North Cyprus Tourist Board - petrol prices --- the motorist fights back
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > petrol prices --- the motorist fights back

petrol prices --- the motorist fights back

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

see what you thinkand pass it on if you agree with it . its a bit long winded but worth it

we are hitting the 123.9 a litrein some areas now , soon we will be faced with paying 200 a ltr , philip hollsworth offered this good idea .

this makes much more sensethan don't buy petrol on a certain day campaignthat was going round last april or may ! the oil companies just laughed at that becausethey knew we would'nt continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol . it was more an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them , but , whoever thought of this idea , has come up with a plan that can really work. please read it and join in .

now that the oil companies and the opec nationshave conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is cheap , we need to take aggressive actionto teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. with the price of petrol going up more each day , we consumers need to take action. the only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in their pocket by not purchasing their petrol !! and we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. here,s the idea:

for the rest of this year DON'T purchase any petrol from the two biggest oil companies { which are now one }ESSO and BP.

if they are not selling any petrol , they will be inclined to reduce their prices . if they reduce their prices , the other companies will have to follow suit . but to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of ESSO and BP petrol buyers. it's really simple to do !!

i'm sending this note to a lot of people , if each of you send it to at least 10 more {30 x 10 = 300 } and those 300 send it to at least 10 more { 300 x 10 =3000 } and so on , by the time the message reaches the 6th generation of people we will have reached over 3,000,000 consumers ! if those 3,000,000 get excited and pass it on to 10 friends,each , then 30,000,000 people will have been contacted , if it goes on 1 level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION people !!!!!!

again , all you have to do is send this to 10 people. thats all { and not buy at ESSO / BP garages . acting togetherwe can make a difference , if this makes sense to you please pass it on , PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO 69p A LITRE RANGE , it's easy to make it happen just forward this e-mail and buy your petrol at SHELL , ASDA , TESCO ,SAINSBURY'S , MORRISONS JET ect ie BOYCOTT BP AND ESSO

give it a try it might just work , regards , simbas

ttoli

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Simbas, think you'll find that BP supply the supermarkets in the 1st place.

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

hi ttoli , i was under the impression that the supermarkets buy their petrol from the same refineries as esso/bp , and that its the additives that differentiate between the branded products and the supermarket product which are not as good a quality as esso/ bp . is that wrong then ?

regards , simbas

brian24001

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

I have worked in the oil and gas industry for over 25 years, beleive me, it is cheap, and I can prove it.

Never mind purchaser power, if the refining companies, the ones with the real power, and the crude pproducing nations swithched of the taps for just a week, then held an auction, you would see the true worth of fuel, and beleive be, it would be well in excees of the £2 a litre you mention, and the $200 a barrel would be surpased instantly.

Bottom line - we ain't makin any more.

As for not buying a certain companies petrol they would just divert more to their altenative outlets (Asda/tesco etc) and nothing changes, and the overall consumption would remain the same.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

hi brian24001 , so its not worth doing it then is it ?

regards , simbas

brian24001

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Simbas,

You can try anything you want, bottom line is, if the yUK doesn't buy the crude, China and India will. There it will sell, with lower taxes collected by the government.

Trouble is you see, the yUK is heamouraging money in the direction of all but it's own needy, as petrol goes up so does the revenue collected by the treasury. If the govmt played fair (er hello it's Labour!!) they would have a fixed pice in duty per litre, not a percentage, then they could absolve themselves of blame on the price increase. Truth is though, they need the extra cash, so it's in their interest to have the higher prices, and they can't afford a cut.

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

FOLKS...Please read my Fuel prices insane note...

Thanks

Nunu1

eager

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Simbas, sounds like pyramid selling...

smoggyjim

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 05:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

It's not the oil companies fault it is the government tax on the fuel, get them to reduce the tax,

Smoggyjim

simbas

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 06:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

it was just an e-mail that was sent to me by a friend , who works with the person who came up with the idea { who is an oncologist } who has no other interest than to try and reduce the cost of petrol somehow , he does come up with some ideas !! we have already signed petition to downing st , but now its been pointed out to me i can see what you mean about the government tax , all i got out of it was a sore finger

regards , simbas

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

top and bottom is we are all paying for bush and his mates war on terror .

with billiuons being poured into terror action and wars in middle east who do you think is paying for it with large taxes imposed worldwide ?

also why does mr bush hold 700 million gallon of crude in the usa under storage system in case ther is a shortage and now is building another plant .

in uk yesterday diesal at 134.9 per litre ,this product has taken over from petrol as more people in uk drive diesal cars .so it sbrand has been repositioned accordingly by oil companies and government taxes .

nowt we can do

brian24001

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

only way to actually acheive anything would be 'people power' for example, on a particular day, everyone, without exception shouldnot use a motorised vehicle, only exception being the 3 emergency services, but it needs 'everyone' to do it, no school run, no milk delieverd, no driving to the supermarket, no-one even going to work, including I would say power station workers, etc, i.e. shut the whole place down for just a day, and if no progress, 2 days the following week. News would spread worldwide within the first hour, other countries would follow suit. only problem is, the government would hold out (at the tax paters expense) for a long time, remember the miners?

Where this fails however is that the UK population doesn't have the resove for anyhting like this, how often do you hear "it's not that bad" "things are ok here"? meanwhile the prices continue to go up, and the daily stabbings continue.

I am afraid the yUK is, in my opinion finished, writtent off by 10 years of 'do as I say, not as I do' incompetence.

Just my thoughts an opinion.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Hi All,

There is nothing we can do about fuel prices.

It is argued that some 30% of the current cost is speculators. Pension funds and hedge funds.

The Government takes about 50% in duty then on top of that VAT.

Gordon Brown and this motley bunch need more tax from us not less, we are in that much financial difficulty. Then theres the PFI debt, which is "off balance sheet (hidden from the public gaze) In short Great Britain Ltd, is virtually bankrupt, as we enter a world recession.

Brown has held the financial reins of this Country for over 10 years, SO THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME. HE HAS NO REMIT FROM UK PUBLIC TO GOVERN US. Put to an election

he would dissapear from the radar.

Now Tony Blair is a world leader. Invade Iraq (without reason) Cosy up to Bush (watch Iran

before I leave office) Lucrative jobs (1 day a week) with huge American Financial Institutions

after dinner speeches. Hows it go...The working Class may kiss my.........., I've got the foremans job at last!. NEW LABOUR. THEY HAVE RUN THIS COUNTRY INTO THE GROUND

I would have a G&T but hes just put the tax up on that also......Shameful

Brian 24001 is spot on, at least hes out of it in The TRNC.

Rant over.......THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO OTHER THAN EMIGRATE.!

wynyardman

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Hi All,

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY OIL AND COMMODITY (FOOD)PRICES ARE GOING

THROUGH THE ROOF.................. go to

Rense.com..........scroll down to ........THE GREAT OIL SWINDLE.......by Mike Witney

wyn

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.