North Cyprus Tourist Board - What price religion -Habul Hanza of the roc Chrysostomos II
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What price religion -Habul Hanza of the roc Chrysostomos II

What price religion -Habul Hanza of the roc Chrysostomos II

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

wanderer

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

http://beta.cyprus-mail.com/features/when-church-weighs-sledgehammer/20100124

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Very interesting article! Not much seems to have changed in the South since Makarios or the days when the Ottoman Turks found it very necessary to hang some bishops. The "Holy Church" in the South will ruin a possible solution to the Cyprus problem (again) - which after all was started and supported by a bunch of unholy 'men of god' and some military adventurers.

Maz

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

I felt compelled to post a response to that article, because I feel disgusted that the church should misuse its power and message for purposes of oppression! The guy who started it all talked of love, peace, forgiveness etc, etc, which the church has overlooked.

As I said to some friends 'When the church prays -forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them that tresspas against us - are they referring to Larnaca airport, the power stations, roads and hospitals which are on former TClands?' Or do they not even believe in forgiveness, but vengeance.

Warped way of propogating truth!

Groucho

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Habul Hanza would like it known that he is no relation to Abu Hamza the mad ex-nightclub bouncer turned venomous 'cleric' of notorious repute.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 08:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

“Of course the Church must offer guidance in spiritual and intellectual matters…and our country’s political situation falls under that category. There’s a fine line: yes, the Church should have a say in political affairs, but at the same time it should not be political. By that I mean it should not be partisan or reflect the views of certain quarters. The Church must cater to all of its flock, not a part of it.”

Unfortunately, this gobbledegook is typical of officers in any organised religion. Why MUST it offer guidance, who is qualified to offer that guidance, why should the church have a say in political affairs, and how on earth can a "say" in political affairs not be political?! It should not be partisan?! Is he kidding? And the last statement about catering to all of its flock, not a part of it? Is he trying to claim that some of his flock aren't GCs? Perhaps even some may be TCs?? Gobbledegook.

This is just one further example of how organised religion can be a Very Bad Thi

Troodo

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Another shock for the EU, they thought they had let a Christian state into the club.

rigsby

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Religion, A stick to beat the working man.

Maz

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Hi there, Rotto Lover - as one who was attached to the church at Freo, I know what you are saying.

It really makes me sad, sad, sad, that the messageof the church is misconstrued, misrepresented, and misguided.

Someone has buried truth and replaced it with political expedience. I guess, if you read the words of Jesus - some poor bloke who walked all over the land telling people how tolive their lives in LOVE, you might see just how different his thinking was to that of today's representatives of him.

Shame - innit? So when are we going to have coffee together in The Dome, Freo???

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

The world wants to be cheated (Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur") - and "the next life" is a moneymaking, popular subject. And this is for Marions: (...) some poor bloke who walked all over the land telling people how to (...). He was just one of the many like-minded before and after him. The result: Sing and praise on Sunday, cheat on Monday, eh? I feel fine in the company of Friedrich Nietzsche.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry Marion, but I'd rather read the words of Richard Dawkins...he seems to make much better sense.

If you are in Freo at the same time as we are, I'd love a strong flat white with you, even in the Dome...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.