North Cyprus Tourist Board - Solar Energy panels advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Solar Energy panels advice

Solar Energy panels advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LostFound

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I did post something on this quite some time ago but I cannot find it. Someone recommended a company that do solar panels. I cannot get electric to my house as my landowner has a debt of 25,000.00 lire to Kibtek since 07 and he will not pay it and so the only option it seems is to have solar energy. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost for a 3 bed villa and which place to enquire at. I know its not going to be cheap but I need t be able to live in my own house. I will never need kibtek or (if the site ever gets finished) I wont need to contribute to a transformer room or any electric supplies will I !

cooper

Message Posted:
03/02/2010 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

This link might be useful - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/6874.asp

Cooper

henrik

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

try my brother Peter from AGD Solar Trading Ltd., he is your guy.. He has been in TRNC solar business for years. just completed a few projects, also for UNDP.

His mail is: pp@kibsolar.com - webpage: http://www.kibsolar.com - references: http://www.refs.kibsolar.com phone: 0090 533 866 42 43

Good luck,

regards,

Henrik

hp Energy Consulting & Trade - Berlin, Germany

LostFound

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

ok thanks.

Any more advice would be helpful. AND if I ever can sell my villa, can I take the solar panels to the next house?

henrik

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

The solar panels are removable. So any system can be removed and put up somwhere else.

call peter and he can give you the best advice. He would need more information from you. For more info about solar systems use the webpage. Depending on the needed energy system size, the ammount of the investment will vary. Systems can start from rough 1500 euros - up to no limits. For a villa with pool and all sort of aircondition, cooling and heating and electric oven etc, you will need a carefull checkout to obtain best operation and to analyse energy needs.

Good luck,

regards,

Henrik

hp Energy Consulting & Trade - Berlin, Germany

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Make sure you go for inverter-driven air conditioning.

LostFound

Message Posted:
05/02/2010 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Message 6

What the hell does that mean?

Please explain Janet and John style !

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/02/2010 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Inverter a/c units draw a much lower current on start-up and are therefore more suitable for off-grid systems of limited capacity, i.e. solar systems etc.

Have a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverter_%28air_conditioning%29

Particularly the section:

"While at the beginning of the 1990s inverter air conditioners had some drawbacks, this is no longer the case. Running at full load, conventional air conditioners tend to be more efficient and outperform inverters. Inverter-based air conditioners have their strengths in environments where a partial load is common, as they are significantly more efficient than conventional air conditioners in those situations."

"For most households inverters are the preferred option, as part load is the common mode there. The higher initial expense is balanced by lower energy bills. In a typical setting the pay-back time is about two years."

Inverter a/c is recommended for those on mains but who want to save money on running costs.

Bubbles

Message Posted:
17/02/2010 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hello

Contact Akin at Europlus on 0542 852 4371. He has a wide range of solar products and maybe able to help or advise.

(His wife is due to have a baby any day now, just in case you are unable to reach him)

Hope this helps.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.