North Cyprus Tourist Board - Registering Water and Electric
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Registering Water and Electric

Registering Water and Electric

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Can anyone please help. We have bought an apartment and I know that the water and electricity have to registered in person but my question is this. The apartment is owned jointly with my wife. Can I alone register the utilities or do we both have to be there?

Any help greatly appreciated

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Yes you can,take the contracts and your passport with you.There would be around 1000 liras deposit for electric,for water,its not alot,dough I dont know how much.

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

So it's definately ok for just me to go even though she is also on the ownership paperwork

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

They dont care,as long as someone pays the bills.

YeniTom

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Yes it should be ok. I co own but it's my name on the electric and water. I can't remember it being as high as that for the electric - I thought about 67GBP, but as I say I can't remember.

Keep the paperwork for the electric because as I understand it you buy the meter and when you leave you will get that money back.

Also I set up direct debits through a TRNC (Iskele) bank so the bills are paid ok. It is very expensive to get re connected. I top up on the bank's internet banking.

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Many thanks. I already have an account at HSBC in Girne. I presume I will be able to use this to pay the bills?

YeniTom

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Yes that should be fine too. I was with them before we moved banks. They will be able to set up the direct debits and I know for certain that they have an internet account that you can sign up for and it's in English. The only thing I can't be sure of is electronically transferring money to the account from the UK. I only did it a couple of times and it had to be done by bank transfer/ international transfer which cost quite a bit. By the way, HSBC over here is not the same HSBC over there and they were dearer to transfer the money.

The bank I'm with now are brilliant. I transfer money to a UK account electronically, they pick it up and transfer it over to TRNC and convert to YTL - if it's into that account - and I don't pay any charges.

Tom

leethemille

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Tom

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.