North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Member
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Member

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Lost Pom

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi all, just joined the forum although been reading it for some time now.

Have bought a property in Turquoise Bay which is just finished and will be coming out at the beginning of July for a holiday and to kit it out. Wondered if someone could advise are the electrical sockets 3 pin same as UK?

I am a fan of IKEA and know that there is a branch in southern Cyprus, what is the best way to shop there and bring anything back to NC? Will have a hire car when we are there but know the problems with getting over the border

Appreciate any help!

monkey

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi lost pom,

I have purchased on turquoise bay too - all the sockets are 3 pin. I brought elctrical stuff over and everything has been fine!

If you get stopped at the border with purchases over a certain amount I think you may get charged - but some of the other guys on this forum will be able to clarify.

Good luck shopping and if you have time for a drink you are welcome to come over for one or two as I am also visiting in July.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

If you shop in the South you are allowed to bring back 135 Euro worth of goods per person tax free. If you buy more then factor in paying 30% import duty however you may not get stopped at all. We have been twice to Ikea and not stopped once despite car being full.

You cannot take a hire car from the North to the South so you will need to find some other form of transport.

Happy shopping!

Lost Pom

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks for the info seems like will have to do the majority of IKEA shopping before leaving and get as much in the suitcases as possible!

From reading the forum seems that Kings bar is the place to be so will be having a few drinks maybe see you there monkey?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.