North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fund raising to stop the dog poisoning
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fund raising to stop the dog poisoning

Fund raising to stop the dog poisoning

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

HildySmith

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 01:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Hi

I posted a topic last year about a raffle which I set up here in the UK. I told my local pet shop owner about the problems with the dog poisoning and that I wanted to buy some muzzels which she sold which had solid fronts which would prevent the dogs from picking up poisoned meat. She suggested I started a raffle and she would run it in her shop Kutz 4 Mutz in Great Lumley - which she did. I then visited a pub in Chester Le Street called the Butchers Arms (recommend it highly) and she asked if we could take a book in there (that was the Thursday before Christmas) The pet shop gave a large zipped bed, I made up a Christmas hamper, bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine and a customer came in and gave a box of Roses. The raffle was drawn on 23/12/09 and we raised £205. Then the dog bed prizewinner went to pick it up, and said it was such a good cause - he gave another £20 - so we have £225 for muzzles and bowls. The lady who sold the tickets in the Butchers arms won the hamper.

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 02:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

The lady who sold the tickets in the Butchers arms won the hamper.

a snippet of the last sentance of the thread.

so the lady who just happen to sell the tickets in the old yee butchers arms happend to win the hamper.WELL WASNT SHE JUST A LUCKY LADY?

now im wondering what thanks all the people that actually donated money to this cause actually get appreciated,or is it just the winnners??

Tonight at the SHAYNA Beach Club was a Example of a great fund raising charity night.

If you really put your dogs before humans,speak to KAR,im sure they will adore your hard earned money!!

brend

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 02:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

What an evil LITTLE man you are birdyblaster or can we call you a man?. Its each to their own and how do you know that Katymackem hasn't bought any raffle tickets for the fund raising at Shayna. How can you be so rude to someone that is trying to help any living creature. But then I suppose your handle says it all!!!

Brend

Jeannie

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Message 2 - OK, so the lady who sold the tickets in the butcher's shop won the hamper. So what?

What about a mention for the bloke who won the zip-up bed and donated an additional £20.00 because it was for such a good cause.

And what about a mention for the money raised?

Why don't you resume your search for dumb wildlife to kill?

Idiot.

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

i eat what i kill idiot

big cows!

im sure you know what i mean?

Jeannie

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Message 5 - no, not sure that I do.

If I remember correctly - and I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm wrong here - you believe hunting is a sport?

Well, I'll tell you what. When I see wildlife armed with guns - making it a 'fair' fight, I'll agree with you.

Please explain your point re: "Big Cows" - I am at a loss.

Thank you.

Jean

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Message 3

what is evil about him? he is just voicing his opinion,isnt that what a forum is about you evil little woman,or can we call you a woman!

Its each to their own and how do you know that Katymackem hasn't bought any raffle tickets for the fund raising at Shayna.i never once said in my post she had or hadnt .IDIOT!

who talked about buying raffle tickets?

guilty minds seem to be working overtime.

i do not need to get into a slanging matches with inferiores

good night,you are the weakest link.

idiot

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Message 6

are you a vegitarian? or vegan?or any other wonderful kind of excuse in life?

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

what a kin prikk.

how can wildlife arm itself,did you ever really see a partridge carrying a 12 gauge.wake up IDIOT

ITS CALLED LIFE.WE EAT IT .forget the dogs.lets have a mass kull.sick of seeing shite on all the roads when im driving from the stray dogs.and even more sick of listening to the shite some folk talk.

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Message 6

yes i believe unting is a sport.

please correct me if im wrong

hasnt hunting been a pass time or sport for 100s of years.even before you was hatched?

Please explain your point re: "Big Cows" - I am at a loss.

OK.big cows = plenty of meat.big fat cows =plenty of much more meat

do we understand now?

Jeannie

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Message 8 - No, I am not a vegetarian or a vegan and I would be the first to admit that, to some degree, that makes me a hypocrite. But,I would ask you, what the hell is left for you to kill and eat in NC? The wildlife has been bloody nigh desecrated.

Re: your reference to message 3. I believe she was addressing you, not a 'third person', i.e. your reference to 'him'?

Goodnight to you, also

PS Still awaiting your confirmation regarding "Big Cows". I am none the wiser, or do you mean you hunt/kill for food "Big Cows"?

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Message 6

you seem to have canged your name from message 4

in message 4 you signed your name as IDIOT

now you call yourself jean

can you please tell the forum.what must we call you? im at a loss here !

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 03:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

ive answerd BIG COWS

read between the lines

im sure it will jump out and bite you

now its you turn to answer some ?s

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 04:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

anyway.im going to my bed its 02.00am here,and some 1 wants some attension.

i suggest you also get off to your pit.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 04:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Oh dear - you really should have a look at your posts before pressing the 'send' button.

No, I don't believe 'unting' is a sport; as I said, when I see wildlife armed with weapons, then, to me it would become a sport. I mean, is it sporting for 2 boxers to go into a ring, one with gloves and one without? I don't think so. 'Sport' in my opinion, constitutes two opponents/two opposing teams on a 'level playing field'. I have not 'canged' my name, or, for that matter 'changed' it.

Just because something is called 'sport' and has been for many years, doesn't necessarily make it so. Do you think badger baiting is sport, cock fighting - because that's been called 'sport' for centuries? I daresay you also agree with fox hunting. I mean, there's nothing more sporting that a crowd of huntsmen/women with a pack of dogs marauding over the countryside for hours trying to kill a terrified fox, is there? Sporting in the extreme, I'd say. Idiot.

birdyblaster

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 04:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

idiot

your kings and queens have indulged in this sport for centuries,and sill do.whatdo you have to say to her?

im a lover of every sport

and no i shouldnt check my posts before i post.spelling mistakes are a fact of life, as so are mistakes,AFTER ALL IDIOT,OR JEAN,EVEN SOME PEOPLE ARE MISTAKES

arnt they?

susief

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 06:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Blimey, here we go again with members going off topic and insulting each other!

Can I be the first to say well done to Katymackem on her fundraising efforts - I'm sure it will be much appreciated by the recepients even if it is not appreciated by the members of this board.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Susie

Couldn't agree more. However, the only reason the thread went off topic is because of message 2, posted to provoke a response when in all honesty it doesn't deserve one.

Well done to Katey for organising the event and raising the funds.

Paul

Lilli

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

well done katy

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Where are the moderators??

This is just inane garbage from a person who obviously has had too much to drink. The thread is supposed to be about giving, but not giving insults.

Katy well done for what you did. Always embarrising when someone close to the organisation wins a prize but that's life.

Lilli

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

i agree david but at least katy is trying to help, and god knows we who care for animals need it.There really was no need for the insults xx

simbas

Message Posted:
13/01/2010 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Thread went off topic. Due to undeserved remarks made by a member . i am closing it . P lease feel free to start up this topic again . I am leaving the remarks this member posted for all to see how rude he can be and his emotive response to a serious post , which was so uncalled for

Simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.