North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkcell PAYG to Contract?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkcell PAYG to Contract?

Turkcell PAYG to Contract?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

susief

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to change from Pay as You Go to a monthly pay contract with Turkcell whilst keeping the same telephone number? If so, what do I need to do and does anyone have a rough idea of the monthly line rental charges if any?

Many Thanks

laptatim

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

yes you can change to contract phone and keep the same no

you will need your passport and house contract or rental contract

think you will find it cheaper than pay as you go

Kibris

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

When I did mine you also needed your residency or work permit.

dozza67

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

It's approximately 15% cheaper on contract. Just go to the Turkcell office near the Kyrenia/Nicosia roundabout with the paperwork that Laptatim said. It's defo worth changing to contract.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

What are the advantages of changing to contract? I have the pay as you go system now, but there are certain services that will not work on the phone, ie internet services. Would these work on contract?

moonstone

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

To change from pay as you go to contract with Turkcell, you will need to take your passport with a valid work permit/ residency stamp in it.

Monthly charge is 3 TL. To phone another turkcell number it is 0.24 tl per min.

Internet services is available for both pay as you go and contract depending on the model of your phone. (no internet options for chineese phones).

hope this helps

Jayne

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I changed mine a few months ago and had to wasnt asked to show house contract or passport. The tariff I am on is 150 minutes per month for 35 TL per month. If you go over, you jst pay for the additional calls - so much easier than having to go and credit all the time.

scruff

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Also recommend Contract. As well as being cheaper it is far less hassle than PAYG. No more top up cards to buyor running out of credit.

Only suitable though if you live here most of the year.

Text message sent to you with your bill total, in the first few days of the month. Monthly, clearly itemised bills are emailed to you promptly at the end of the month. Ensure that you ask for a bill in English. You so have to request these options. You can pay your bill at the Turkcell office (not shops selling PAYG cards) or even simpler at any bank or through Internet banking direct. Payment due by 15th of the following month & you receive a text message to say that the bill is paid. I have had a contract for 7 yrs & only ever had one payment problem which was soon sorted out.

They also operate several different tariffs. I use Bizim which means that I get Turkcell to Turkcell calls cheaper but pay more for Turkcell to Telsim. Monthly charge 3TL incl. KDV. Choice of tariff would depend on use

susief

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for your help and info everyone - doesn't sound too hard to swap over...probably jinxed it now

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.