North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any retired Aussies or Kiwis living in North Cyprus?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any retired Aussies or Kiwis living in North Cyprus?

Any retired Aussies or Kiwis living in North Cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

anski

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Hi,

I am an Australian currently living in New Zealand & have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Cyprus. I would be interested to hearing thoughts on living in North Cyprus from any Australians or Kiwis.

We want to move next year when we retire.

Ann

Aussie

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Ann

Hi

My partner and I (both Australian) shifted here nearly six months ago.

Overall we love the place although there are a few hasells we have had to go through with various things such as temporary residency etc.

We both like Cypriot food and culture which I think is pretty important if you live here permanently.

Generally we have found most people here both Cypriot mainland Turkish and British etc very friendly and overall the place has a bit of a village atmosphere. On the downside I guess its hard to be anonomous if you want to especially as an Australian as you are a bit of a novelty.

I haven't run into any other Aussies or New Zealanders yet except for some Äustraliän"Cypriots who have returned to live.

We haven't had any need for medical or such services so far (touch wood) and cars are expensive to buy with fuel more expensive than Australia about AUD2 a litre. Other than that most things are pretty reasonably priced.

There a a lot of clubs and orgaisation you can get involved with if you like and a volunteer run English Library in Kyrenia which is handy.

Aussie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.