North Cyprus Tourist Board - shipping a car from uk to limasol port. then just drive to the north.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > shipping a car from uk to limasol port. then just drive to the north.

shipping a car from uk to limasol port. then just drive to the north.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mayfairpark35

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

it is easy to do this. e mail cheqflag@hotmail.com or ring jamie on 00441394273703. i have no ties to this company but shall be useing them myself soon. they charge 450 quid plus vat from southampton in around 9 days.

Pipie

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Let us know the outcome please .

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hello Mark

Please could you let me know how you get on? And is the plan to live in North Cyprus with the vehicle (sorry, that sounds like you're co-habiting, but you know what I mean!). Won't you run in to problems in the South, like them wanting duty, or requiring residency? And do the same restrictions apply, like age, and right hand drive?

Many thanks

Jo Valentine

valentineremovals@hotmail.com

mayfairpark35

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

im not expecting any problems in the south as it is now part of the eu, been on the euro since january. just visiting you see. i dont have a clue how long i can do this but i cant get a stright answer from anybody in the north and i do want to have something on the driveway to wash and polish on a sunday. dont see the right hand drive problem, you do drive on the left in cyprus and why will my age make a difference?.............you mean the car, sorry dont know about that either.

paul90

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

According to the embassy for the Republic of Cyprus you can temporarily import your car into Cyprus and avoid duties.

See the link below for full details from their Customs and Excise department:

http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/customs/customs.nsf/All/DB624764C3DCBFACC22572CF0020CAC0?OpenDocument

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

There are several threads on the BB regarding import of vehicles to TRNC, suggest you type car import into search and check them out.

Main criteria, car MUST be RH drive, Car MUST be under 5 years old, If car is over 5 years and you have the registrations docs proving ownership from new you may import.

Although the main criteria used to calculate is Glasses Guide, be warned it can be a little arbitary and total import duties can work out at over 60% of the book value.

Know of a case where person bought a vehicle at a knock down price, brought it over and it was valued for tax to pay was more than the person paid for it.

So you may have got a good deal for transporting but if you have not checked all this stuff before you transport you may have a problem.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.