North Cyprus Tourist Board - DVD recording via Digiturk
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > DVD recording via Digiturk

DVD recording via Digiturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

bernie

Message Posted:
05/02/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray dvd hard disc drive recorder which I purchased from the UK. It has an HDMi socket which connects directly to my TV.

The problem I have is that it wants to connect to freesat as it has two inbuilt tuners which, in the UK would enable you to recieve all the free to view channels via the Astra 2 satellite.

Here of course we are outside the range of that satellite and I cannot get it to link to Digiturk. I'm sure it must be possible to bypass the two tuners so that I can see and set up the menu for recording. Any ideas anybody or can someone suggest an expert I can contact?

erolz

Message Posted:
05/02/2010 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

In simple terms if all you want to be able to do is record what you are 'watching' on digiturk then you would need to go from an output on the digiturk box to an input on the panasonic box, which in turn is connected via an output to the TV.

What cables you use exactly for these connections depends on the boxes you have.

A typical setup might be, from a scart output on the digibox , convert to s-video that then connects to the pansonic box via s-video in connection. The panasonic box connects 'out' to the tv via existing HDMI.

With something like that you should then be able to record whatever you are currently watching via digiturk.

Hope that helps. If you are not to far from me (Kyrenia/ Girne area) I could probably pop round at some point and try and help you out.

bernie

Message Posted:
05/02/2010 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Thanks for that, I've tried several configurations and so have Coldsat in Alksancak but without success.

I'm in Lapta by the way. may take you up on your offer if no success with other trials.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.