North Cyprus Tourist Board - [KYRENIA WALK NR. 8!] You can book now - it's free!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > [KYRENIA WALK NR. 8!] You can book now - it's free!

[KYRENIA WALK NR. 8!] You can book now - it's free!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
17/01/2010 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

I can hardly believe it, but when I came home today from the Kyrenia Walk nr. 6 - there were already emails from people asking for Kyrenia Walk nr. 8 (nr. 7 on Sunday January 24 is fully booked already)! Good, I'll do it.

Announcing here: (free) historical KYRENIA WALK nr. 8 on Sunday, January 31. Reservations can only be made via email (don't forget to tell me for how many people you make your reservation): mcf.trnc@gmail.com . You'll receive a confirmation with the program and other details via email.

Thank you for your interest in old, walled Cerennes (one of the medieval names for Kyrenia/Girne) - one of the most beautiful pearls in the medieval crown of Cyprus!

roisin

Message Posted:
17/01/2010 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Was on the walk today and it was so interesting. Thankyou so much Hans

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Dear all: NO more emails with reservations, please! The Kyrenia Walk nr. 8 (really the last one) is FULLY BOOKED.

nareik

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Hans,

the walk sounds very interesting. Well done to you. I will be in Kyrenia week beginning Friday 19th February - will you be conducting any walks at any time during that week?

Nareik

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

RE msg 4: Nareik, I'm busy planning/organising walks in other towns (Famagusta, North & South Nicosia) and a series of talks on medieval Cyprus (and some repeats). RE Kyrenia: I take a break, before it becomes a habit to get up early on Sunday mornings...

For you and others who want to be informed about forthcoming events and activities of the "MEDIEVAL CYPRUS FELLOWSHIP (MCF)": send an email to mcf.trnc@gmail.com . I'll add your email address to the MCF mailing list and you'll read about MCF walks & talks regularly. The MCF mailing list is absolutely confidential and your email address will never be used for anything else than sending you MCF information (free). And you can opt out any time you wish. What more can I do?

nareik

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Many thanks Hans. I'll e-mail you as suggested.

Keep up the good work. And no, there's not a lot more that you can do!

Regards,

Nareik

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Do you do these walks all year round or only in the cooler months?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

RE msg 7, Sandcastle: I only planned to do one walk in Kyrenia, hoping that some people would show some interest in this medieval town. To my surprise so many people wanted to join that we're now going to do Kyrenia Walk nr. 8! Even when it rained like in Holland (and the UK...) I didn't dare to postpone the walk, because the (mainly British) participants were determined to show that lousy weather could not disturb their Sunday. But. I think that's enough for now - there are so many other places in TRNC deserving a visit with an explanation! And that's what I have in mind.

=> And a kind warning: now that I've found out that more people than expected are interested - I announce forthcoming walks and talks first to people who joined (free) the MEDIEVAL CYPRUS FELLOWSHIP (MCF) and give them priority to join these walks and talks. Interested? Mail me at mcf.trnc@gmail.com and you'll be on the MCF mailing list.

Maz

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

I hope that my write up in Cyprus Observer this week doesn't mean you have to do 102 of these walks. I have bravely suggested yu might do Number 9!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Dear Marion (thank you for your support in the 'Observer' columns): the Netherlanders (Dutch) have a very funny habit: when they say "eight walks and finished" they really mean "eight walks and finished".

Maz

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

AAAAAh - gerroff, Hans, you know you have far too big a heart to turn down the man y others who are queuing up to share your expertise and fab knowledgeof this fab town.

I am not a gambling lady, but I bet you 50kouros you just might bend to public demand.

What you do is great for so many people. Thanks.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Having been on a Hans walk around Kyrenia, in the pouring rain, he does a superb job. Maybe it is time the tourist board (LOL) took him on and paid him.

I can understand that Hans & Trix may be getting a little tired of same thing for 9 weeks so a rest and a move to Gazi Magusa would be great for us. Then return to Girne later.

May be if we all shouted loud enough to the authorities they would take Hans & Trix onto their payroll and charge a reasonable amount, as in any other city on the planet, there would be a real bonus for the tourist trade. Marian, do you have any influence on the powers that be at the Observer to push that as a suggestion.

Corbo

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Hope the weather clears for Sunday for you. I await the Famagusta walk.

Francesca

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

I would like to book a place please (1)

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

RE msg 14, Francesca: (...) I would like to book a place please (1) (...)

=> I don't believe this. Yoa are nr. 7 only this Saturday, which makes it 31 new reservations after I announced that the eighth walk is FULLY BOOKED. May I kindly ask you to read the posts above? The Kyrenia Walk nr. is FULLY BOOKED. There are NO PLACES LEFT and this is the last walk for the time being. Really: FULLY BOOKED.

=> I only accept reservations for next events (Walks & Talks) by the MEDIEVAL CYPRUS FELLOWSHIP via email, which I can check for bogus reservations. Believe me I have a good reason for this...

Mail me at mcf.trnc@gmail.com , your email address will be added to the MCF mailing list and you'll be informed about all forthcoming MCF events and activities. When you are on the mailing list you have priority to participate in the future walks.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Maybe an intentional double post will help..?

RE msg 14, Francesca: (...) I would like to book a place please (1) (...)

=> I don't believe this. You are nr. 7 only this Saturday, which makes it 31 new reservations after I announced that the eighth walk is FULLY BOOKED. May I kindly ask you to read the posts above? The Kyrenia Walk nr. 8 (Sunday, January 31) is FULLY BOOKED. There are NO PLACES LEFT and this is the last walk for the time being. Really: FULLY BOOKED.

=> I only accept reservations for next events (Walks & Talks) by the MEDIEVAL CYPRUS FELLOWSHIP via email, which I can check for bogus reservations. Believe me I have a good reason for this...

Mail me at mcf.trnc@gmail.com , your email address will be added to the MCF mailing list and you'll be informed about all forthcoming MCF events and activities. When you are on the mailing list you have priority to participate in the future walks.

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Oh dear Hans, people seem to think you are 'Double Dutch' in all you say. But you are certainly becoming deeply loved and wanted. Could it be because you are 'free'!

But it does show how what you do is greatly appreciated, and I think it would be agreat idea for the tourist board to employ you - apart from the legal problems. But never mind, even if you don't get money, you have public acclaimd and a reward awaiting you when you get to heaven. (whether you believe it or not!)

maxnkev

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Hi. We are coming to TRNC on the 4th Feb for a week and was wondering if you would be doing one of your walks during that week, if so I would be intertested to join

Many thanks

Max

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

RE msg 18, maxnkev: I have emailed you.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

RE msg 19, maxnkev: Email to this address (from your profile) failed: maxinemcevoy@imperial.nhs.uk . If you want to receive the specific information as requested in your message - mail me at mcf.trnc@gmail.com . Thank you.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.