I said at the end of my posting.

Lastly I hope that when you eventually arrive/go to Northern Cyprus it will have some calming effect on you that obviously the UK has not been able to do.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Cyprus isHome, I think we must have been writing at the same time and it seems that we have come to a similar conclusion regarding the mainland turkish workers.

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Cyprusishome and Dalortokat, Thank you for your comments both very valid. I was quoting what many locals in Cyprus have told me, when I say locals I mean Turkish Cypriots. I am not looking to upset anybody...far from it. And before anybody starts thinking Im prejudice or racist Im not Im a realist and I have very close Turkish, Turkish Cypriots, Greek, Italien, Irish, Polish, Indian, West Indian and more friends.

I am looking to start a new life and enjoy life in beautiful Cyprus. I will go through the correct channels.....After all I want to work...Not laze around and hope for handouts. But it takes time, effort and money to get established.

I want to contribute to what I think is a unique country and up and coming developing country. This including educating and sharing my skills or even employing locals to carry out work.

I may appear a little disgruntled with my country (UK) Anybody would be and Millions are in fact fed up with the way us CITIZENS are being treated as cash cows in the UK and being treated as 2nd class Citizens in our own country.

Sorry If I offended anybody, but it was not my intention.

Best Wishes Nunu1

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Hello

I thought I'd have a little tout as like 'wish to rent' I spend a lot of time & effort giving free help and advice to fellow forum members. And I love to be able to help people, so it's done more than willingly. But would anyone like a Removal/Shipping quote ?.........

Jo Valentine

01302 729595

Nunu1

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Jo Valentine, YES actually I would like a shipping quote. I will e-mail you off line on your e-mail address..........

Cheers.....Nunu1

Atlas

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Nunu1 areyou sure that the TRNC is the place for you??

Everyone has the God given right to be racist and xenophobic in their OWN country and slag of their OWN government and its policices, but to have a go at the population of your future host country before you arrive will not work in your favor, I live in the City that is Lefkosa and like any other capital city it is thriving with all the business's one would associate with a financial capital, who work in these offices? yes you have guessed right.... Turkish Cypriots!!

Jo Valentine I will contact you off-line business is business!!! and try not to quote him "happy" LOL

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

hi guys

i thought i would say my 2 pence worth

yes it is true and you have every right to complain about the work system in the u.k but dont blame the foreigners working legally or illegally because firstly its the british governments fault for letting a influx of imigrants into the country then secondly blame the buisness owners for giving these jobs to foreigners because if there were not company owners willing to offer jobs to foreigners then there would be no foreign workers, then last but not least blame society because our young generation has the mentality of im not getting out of bed for x amount a day they would rather claim job seekers allowance and the benifts that come with it also its a proven fact that most workers from abroad do work longer hours and for half the money our british workers work for and do a good job too, whick leads me on to cypriot companies the reason they employ workers from turkey especially in the construction game is because they work all the hours god sends no breaks (they eat while they work) and also they work for half the money (a top tradesman in turkey earns max 50ytl for a full day, the cypriot workers are not lazy but they have adopted the mentality they will only work a set amount of hours and for x amount of money, thats why when i speak to a lot of turkish mainlanders they say they are going to work in cyprus better conditions!!!!

on to the fact about expats working, turkey and cyprus both encourage foreign investment and workforce because they feel they teach and show how a worforce with a system works as long as you are all legit (which goes in any country) and the ones who complain about this is mostly the ones who want to work illegally on one hand they complain about the foreigners working illegally and not paying taxes in the u.k then they want to work illegally in their adopted country double standards or what, and come on what percentage did actually declare all of their monies earned in the u.k and rip the tax man off!!!

now finally on to the people who are discussing about advertising on the forum, me being a moderator on this forum have never discouraged people in advertising or reconmending a service to any of the members cos at the end of the day thats what these forums are here for to help people either it be advice or knowing someone who has provided a good service or work and you are just forwarding their particulars for the people interests, just sometimes i have had to say to posters go a bit easy on constant daily blantant advertising otherwise i will take action lol!!!! because thats how this forum survives is from advertising and this would not be fair to izzet the owner of this site it is a labour of love for him in helping people via this forum but im sure he does not want to keep paying out of his own pocket to keep it running!!!!

ok had my say now!!!! lol

warm regards to all

ukturk

Nunu1

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

UKTurk thank you for your comments always interesting and constructive.

Atlas, If you read my comments CAREFULLY, I am merely quoting what I have been told by several local people. I really do wish people would read details properly.

Messages can sometimes be misconstrued over text, I am friendly and professional guy and normaly make friends not enimies.

Again I am sorry if I have offended anybody, this was not intentional.

AND BY the way Atlas, I noticed that you have witheld most information about yourself on the sign up to this site! So what are you hiding and what do you do for a living?

Nunu1

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.