North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pain management / alternatives please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pain management / alternatives please

Pain management / alternatives please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Management Tips

» See all North Cyprus Property Management related threads

Littlenige

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Can any one help advise on Pain management / alternatives ?

I am having severe muscle & tendon pain in my hip / thigh /groin there is no pattern to it I am trying light exercise and swimming (not strenuously) in the sea.

I am some times in agony it could be 4 am or 3 pm I know not what sets the pain off.

I am looking for advice on pain management and alternatives to drug therapy here in trnc............acupuncture, raki, reflexology; I am very open to suggestions and would welcome advice from patients or PRACTIONERS here in trnc.

wackyjim

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Hi littlenige

How about a topless massage??? might not get rid of the pain but should make it more bearable!!!

Jim

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

hi littlenige , i would get it diagnosed first , before embarking on any kind of treatment,

regards , simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

george , only you could come up with something like that !!

regards, pat

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

I have had acunpuncture before on a neck problem. I had several treatments over a period of about 2 years. It worked for me and I would highly recommend it but I know it hasnt worked for some. Worth a shot though. Are you in pain from your car accident?

smudge

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Hi LittleNige

Sorry to hear your having such hip pain. Before embarking on any alternative pain management I really recommend you having this looked at by GP. Possible x-rays and subsequent MRI could pinpoint (or discount) anything significant. You'll need to let the Dr know when it started, point of pain and sensation (grating, stabbing, dull ache etc) and whether it is exacerbated by any activity in particular. In the meantime an over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer (Ibuprofen) could take at least the edge off but the stomach side effects can be a bit "blowy" if you get my drift.

Re alternative pain management, with some individuals I work through relaxation exercises, breathing, positioning and, believe it or not distraction (but that isn't gonna help at 4 in the morning) etc. Defo see a Dr first tho - be on the safe side I always say.

Take care and good luck

Smudge

Nunu1

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Littlenige, Im not a Doctor and dont know your history, like Simbas said its best to get it professionally diagnosed first. At a guess, it sounds like the start of Arthiritis in you hip. I strongly recommend Reiki Healing if you can find a Reiki Master healer there go and see them.

Best wishes

Nunu1

Atlas

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

may sound daft but you could get some patches from the chemist that slowly release efes into the blood stream during the night or day!!!

Littlenige

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 06:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Hi all,

I ahve had it xrayed and the hip hase healed ok. the pain is all muscle and or tendon, I was on traction for 7 weeks ( 4 kilos of weight on the end of my leg) I susoect this may have somthing to do with it?

smudge

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Just a minor point that you missed! Typical bloke.....!!!

Pleased you had it checked. I know someone not too far away from me whose diagnosis of similar symptoms went from pulled muscle, to sciatica to avascular necrosis (death of the blood supply to the hip) which they found on x-ray and mri (after chiropractor input mind £££££££). Totally changes the way he handles the pain and how he takes your exercise.... and a *&!*** when you've bought a penthouse with three flights of stairs....

Try not to stretch too much (i.e. when reaching for your pint) Defo try the Efes patch or even Efes drip if the pain is reeeeally severe.

Hope you had a better night sleep and the pain lifts.

Best wishes

Smudge

CJtill

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

There are quite a few people now that do reiki and reflexology. There is a lady that lives in Alsancak and who uses Nulten Oral's (hairdressers) premises, so she can be contacted there.

Also Erhard in Catalkoy is an osteopath and he does acupuncture.

Kantara

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Hello Nige,

try Mrs Adela:

She is a massage therapist and dp pain relief.

Her building is opposite the Girne hospital.

Her number: 0542 - 8591697

Good luck

Kantara

Littlenige

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Many thanks for all the kind replies, I was put in touch with Sibel a physiotherapist in catalkoy called her and was given an appointment within the hour !!

After a chat and explanations I was examined and given a treatment of infra red heat treatment along with tens followed by an ultra sound session and massage.

It turns out when I had the crash I may have disloged / jilted a lower back joint this appears to be inflamed causing the severe pain I have been experiencing.

Sibel tested my leg strength and recommended some exercises for me to to both in and out of the sea.

Follow up treatment by appointment will be continued along with home therapys.

Once again many many thanks to all.

coxy1

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Littlenige

If your still in pain have a look at TFT. Its effective in pain relief and is mainly based on acupressure. Im am a TFT practitioner and will be arriving in Girne on 28th July. If your interested in the therapy please contact me.(its an alternative therapy recognised by the NHS and not mumbo jumbo magic!)

All the best

Coxy!

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Erhart the ciropractor at Ozenkoy has sorted my back, just pain from the mending hip now please do get in touch when yu are here, its got to be worth a try.

Thankyou

jackeen

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Its horrible being in pain, did you have a hip replacement after your accident? Just changing the thread slightly I am ialso n pain, for some reason my left leg appears to be a magnet for whatever is biting me! Just getting rid of the scars from a couple of weeks ago and now I have three more, yes they are in different places. I'm getting bite in London what chance do I have in NC? I'm out to have my legs waxed and put on some fake tan for tonight to cover the bites up. Well its that or trousers.

david9

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Hello Nige

You do not have the phone No for Sibel do you?

Having a problem myself

fire starter

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

nige

if you have a hipm problem out tc friends brother is a doctor who could possibly help you.

if your interested i can get his number?

david9

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Nige

Thanks very much ror that really appreciated. Did not know about the phone facility --really handy

Regards

irishwrath

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

pain control without drugs 101

Sit in a comfy position,breath in slowly through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth, in your mind see your pain as a lump of sugar with a stream of ants taking a grain at a time away,and imagine as each grain is taken your pain is reduced, , the breathing is the key, works better for some if they just empty their mind and think of nothing, relax as much as you can, if you tense up pain increases.

Do not hoover or sweep it is very bad for hip or groin strain.

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Does anyone have the number of Erhard the Osteopath please.

boglefan

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

If available in NC try some ti chi. It also incorporates breathing excercises to cope with pain. Hope you get some relief soon.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

After years of back pain that shows up as hip pain (I'll never understand why) I know what you are going through. Swimming can make it worse so becareful. An MRI scan is the best but remember it only shows what is happening when you are lying down!

Painkillers help but again be careful as it masks the pain making you think you can do more when infact you are doing more damage. Swimming is the Same. Less gravity so you move more but in some caes, especially the lower back, more often does more harm than good.

Sorry to say but in most cases although certain things will ease the pain, changing the way you do things is the only answer.

Make sure the water is very warm when you go in the sea, have an eye leval oven, keep warm at all times, and have plenty of efes!

Whistler

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

boglefan - agree with you about the tai chi. My cousin is a qualified teacher and she is coming over in a few weeks, unfortunately only for a week this time. Going to take advantage.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.