North Cyprus Tourist Board - How to Collect my Kocan
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How to Collect my Kocan

How to Collect my Kocan

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

twaddle

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Back in June 2009, we employed our Advokate to sort out the transfer tax and VAT in order to obtain our Kocan. We were told that it would take a while for the Kocan to be written up. Since that time I have heard nothing further from my Advokate despite a number of emails I have sent enquiring as to progress which is a little unusual as she has always replied before and we have used her since 2006). My builder did attend a meeting with her in order that the Kocan was signed over, so I am assuming that the work has actually been done.

Can anyone advise me how I can obtain my Kocan?. Presumably I will need to go to the Land Registry in Girne, what will I need to take with me in the form of documentation.

Thanks

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Don't assume!

Best to phone your advocate and get a definitive answer!

sloan

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

My builder gave me a piece of paper that just looked as if it had been torn out of a noebook and I took it down to the Land Registry. I had to go 4 times over a period of about 3 months before I was given it. My lawyer was very cross that the Land Registry gave it to me and not to her. She rang them up and gave them a piece of her mind.

Molly

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

After the transfer is completed, the Lands Office issue a receipt headed TAPU VE KADASTRO DAIRESI. In the top right hand corner there will be a file number (Dosya) which is prefixed with an S.

Despite the Lands Office having no transfers to do in January, there is still a huge back log of title deeds to be issued.

However, you do need to verify that the transfer was actually completed. Can someone not call into your lawyer's office on your behalf (send that person an email giving them authority to do so).

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/02/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Ours was submitted 29th June 2009, collected Tuesday this week.

We just had a photo copy of the receipt from Tapu as well as one for our neighbours and we collected both at the same time. No ID required!!!!!!! You just have to go in every week and keep pestering.

As for msg 4, know what I would have said to solicitor, not allowable here. We now do not have a solicitor cos she dismissed us last week for asking too many questions. Hilarious really and not bothered.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.