North Cyprus Tourist Board - Property Problems in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Property Problems in TRNC

Property Problems in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
06/01/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

For anyone that does not live here or read CT there are 3 interesting articles posted on HBPG - http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/prelease.html

We know Don & Sheila Vango and are so angry at how this is developing. They have won their case but builder is appealing and states other solicitors here are mistified why he lost. Of course they are mistified, the system is so rigged they do not normally loose.

This man is loaded, he is even now crying cos he has lost trade at his restaurant through this case and bad publicity. Polar Restaurant, avoid like the plague. This man has destroyed the lives of the Vango family.

There are 4 stories in all. But other I will mention again, selling homes on e-bay!!!!! You all know how many have been ripped off, imagine what will happen with even less comeback on e-bay. There is no legal protection. Personal view, do not come on any of these forums if you buy and all goes wrong.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/01/2010 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Don & Sheila worked tirelessly for the HBPG, giving up there time for free to help thousands of people with property problems. They deserve our support because of it. If you look at the headlines relating to property issues over the last few years, sadly, very little has changed. The laws and appliance of the laws have let them, and many others, down. It's cost them their wealth and their health. Short term greed has far reaching consequences on the whole country's economy and reputation. The strategy to wear people down so they give up due to financial reasons, poor health, or even death is nothing to be proud of. Progress and positive change will not happen under these circumstances. Things need to change now. Today.

Sibel

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
06/01/2010 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

In message 1 the builder concerned also owns Polar Foods many supermarkets their products

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Would be nice to do a "ban" on this villains products.

However based on past experience here there would be 2 people taking part, me and Sibel!!!!!!

Those that know Don & Sheila just want to see justice done, then may be other such villains can be tackled.

No disrespect to our friends at APAG but they get the high profile, all the one offs are left to fight alone beating a path on a weekly basis to see Marain at Pia Bella and then the round of bureaucratic offices. And all making little progress.

There is a small group that support HBPG and I am sure that if they knew people would turn out they would stand outside the villains resaurant every day and night if needs be to ensure everybody knew what an evil person he is.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Again this is another shameful indictment of the 'legal' system in the TRNC. If you have wealth and 'connections' you are literally untouchable. In a recent article in the papers, the government pledged their unstinting support for expats, this is a good case where they can visibly demonstrate this support.

I don't know Don and Sheila and can only imagine the stress and worry that they are going through. I truly hope that they are able to achieve their aim and that this individual is brought to justice. In the meantime, people can vote with their feet and never patronise his establishment again.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Seems the story of Hans and his spat with Nigel is more important than people lives.

They are 2 kids scoring points off each other over several years with both being the looser.

scruff

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

I knew Ismael Beydola quite well & used to consider him a friend. After I heard what he'd been up to & when he lost the court case, that he said he would keep appealing to ensure that the case would continue indefinately, then I have boycotted his restaurant & Polar products ever since. I do know that he has been accused of building sub standard houses & has a judgment against him.

As has been said above, he has plenty of money. This does not seem to matter with TCs.

We have a similar issue with our landowner. He has plenty of money too but his only wish in life is to take Brits to the cleaners. These bastards seem to think we are all cash cows to be milked.

One day what goes around will come around as far as they are concerned.

I'm sure most people on the East side know all about the Vango v Beydola case. Please ensure that newcomers are aware too. His restaurant & more importantly his food business needs a total boycott. This is the only way to fight back against the b*sta*ds.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Message 6 Cyprus is Home

Please don't make snide comments about Hans whn you certainly do not know all the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this thread has nothing to do with them.

Back on thread when I hear other peoples stories my heart goes out to them and I thank god the day we found our builder, no problems. Yes i do realise how lucky we are.

Chris

malsancak

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

scruff, "...I have boycotted his restaurant & Polar products ever since"

Personally, I believe only actions like these will ever force the construction industry to change. The legal system has proved itself to be useless from the start. The problem is that apathy and lack of leadership will mean that direct action would probably fail.

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

On our extended visits to North Cyprus we never purchase any Polar products

scruff

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

The trouble with no end of Cyprus builders is that they were & are not. They just saw it as an opportunity to make loads o money, employing cheap labour & building poor quality houses. These people have not done the few good & honest builders here any favours. I'm really surprised that these good builders haven't policed their own industry better & got rid of the bad apples. Why were these builders allowed to join the constructors assn. in the first place?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 2 Great posting Sibel. Its time we stood up and allowed ourselves to be counted.

Lets hear it for the good guys! Its time we stood up to this unfairness and demanded our rights!

wynyardman

Lilli

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

I do not know Don and Sheila. I read the story yesterday. AS Another who has lost wealth and health I do sympayise with them. However we do buisness with polar foods and I did not make the connection. Now I have and will not be doing anymore with them. Wyn so glad to se you backxxxxxxxx So much is going on now to ruin p[peoples lives we need to make a stand and show that we will not tolerate it.

scruff

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Liz

Please tell all your colleagues, customers & friend to do the same. Let's hit these people where it really hurts. In their wallets.

I have also heard that Beydola has ensured that his assets cannot be touched by transferring them to other family members. This is a typical ploy that these people use. They turn round & say they have no money!!

Lilli

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

hi scruff i certainly will, they all seem to be above the law which is no law as it stands, Supposed to follow british rule. How many barristers here went to the Inns Greys or Lincolns. Two that I know of but they do not uphold it so sad x

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

msg 8.

Unfortunatley I do know the two protagonisits for a lot longer than you. I hope that events of yesterday will resolve things finally.

The point I made was that the only thing people seem to talk about are these two and Mark. Unfortuantley after 4 years of fighting, apathy rules over the problem of home buying. May sound bitter and cynical, I am but wife and I still turn out to help where we can. Would even volounteer for your great cause but cannot for personal reasons commit more than days in advance.

Liz,

The law is based on British Law????? We went to the seminar thing held by bar ass. in November and they made that point and handed out a couple of documents relating to law. Date on them - 1959!!!!!!!!!! So they have no or little relevance to law as most of us know it.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.