North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone bought on the Wellington Estates Site At Karisyaki
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone bought on the Wellington Estates Site At Karisyaki

Anyone bought on the Wellington Estates Site At Karisyaki

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
07/06/2008 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 47 in Discussion

Hello to any other home owners on the wellington Estates Site, it would be good to make friends with any other residents and to chat about any positive or negative experiences with your property or procedures.......hopefully all your experiences have been positive!!!

Best Regards

Wild Willy

bloss

Message Posted:
29/06/2008 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 47 in Discussion

Hello Wild Willy

We have also bought on the Wellington Estate Site. Murat the builder is first rate. Straight talking and good at his job. As are his team. Our build is nearly finished and we can't wait to get over there

Regards

Bloss

trace

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 47 in Discussion

Hi

Have you read the other topic on Wellington Estates on this forum. Please read and check everything is in order.

chris72

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Trace

If you go to the Wellington Estates web site it shows how many have been sold and built on etc,but there are no actual photos of the site as it stands at the moment.Regarding contact with Les Hardy,every time i tried ringing their office i actually got to speak to him,wheather that was just luck or that he is always available for new business.

Regards

chris

trace

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Chris

Wellington Estates web site has not been updated since 8th March? The people named as contacts on the web site is also out of date so I have been informed, so who are the Lawyers etc for Wellington Estates????

Trace

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Bloss

Really good to hear from another resident, envious of the fact that you are moving in imminently

Have you experienced any negative aspects to the process?

How long as your build taken thus far?

Regards

Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Chris

We too have found no problem contacting Leslie, so far our experiences have been positive, how about you?

Regards Wild Willy

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 47 in Discussion

Hello

Anyone need a quote for Removal/Shipping?

Regards

Jo Valentine

http://www.jamesvalentineremovals.co.uk

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Jo

We are not yet at a stage to require your services, but are eager to know what sort of time scale and costs we are looking at, if we wanted to ship a container from the Channel Islands

Regards Wild Willy

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 47 in Discussion

Hello Wild Willy

Thanks for your interest - I'll look into that cost for you.

Would you like to Email me so I can get your address & reply off-forum?

All the best

Jo Valentine

Email: valentineremovals@hotmail.com

trace

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 47 in Discussion

I hope you all checked the building permits, infrastructure regs and your lawyer did a very thorough check on everything????????

trace

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 47 in Discussion

By the way which number plots are you all buying as I still own 15 sq mtrs of plot 9 - £2000 worth!!!!!!!

hello

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 07:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 47 in Discussion

Hi, I own a villa at Wellington Estates, Karsiyaka. We have been using the villa as a holiday home for the past one and a half years and it has been great. We love the place and the villa has been built to a good standard,

trace

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Hello

Just wondering which plot you purchased?

trace

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 47 in Discussion

Is it a Nebula or Fantasy?

stevo

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Wild willy

You are a very lucky man.

trace

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Stevo

Are you having problems? Just wondering what you mean't by your message to Wild Willy!

Trace

trace

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Hello

When I was out in NC 18 months' ago there was only a three bed Fantasy, 4 bed Fantasy and a Nebula bungalow built, the bungalow was being lived in and the Fantasys' were still for sale as they still were not so long ago. You say you have using yours for 18 month's ago I just wondered which one?

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Stevo,

Why am I such a lucky man, do you know something I don't?

trace

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 47 in Discussion

Just thought i would bring this back to top as there are still some unanswered questions on it!

trace

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 47 in Discussion

Anyone buying from Wellington Estates please be very careful or stay well clear. If you are still intereted in their properties please ask questions about infrastructure, building permits etc. and make sure you read all forum posts you can, personally I suggest you don't buy from this company as they do not stand by what they sign!

