North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wanted Hotels which don't charge single guest supplements ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wanted Hotels which don't charge single guest supplements ?

Wanted Hotels which don't charge single guest supplements ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

walkerscott

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

I am looking for a good hotel for a 4 week stay but one which doesn't charge singles supplements. Many now charge as much as 50% even when they have free capacity.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Seaview rooms preferred.

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

If you can wait awhile I will ask my friends in the travel business for you. One good question is 'When' as sometimes hotels are more accommodating onprices in the 'off season'. Give me an idea of date and I will make enquiries for you.

And the other thing is 'where'?

I DO understand what you are saying, as often not only does one pay more, but ends up in a 'broom cupboard'

walkerscott

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Thank you Marie. I've been through DT who used to be helpful and through GNC but there may be others who you know who can help me.

I was hoping to come out shortly, but have postponed it a little because of the weather. 27 Feb to 27 Mar would be good. Must have sea view room and B&B / HB if available. If i haven't found my long term rental by easter then i shall be out again Apr/May for 4 weeks and every other month for a similar period until i find my home

John

carollynne

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

John Have you tried Cyprusholidaysave.com if you speak to Aysen I'm sure she will sort something out for you, she's been really helpful and got us some very good deals.

HTH

Carollynne

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

I was amazed to find that some hotels charge single supplement for single rooms!

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

O.K. Will ask the travel agent I know, who is none of those mentioned. I assume you are getting your own flight and not looking for a package?

walkerscott

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Not fussed. Can get a flight Man to Lar for £250 ret and airport transfers £100-

I am not fussy but like to be comfortable

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Just another thought. I assume you want Kyrenia area? And what level of stars? In other words, do you want luxury or some small hotel? Have asked my friend for a list, but maybe we should narrow it down a bit. Over to you.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Kyrenia area nice or with 5 mins.

Luxury is nice but am happy in family hotel but prefer room with a sea view.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Sempati Hotel in lapta go on their web site for phone number and e-mail address. Ignore the prices as they always knock them down!

Chris

rowlo

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

acapulco hotel , dinner ,b&b garanteed sea view for your dates ., £325 per week , thats not bad ,£46 per day courtesy bus into kyrenia , its nice ive stayed their a few times .

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

The White Pearl, right on the harbour has nice rooms. I've stayed there lots of times but have no idea if they load up for a single as I've always had a single!

In the present climate, it might be wise to take a look at the list of hotels that it is said are Greek Cypriot owned that has been published. The Apostolides lawyer has stated that hotel guests in the TRNC are next on the list to be prosecuted.

Now, I don't know if this is just coincidence, but I have been using the crossings at least ten times a year for years and staying for anything from a day trip to 3 or 4 nights at a time.

The last two times I returned to the South I was asked how long I'd been there (though they could clearly see from the stamp on the visa) and also asked exactly WHERE I had stayed.

I happily told them where. It was the Ship Inn those two times. I now see that the Ship is on the list of proscribed hotels.

rowlo

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

msg 12 , thats crap , no hotels in the north are greek owned .

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

On my desk is the list to which Oleander refers, and there are LOADS of hotels listede. One is Onar Village, which is a super place to stay but a bit outside Kyrenia, and of course half way up a mountain. I have it from the owners that this was exchange land given to them because of the land they lefct behind inPaphos, and in 1991 they built one of the very first new hotels over here. To say this was G?C owned is stretching it a bit. f.y.i the hoels listed as GC or on GC land are: Acapulco, Altinkaya, Ambelia, Atlantis, Bellapais Monastery, Bristol, British Hotel, Club Lapethos, Club Z, Colonnade C;lub, Coeur de Lion Hotel, Denizkizi, Dome, Dorana, Ergenekon, Grand Avrasya, Grand Rock, Harbour Scene, Hotel Sempati, Kaan, Kasgar Court, Kemba Set, Korineum Golf Country Club, Jasmine Court, Life Hotel, Lighthouse Hotel, Mare Monte, Mercure, Merit Crystal Cove, Mountain View, Muftuzade Hotel, Nostalgia, Onar Holiday, Oscar Resort, Oscar Vouni, Osman Hotel, Pia Bella, Pitoresk Holiday Vil

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Crap is it? I will get you a link to the document containing the list and maybe even a link to where the lawyer clearly stated after the Orams case that they were going for guests who had stayed in the Dome Hotel next.

