North Cyprus Tourist Board - Who Owns The Land ? Impossible to Say
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Who Owns The Land ? Impossible to Say

Who Owns The Land ? Impossible to Say

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

PMF68

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

If we look through the history books we will see that almost every country has been conquered at some stage and more often than not on numerous occassions, so if history is to dictate who owns the land how far back do we go. Does Britain belong to the Vikings ? etc etc.

Someone once said that possession is nine tenths of the law so I think I will go with that one......sounds good to me.....

Paul

Troodo

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Worse was to follow for Linda when she finally made it back to her home town of Stropkov in Slovakia. She walked down her old street and knocked on the door of her house.

'The door was opened by a Russian or Ukrainian man,' she says. He was a complete stranger, and yet he was living in her house.

'Go back to where you came from,' he said, and then slammed the door in her face.

With the Soviets now occupying Slovakia, Linda felt that she had no hope of recovering her past life.

She had been sustained through her time in Auschwitz by the belief that, one day, she could go home and rebuild her shattered existence. That hope was now destroyed.

She turned down the main street of her home town and realised the houses that had previously belonged to friends and relations were now occupied by people from the Soviet Union. Only the non-Jews remained

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1247157/How-survivors-Auschwitz-escaped-nightmare-faced-unimaginable-ordeal.html#ixzz0

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.