BillyB

Message Posted:
30/08/2008 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 47 in Discussion

Lets not beat about the bush! Wild Willy, Bloss and Hello obviously you are Wellington Estates or connected with them. Seen this so many times before on these sites where developers are not carrying out their obligations in their contracts so they get exposed on these sites for what they really are. Instead of honouring their contracts they assume the general public are as thick as s**t and try and start positive postings to regain their poor reputation. Any company where you pay 50% down and 40% on concrete structure smacks of criminal activity. They've got no incentive to finish off the property under these terms. Bear in mind it's cost them approx £10,000 to get to that stage. Walk away!

trace

Message Posted:
05/09/2008 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 47 in Discussion

I totally agree with everything you say BillyB, funny how none of these have responded to posts and questions asked.

Hardy is a very arrogant man who tries to intimidate people using 'big' words thinking you won't understand them.

Do not buy from this man you will not have a finished place to use, please read all postings.

rtddci

Message Posted:
06/09/2008 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 47 in Discussion

That's what these forum are useful for. Anyone from Wellington Estates care to comment and clarify the situation?

trace

Message Posted:
12/09/2008 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 47 in Discussion

Obviously no one would care to comment and clarify the situation like you asked rtddci, I find that very strange because if it was my business I would definately want to clear this situation up before it had an affect on my sales.

If Les Hardy returned my £2000 he owes me I am sure this would show he is trying to redeem his self and Wellington Estates, if he then connects electric and water to the Karsiyaki estate it would definately show he is trying and doesn't want to be seen as a conman which is what we all see him as now.

I wonder whether anyone from Wellington Estates would like to comment and clarify this?

Hector

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 47 in Discussion

It would be of interest to hear Wellington Estates side of the story. Whatever happened to our excited buyers Wild Willy, Bloss & Hello I wonder?

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 47 in Discussion

Many thanks for your concern over my welfare,I am at the moment recovering from a bout of "Man -Flue"but am well on the way to recovery.

I have decided not to take part in the unpleasant and odious name calling that has appeared in previous posts with regard to Wellington Estates, I do not possess or know the full facts of the allegations being made by Trace, so i feel unable to comment either way!

I am a purchaser on the Wellington Site with the same hopes and trepadation that everyone experiences when embarking on such an endeavour in the T.R.N.C, so far it has proved to be a relatively stress free exerience.

Mr Hardy in my experience thus far has communicated effectively and politley to my requests, which is all I can say at this juncture.

I think the reason that the other posters have not replied to the unpleasant allegations hurled about against them, are that they just do not want to be involved in Trace's private war against Mr Hardy, and quite frankly who does!

Having researched my family tree at some length, I am not related or some illigitimate offspring of the aforesaid Mr Hardy.

Wishing all a good day!

Regards

Wild Willy

trace

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 47 in Discussion

Wild Willy let me ask you 'have you spoken to the residents already on the Karsiyaka Site'? If you haven't I would suggest you do as they still have no electric or water infrastructure as was confirmed on another topic about Wellington Estates.

I don't want you involved in my 'private war' with hardy as you put it, I am very capable of fighting my own wars, but I feel it is my duty to warn others about the person who they are dealing with and his associates as also posted on another topic.

Whilst you keep handing over your money Hardy will be pleasant and amicable,why shouldn't he be your giving him money, ask yourself why doesn't he respond to the PIO office if he is in the right with my money. Don't say you wasn't warned!!!!

Marilyn

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 47 in Discussion

I must say I agree with Wild Willy.

Tracey, you have made some 33 posts in this forum and every one of them criticises Wellington Estates. A reasonable person will conclude that you are obsessed by this matter.

You say you paid them a deposit of £2,000. That does not seem a mega sum for a deposit. You also say you then pulled out after asking Wellington to send contracts to your solicitor.

I am not surprised that they refused to give you the £2,000 back.

