North Cyprus Tourist Board - What will the Orams do next?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What will the Orams do next?

What will the Orams do next?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

This is a very interesting link:

http://www.wellestates.com/orams_planning_permission.htm

Lilli

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

very interesting bill, they should go back and sell thier story to the highest bidder and tell the world xx

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Interesting read as far as the Orams case is concerned.

On another sunject - I like their claim at the bottom that they will pay any compensation in the future should a claim be made on the land/property at some stage. Either they build on ex-GC land or they build on Pre-74 Turkish title land. I am pressuming they build on ex-GC land, otherwise they would have stated they only build on Turkish land and there would be no need for a company 'Guarantee', so there is the same possibilty that a claim could be made on their properties as any property from any other developer.

No good if in a few years time the company is no longer - the 'Guarantee' will mean nothing!

In any case - if they refused to pay, then you would have to, as the case is against you. You would then need to take Wellington to court regarding their agreement with you.

I have to say that I think the chance of any cliam, on any property, is slim - IMO.

G

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I thought the bullet points numbered 1,2,3 were very interesting to say the least.

Maz

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Is this to inform the public, or to advertise their business. The main message I got was 'Come and buy from us!' - maybe because I knew all the other stuff.

Sorry!

Hector

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Clever marketing ploy though. Appear to be upfront about the Orams case yet not actually stating the title of the land they are building villas on. Then as pointed out offer a guarantee without stating what title the land is, other than saying that they have bought & paid for the land and have the title deeds. This guarantee appears to be limited to 10 years and again as pointed out, what use is a guarantee in North Cyprus? What does 'we are so confident of the integrity of the land we own ...' mean? likewise 'and we make extensive enquiries into the history of the land before we purchase..'

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

A very precise and clear summary of the current state of play. Not at all a marketing tool for the company.

What should EU citizens do, given the higher level of risk that has become apparent.

It is clear that TRNC title deeds carry no creedence in the ROC or UK Courts. What type of contract of sale can be considered to show the disposal of property.

A private contract of sale witnessed, signed and dated is a document that does has legal standing. If you do not own it you cannot possibly entertain any claim from a third party. Disposal via contract of sale to, for example to a Russian, will certainly muddy the waters for any claimant.

Certainly any claim cannot rely upon the TRNC land registry as proof of ownership or possession. After all the TRNC is not recognised...that includes its Land registry,

and legal system.

So, if you know a Russian or American, or non european ( the more remote the better). Then enter into contact of sale for minimum...cont

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

...amount of benefit. Register the contact with Solicitor, Advocate as being executed in a EU member state.

When and If you appear in a ROC Court express the fact that you have no beneficial interest since date x.

It is for the claimant to prove otherwise.

Utility bills must not be in your name. No contract mobile phones. Remain below the radar.

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

theyve gotta get rid of cherie blair , she was more of a hindrence than a help .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.