North Cyprus Tourist Board - Don’t go expecting miracles in Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Don’t go expecting miracles in Cyprus

Don’t go expecting miracles in Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Courtesy of Hermes Solomon, Cyprus Mail.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/opinions/don-t-go-expecting-miracles-cyprus/20100124?page=4

This article sums up my feelings about the 'Cyprus Problem'

AJ

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Dear AJ

I read the article and it merely talks about the the unlikelihood of reunification and the likelihood of self-rule for TCs

I'd say it sums up *my* feelings about the CY problem ;)

Bi-zonal autonomous regions, as part of of a federation..! Don't mention Annan ..;)

Maz

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Cor, did this winged footed; gent get paid for writing this? Why have I been hiding my light under a bushell?

As a Divinity graduate and as one who did all the work for a Masters in Inter-Faith, I could have written all that 'history' (there's more if anyone wants it); as one interested in the Cyprus Situation , I guess our winged footed friend was stating the obvious, which most of us on this forum could do; he quotes Churchill without giving him credit, and I for o ne believe that 'jaw, jaw, jaw is better than war war war,' and no doubt 250,000 people living in North Cyprus would agree with Sir Winston; - so excuse me while I am off to write the most dynamic bit of regurgitation and sell it to The News of rthe World - I need the money.

But the article was well written, wasn't it?

Maz

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hey guys, take anpother look at this. It is not so much the wisdom of our wing footed scribe, but the comments that follow that reveal the greater truths of the thinking of a few. Some sensible thoughts,but some vitreolic Greek ones.

Makes me realise how I do not envy the tasks of Talat, Chrisofias, Downer nor Mr Ban Ki Moon.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

If miracles are not about to occur in Cyprus, let’s get back to saving the economy on both sides, or else accept what many have said: we are comfortably off. Why change what has been, since the invasion, a winning streak for the vast majority?

We are comfortably off? If this is reference to finances then I wouldn't hold my breath.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.