North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is there anyone in North Cyprus that builds and fly's model aircraft
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is there anyone in North Cyprus that builds and fly's model aircraft

Is there anyone in North Cyprus that builds and fly's model aircraft

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

pipebender

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Is there anyone out there interested in the hobby.

Vidal

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

There is a shop on the right in the road that leads up to GAU.

Sells all sorts of remote control things. Maybe they can point you in the direction of people that do?

elkiton

Message Posted:
07/01/2010 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi there, brought several vintage RC planes nad engines with me but have not flown for about 15 years, still its 2010 now! Glow fuel in North Nicosia is about 50E a can,watch the prices they are pretty horrendous because of import taxes....its 25 max in the south for the same item, and there are 2 good model shops in Nicosia south, plus Pafos etc.

TonyE

pipebender

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for the info Tony i found one shop in North Nicosia but his prices were very high, i got one model from him but i'll bring anything else from the uk in future. I will have to get directions for the shops in the south and have a look at them. I have a good flying site where i live so will keep in touch.

Thank you.

Tony.

elkiton

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

The hobby market in the South is much bigger and does support far more shops than the North.When I went to Polis last month for a short stay, the local model shop, which was mending a pushchair at the time lol was worth a mooch around. Definitely bring all out with you. Model aircraft these days in not a cheap hobby and you will save hundreds of £'s. I went on a spending spree and bought new RC 2.4G gear, a couple of engines and enough balsa and couplings and kits to keep me going for a year or two! But, being an ass forgot to buy spare props!!!!!

I though in retirement I would have time to build and fly,but am still trying to fit all into the day. Yes do keep in touch especially of you turn up any more shops in say Larnaca. I go through Pyla a couple of times a year which is close.

TonyE

skybluesam

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hello, there is a group that regularly fly model planes on the old airstrip in Catalkoy, why dont you pay them a visit?

Nick

pipebender

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks Nick, i will keep an eye on on it.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.