Luv

Marilyn

trace

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 47 in Discussion

1. It was a 'REFUNDABLE' deposit as signed by Les Hardy

2. I pulled out because of no mains infrastructure which still isn't in place (legal requirement)

3. His contract wanted me to pay his Capital Gains (Vendors responsibility)

4. No planning permission/building permit for plot (legal requirement)

5. My solicitor wanted to put a charge on the plot to safeguard my interests until deeds exchanged, Mr Hardy refused, WHY?????

£2000 may not equate much to you but to me it is 133 hours hard earned overtime. If £2000 is such a menial sum of money why doesn't Les Hardy just return it any reputable firm/person would.

As I said before to another negative post, do not respond to my posts unless you have something worth saying and know the facts but I think you know the facts Marilyn!!!!!

Marilyn

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 47 in Discussion

Dear Trace

I have already spoken to Wellington Estates about your complaints. But I will ring them in the UK on Monday. I do know that they have Building Permits because I asked to see them.

Regarding the £2,000, the terms of business are spelt out on the website

http://www.wellestates.com/contacts.htm

There is a mains electrical supply at Karsiyaka, but this needs to be upgraded with a SubStation as more of the 20 properties are completed. All the customers who have moved in are on the mains electric supply.

As to negative posts, you are the mother of all negative posts - you have already made 33 of them.

Marilyn

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 47 in Discussion

Got to say Marilyn you are a tryer.

The electric supply on this site is "builders electric" and I challenge you to live on a site with shared BE.

Just think if you have to call someone down the road to tell them you are going to switch your kettle on so you do maybe spoil something in their microwave!!!! OK a slight exageration but that is how you have to live.

So please stop trying to defend something that you obviously know little about.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 47 in Discussion

please do not forget the cost of b/ e 3 x normal rate !!!

Hector

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 47 in Discussion

I can imagine that 'the Substation' will cost a fortune.

Marilyn

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Trace

I am now responding to your post of 14th. I have spoken with Claire Robertson in the UK Office of Wellington Estates who has looked up your file.

1 Yes, you paid a Reservation Fee of (exact amount deleted by moderator). This was refundable up to the time when Wellington engaged in correspondence with your solicitor. After that time, it becomes non refundable. This is made perfectly clear on the website - item 2. http://www.wellestates.com/contacts.htm

In addition, Mr Hardy of Wellington travelled from Cardiff to your home at (details deleted by moderator), to explain these and other matters to you. The company architect also contacted your solicitor.

2 There is a Builders Mains Electricity supply in place, and it is adequate for the customers who have moved in. There is Kib Tek approval for a SubStation. The project number is EK 107/1448 - http://www.wellestates.com/karsiyaka_meadows_permits.htm

3 The standard terms of business do state that customers are expected to pay all taxes, as per http://www.wellestates.com/contacts.htm

4 Planning Permission and Building Permits are in place. You can see them at

http://www.wellestates.com/karsiyaka_meadows_permits.htm

5 Wellington do not normally permit customers to place charges on their land, as these can be considered adverse entries in the Land Register. In addition, any charge will 'float' over all the land rather than an individual plot. However, Wellington did agree to this request as you made it a condition of the sale. By the way, you forgot to mention that Wellington also agreed to your request for a £15,000 mortgage on the purchase.

As you have made some 33 vitriolic posts about Wellington, all of which have now been refuted, I would ask you to apologise for the defamations.

I also hope that some of the Forum readers who may have been influenced by your unfounded criticisms can now come to a more balanced opinion about Wellington Estates.

Luv Mariliyn

Wild Willy

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Marilyn,

I trust that we can now put this unseemly episode with Trace to oneside and have some sensible dialogue now that the points raised have been dealt with.

A first rate response, well done for seeking clarification on those issues.

Regards

Wild Willy

joandjelly

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 47 in Discussion

It would have been perfectly possible for you to post your "balanced view" without giving details of where this lady lives and also contractual information. Posting personal information about a member of the forum is against the forum rules and message 35 should be deleted immediately by the moderators.

