North Cyprus Tourist Board - Latest statement from the weary Orams
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Latest statement from the weary Orams

Latest statement from the weary Orams

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Maz

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

"We are in communication with the authorities in the north and are trying tocomply with the judgement for both ourselves and the property , and we will hope for a fair and just decision."

For further info, they are worn out having put their possessions in store, so they complied with the request to 'stop tresspassing'. They are now waiting for the order from U.K which will give them 14 days to comply with the Judgement , and in the mean time have applied to the Government here for permission to demolish the property. Which, of course will not be given, and although they stated that fact in U.K, it is still required.

At least then, they are not in contempt of court. However, the question of what ensues is still a bit of a cliff hanger. Should the government here take the property over, then Mr Apostolides willhave to sue Talat et al, and this of course would then afford recognition that the TRNC exists! Something the RoC is unwilling to do - as the description remains as 'occupi

Maz

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

sorry (can someone please give us more space for our 'ramblings'?) ....... 'occupied territory'.

The Government have had meetings galore and of course Mr Moon is in Cyprus this week-end, and it will be interesting as to what input that has in the equation.

For the Orams, they are just sothankful for all the support they have received, and I for one wish them a nice peaceful few days to recover some sense of equilibrium of living. I am sure you all do as well.

newlad

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Certainly do Marie B.Its such a sorry and sad state of affairs considering that they bought the villa in good faith.I cant imagine what they must be going through.We all know that they wont knock the villa down,and why should they.The whole episode leaved me with a bad taste in my mouth.The words "kangaroo court" spring to mind,

Paul.

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Marie I do not know them but my heart bleeds for them. They have remained optomistic and are an inspiration to us all. Paul we all feel like you it has affected everything this last week ask any british buisness. I wish them all the luck in the world. I hope they sell thier story and let the world see what a sham it all is xxx

millzer

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Unless I am missing something fundamental here. I don't understand WHY Turkey and the TC's over the years have not pushed and pushed the international community to understand that the ROC is not the legitimate gov't for the whole of Cyprus, and has not been since 1963 when the TC's were pushed out (or walked out depending on who you believe)

As far as I understand (and I do stand to be corrected) under the 1960 constitution the newly independant gov't of Cyprus had to be made up of X number of GC's and X number of TC's in order for it to be true to the constitution and thus function legally as it was set up. When the TC's left the building surely that constitution became null & void and therefore could not be recognised as the controlling body for the whole community.

It therefore follows that the GC's alone have no right to make rules and decisions about Cyprus as a whole whether they are in effective control of the north or not cont'd

millzer

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

cont'd

and by the same token surely the courts in the south have no legal standing either, because the gov't that employ them to enforce the laws is not functioning as per the constitution, so how could they possibly possibly rule on the Orams case???

Hector

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

They may not be able to knock their villa down but what good is that to them? They can't use or occupy it. If the government takes it over, they can't let it to someone vunerable to being sued i.e who has assets in the EU. You can be sure Mr A will be keeping tabs.

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

lots of questions but the answers change along with the consitution by the seem of it. I read Elkos post earlier and it states the whole island is in the EU, it sems only when it suits xx

rowlo

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

they got theyre enosis the day they were allowed into the EU on the back of greece , it should never been allowed ? EU is discriminating against turkey because theyre muslim , but he who laughs last laughs longest , turkey will partition , plenty more trade to be done with china russia japan etc etc , and lets not forget usa ,

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

you are so right rowlo, they will be defunct with the lot of has beens running it now xx

rowan

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

just to say that I hope the Orams can manage to have a few days of stress-free relaxation before the next stage of this disgraceful saga.

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

hi rowan so do i with all my heart. THey have shown so much dignity when faced with adversity. I look up to them and hold them in the highest esteem. Good luck to the both of them I know karma will prevail.This is not going away for a long time but anyone who can smile in the face of adversity will come out a winner xxxxx

Maz

Message Posted:
28/01/2010 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

With refernece to the earlier comment about the Constitution here, there are those that say that the RoC are operating illegally because they have broken the Constiution, but no one is listening. You are correct in saying that it was meant to have both GC's and TC's and thus by cutting out the TC's, technically the document must be invalid.

Hopefully now people are starting to shout, and let's hope the world hears and let's hope that the true history of the island is made known . Maybe the Orams' publicity will give a chance for the truth to be known, and that although they are pawns in a political game, they could also be used as a tool for truth.

I am glad their backs are broader than mine.

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Heard they have been offered a villa by the TRNC gov't wonder if they will take up the offer? interesting they have put there possesions in store is that in readiness to ship to the UK ? or do they hold a glimmer of hope on another property in the TRNC .to early to tell I would imagine . A couple made of strong stuff I wish them the very best they sure deserve it !!

tattlad

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 02:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

What exactly have the TRNC government said about all this ? maybe it's time for them to show how they claim to guarentee the deeds, and have the Orams thought about claiming from whoever sold them the land ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.