North Cyprus Tourist Board - wanted;advocate with teeth
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > wanted;advocate with teeth

wanted;advocate with teeth

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

breezyboy

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I am sure that there are many people in this position and I may have missed a thread with the info on it.

I have a developer who wants to milk us and does not take many parts of the contract seriously. They know that as we near completion they can blackmail us as we do not want to wait years for a court case to come to fruition. Possesion is etc etc.

Then I have a solicitor who basically says all you can do is take them to court and if we do any more than we have done it will cost you £xxx per hour with a deposit of £xxxx.

So the question is does anybody know a TRNC advocate who is totally independent who gets his kicks from protecting the little guy from injustice and has huge teeth and doesn't stand any messing about.

There are five of us from a developement of 8 houses considering the same action so it may also help to know if such a thing as class action exists in TRNC.

artoned

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry to hear of your problems,but you want what we all do this weeks winning lotto numbers, wish you all the best if you get one post there name you will make a thousand friends.

Pipie

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

to many people in the same boat ''so to speak'' the only thing that makes these develpers negociate is by keeping back the final payment hope this helps .

rtddci

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

"...does anybody know a TRNC advocate who is totally independent who gets his kicks from protecting the little guy from injustice and has huge teeth and doesn't stand any messing about."

In the TRNC? You 'aving a larf?

Boy do we all want to know the answer to your question. When we find him/her I'll see you in the queue.

Martin

Chris

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

If I keep back the final payment my developer has threatened to pull out of the contract(if you can call it that!) keep £20,000 of mine and then, when or if he resells the villa, I might get the rest back!!

Chris :(

doghnuts40

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

A good friend once told me that if ever I get in trouble there is only one lawyer to get in touch with. Not cheap but even the judges are scared of him. Kivance Riza based in Nicosia. Telephone 0392 227 2130. Speaks english. Was told to agree price with him before he takes case on. Good luck

wynyardman

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Chris,

You know my thoughts, but heres a suggestion..........

Invite him to our DO at The Ship......put the £20,000 behind the bar.................

Leave the rest to the lads........Just a thought..........baseball bats at dawn!

Take care you both,

wyn

brian24001

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

How about the advovcat that helps out the HBPG, he was at one of their recent meetings I beleive, saying he wanted to help clean up the legal proffession, don't know hos details, but HBPG will certainly know.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Theres a good point Brian.

wyn

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.