Good heavens you cannot even issue a note of caution on this site without someone jumping on you from a great height.

Maz

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

sorry, there;s more...Sammy's Hotel, Sidelia Hotel, Socrates Hotel, The Colony, The Ship Inn, Top Set Hotel and Bungalow, Turtle Bay Heights, Turtle Bay Village, Yeni Anadol Hotel, - HAD ENOUGH. Oh yes, there are eight hotels in whicbh you may stay!!!!!!

Any comments from anyone who knows these hotel owners. I won't bore you with what I know, but it does seem a little 'de trop'

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Here is a link to an article AND the list. Tho I should have insisted you look it up for yourself after you were so rude.

http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/embassies/embassy_doha.nsf/misc_en/2891F8BE5963CA5943257312001B8646?OpenDocument

I was surprised to find the Ship Inn on the list Marie. Going by what I was told by the Manager and staff there - that it had been in Turkish Cypriot ownership for ever and the owner was a TC living in the UK.

rowlo

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

my god , so are you saying that people visiting trnc ,staying un hotels etc , will be targeted , get real geek , there is none so blind than he who cannot see LONG LIVE KKTC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

I am not saying anything rowlo. I was merely pointing out what the lawyer had said (Yes he was saying that. You called that crap) and reporting that the last two trips I had been asked at the crossing by the GC Police where I had stayed. Yes he was saying that. You called that crap.

The link is there.

Here's another to what the lawyer said:

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/apostolides-lawyer-we-ll-target-tourists-next/20100121

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Candounas is already working on a new brief, having received instructions from the owners of the Dome Hotel in Kyrenia to sue for trespass 60 tourists who visited the hotel in 2009.

He clarified that “we do not object to the development of tourism in the north, I believe that it should be encouraged but not at the expense of the Greek Cypriots and definitely not in Greek Cypriot properties”.

He called on Turkish Cypriots to reach some arrangement with the real owners of these properties, and in particular with the Castellis family who own the Dome.

“This is not a political thing, this is purely business and I am sure an agreement could be reached between the parties involved,” he said, adding, “There is no intention to stop business in the north, but there is no free ride, the party is over.”

He is also in the process of taking a British couple to court for their use of property in occupied Karmi village.

[from the Cyprus Mail]

walkerscott

Message Posted:
01/02/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Thanks everyone. Have contacted some hotels directly and they are very helpful. Particularly the Manolya, Acapulco, Essentepe Hotel, Semparti and Mercure!

During this process i found a deal at the Acapulco offering me 3 weeks HB incl flights and transfers for £676.- but i am still looking

Cyprus Premier also seem to do better deals than Direct Traveller and Go North Cyprus!

Maz

Message Posted:
01/02/2010 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Yes, Oleander, I was surprised at several of the hotels on the list. As I say, Onar Village was but a piece of mountainside, and was most certainly not develloped by G.C's. Not sure of the history of The Ship, but if they built it, they they would state it had been theirs for ever, as is Onar Village belonging to those who built it in 1991.

I know what you are saying about Questions asked when crossing. When I was asked a few years ago where I worked and said G.A.U = Girne American University, I was told no place such as Girne, therefore it must be Kyrenia American University! Ho hum.

but of course if you are coming into Ercan and not via Larnaca, then no one is going to ask where you stayed, and people can make a choice as to whether they are scared off by Mr Apostolides threats. Some Lawyers in London feel he is going a bit too far, and although he might get notoriety, the 'compensation' would be 'nothing. Scaremongering really!

Oleander

Message Posted:
01/02/2010 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

I do feel that pursuing hotel 'guests' who stayed there 2 yrs ago would be just a tad counterproductive and bring the wrong sort of attention to his 'cause'. I doubt if any one of them had any idea that they might get this thrown at them 2 yrs or more afterwards. I guess they could in turn claim from whatever holiday company they used if they did use one (no clue really). A lot of Brits I spoke to there seem to have been using it for years and arrange their flights independently and book and pay the owner in the UK. I only mentioned the Ship because I remember reading in one of their brochures whilst there that it was owned by a TC in the UK and as far as I recall- was 25 yrs old?

They are closed until the 20 Feb according to their website - I just had a look to see if they make any of these claims re ownership on their site - couldn't find anything.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.