North Cyprus Tourist Board - Euromess! Good news?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Euromess! Good news?

Euromess! Good news?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

Geoff

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

I see the Eurozone is in a mess and some countries are being tipped as likely to dump the Euro and revert to their old currency/ies. This is all because Greece, Portugal, and Spain have been running up huge public finance deficits. South Cyprus is going the same way as Greece and for the same reasons. GREED by civil servants. At least here we use the TL, should be good news for those of us paid our pensions in British Pounds or Euros, since the British Pound also in as mess,

Geoff

Famagusta City.

Groucho

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

"At least here we use the TL, should be good news for those of us paid our pensions in British Pounds or Euros, since the British Pound also in as mess, "

I'm glad you aren't my accountant!

elko2

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Groucho,

Maybe a good accountant always think in a devious way which we cannot see or appreciate

ismet

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

'Greed by civil servants' - ooh!

'The pot calling the kettle....' springs to mind, Geoff!

Groucho

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

"Maybe a good accountant always think in a devious way which we cannot see or appreciate "

Yeah but to think that a weak pound might benefit you when changing pounds into Turkish lira is daft... as it will buy less TL not more!

Geoff

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Creative accounting my friends. Think on it! Where is the TL going compared to other currencies?

Geoff

elko2

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Geoff (msg. 6),

You are as good as my friend. When the price of petrol went up I asked him what he thought. "It makes no difference to me" he said. I asked him to explain how and he said that he always bought 50TL worth of petrol, so it would not make any difference to him

ismet

Groucho

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry Geoff but playing the currency markets with a pension is like putting all your wages on the outcome of a game of footie.

Week by week, month by month you'd have to make the right pick. All the time you've got to live and pay your way in TL.

Unless to sit by your computer 24/7 making trades and watch life pass you by it won't make consistent profit - and if you do, it's just not worth the effort.

MarkVPiazza was forecasting 5TL to the GBP on this and other boards any day soon, and that was 3+ years ago! The man did not see the writing on the wall.

And thinking about keeping money in Sterling as a hedge against a weakening TL is just as dangerous. At what point do you leap back into TL?

LOvegod

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

full marks groucho. Im glad geoff isnt an accountant. For those on GBP pensions , a weakening pound means less TL to live on ! The euro and pound have weakened dramatically in the last month alone especially against the dollar and yen. This trend could continue as the markets become ever more wary of a global recovery.

girne 29

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Those of you that think Greece's problem or any other in a similar situation is good news,should think again.

Think out of the Cyprus,Orams ,EU ,Turkey vs Greece box.We should want a strong Greece and EU.

For all concerned ,its better the UK gets its economy and currency up to the level of the main players in Europe, rather than hope their economies go down to our level.

The problem at the moment is that France and Germany are quite rightly refusing to bail out Greece,but it would be better for all if the Greek economy was strong.We should hope they can get out the mess.

Those with pensions being paid in NC,why do you presume a Euro becoming weaker is of any benifit,that would only apply if you live in the south.

Those with private pensions but yet to take them , and those with investments in equities. The last thing we want is poor EU stockmarkets.

It might have escaped some that UK is in EU as well. Also about 60% of Turkeys exports go to EU,and that will be affected.

LOvegod

Message Posted:
06/02/2010 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

With any luck Germany in the end will say , enough is enough and leave the EU. That means The EU will cease to exist and we can all get back to normal. Good riddance to the most corrupt organisation on this planet.

Biker

Message Posted:
07/02/2010 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

And to think that Turkey is trying to get into this !!!!!!!

I wonder what will be the economic situation of a Turkey outside of EU and Greece in EU ??

Interesting phenomenon ha !!

Lilli

Message Posted:
07/02/2010 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

well whatever happens it is having a knock on effect here. Germay is trying to get its own house in order by disclosing the rich germans with swiss bank accounts Do you think Germany will decide the fate of the EU. I wish someone would xxxxx

Reproman

Message Posted:
07/02/2010 03:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Baldric I have a cunning plan!

Turkey with it's strong economy can bail out Greece, in return for recognition of north Cyprus!

There you go problem solved ;)

jokes aside, as much as I hate Greeks and enjoying seeing them suffer, the demise of Greeces economy is tanking the stock Market right now and my shares are going down!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.