What you have done is completely and utterly unprofessional and I personally would not touch your company with a barge pole.

Hector

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 47 in Discussion

Trace?

trace

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 47 in Discussion

Hi Everyone

Everything I have stated is FACT, I am a genuine person and anyone who knows me will verify this. I guess you will all make your own judgement the only thing I ask is you all take into account this happened 21 months ago, websites can be changed, documents changed etc.

Anyway due to the legal implications of the post by Mayilyn I shall not respond any further.

I really wish you all well in your lives and holidays in TRNC just wish it had turned out right for me.

Thanks for time

Trace

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 47 in Discussion

Marylin,

Problem is nobody here believes a word builders, estate agents and lawyers say. Then to compound that problem you post personal details of a customer and BB member.

I hope Trace can take a case against you, given Mr Hardy and co are based in UK, she is in UK I am sure the courts would look kindly on her.

Good luck Trace.

Hector

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 47 in Discussion

Yes, I'd add my support to Trace. I believe that Marilyn, Wild Willy, Bloss and Hello are linked to Wellington Estates.

Marilyn

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 47 in Discussion

Dear Hector

Do you really believe that there is a conspiracy of Marilyn, Wild Billy, Bloss and Hello to hoodwink people into believing that Wellington Estates are good guys, when in reality they are rogues ?

Let's focus on the indisputable facts - the site has a Building Permit, and a Kib Tek electrical project reference. Oh and yes, they actually do build quality homes rather than run off with money from customers. And finally, they have bought all their sites for cash and have registered title deeds in their name to prove it.

If every TRNC company operated like Wellington, I think the property scene would be much improved.

Lov, Marilyn

w26kay

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 47 in Discussion

I would just like to ask Marilyn how SHE, (who is purportedly another customer of Wellington Estates) was able to access personal information in such detail of another customer (Trace) from their UK office. Have Wellington Estates not heard of the Data Protection Act? Did you think about the implications of your posting Marilyn before you disclosed such confidential information?

Could it be the case that Marilyn is employed by Wellington Estates and therefore had access to the information anyway, and has breached the Data Protection Act by posting confidential information on this public forum? Whether Marilyn is, or isn't employed by WE, is irrelevant. She obtained the information and repeated it on here.

Well Trace you have the name of the person who divulged your personal information....... Clare Robertson at WE, so if I were you, I would copy all of the postings on this BB, and go and seek legal advice against WE/Clare Robertson and of course, Marilyn.

BTW Marilyn are you the same "Marilyn" who is on the TRNC Villa Owners BB?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 47 in Discussion

wKay26,

Kay,

If Marilyn is not an employee of Wellington Estates, I cannot see that she has breached anything. Even if she is (and that is pure speculation) I doubt whether what she has posted is actionable.

Is this what these boards are intended for? For heavens sake!

wyn

w26kay

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 47 in Discussion

Wyn, you are missing my point... Trace does have redress by way of a complaint to the Information Commission as it is an offence under the Data Protection Act, to provide personal details to third parties. It's like me phoning your bank and obtaining confidential information about you and posting it on here. They would not give that to me, and neither should WE have given it to a third party. By posting confidential information about another person Marilyn is breaching the Data Protection Act, as it is privilaged information and she did not have the consent of Trace to do so.

No these BB are not intended to provide a platform for any "tom dick or harry" to release confidential information without that person's consent. They are a source of information about a wealth of issues. Even though the post has been moderated in part, it still provides personal information, and is not acceptable.

w26kay

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 47 in Discussion

BTT Marilyn any response?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 47 in Discussion

Trace,

I have looked back over this tread,to refresh my memory, over the many points raised.

You state that you have a receipt from Mr Les Hardy showing that your £2000 is marked refundable.

Would not your best way forward to sue Mr Les Hardy in the small claims court, in the UK which is relatively inexpensive, as this would also allow you to claim interest on your money also.

Regards

wyn

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.